Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Which is more satisfying, Titanfall 2 coop or Destiny 2 coop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Destiny 2 for co-op but Titanfall 2 is by far the superior game overall.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Destiny 2 most definitely. There is simply more to it there if you just want coop. In terms of competitive gameplay, I give the nod to Titanfall because I find it a lot more unique and because I hate the bungie style of competitive multiplayer.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Destiny 2 multiplayer sucks so bad compared to TF2

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thats surprising to me that the game focused on pve and the game that is focused on pvp are both respectively better at that facet than the other game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

4v4 is fail

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

thats surprising to me that the game focused on pve and the game that is focused on pvp are both respectively better at that facet than the other game
That said, for Destiny, I dunno how they balanced the weapons for both PvP and PvE even as well as they did. I thought early in Destiny 1's lifetime PvP would have become a wasteland almost immediately with some one gun dominating everything.

edit: there's still zero sign of DDDA's supposed arrival on Steam and the PS4 today (in Japan). Their website says they will come out today but if not for that I'd think it was just rumor.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 5, 2017

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

30 FPS, a sub-60 FOV, and P2P connections makes Destiny feel like a last-gen game when compared to every other MP FPS on PS4. Then there's the actual gameplay, which is slow, restrictive and anti-fun.

Samurai Sanders posted:

That said, for Destiny, I dunno how they balanced the weapons for both PvP and PvE even as well as they did. I thought early in Destiny 1's lifetime PvP would have become a wasteland almost immediately with some one gun dominating everything.

NARRATOR: They didn't.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

all of the really good pvp guns were gotten by people insanely grinding the iron banner and hoping for perfect rolls. im glad you posted a good pve gun to argue the pvp balance was bad tho

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

all of the really good pvp guns were gotten by people insanely grinding the iron banner and hoping for perfect rolls. im glad you posted a good pve gun to argue the pvp balance was bad tho

MIDA breaks PvP balance in D2 because you get always-on radar when every other weapon has to deal with the radar cooldown, 100 aim assist so you have to be braindead to miss shots, big movement speed boost, and causes high flinch so enemies can't really shoot back.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i thought we were talking the original

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Are there any tips for a first Dragons Dogma play through

Is there a Dragon Dogma thread ?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“fit em all up in there”" post="“477064323”"]

[/quote]

Wolves hunt in packs

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

fit em all up in there posted:

Dragon's Dogma HD Thread: Now you can Fly Into Free on PS4 and XBO!

(You still cannot actually fly Into Free.)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The new opening singing also gives me the feels though.

It happened to appear earlier in the day on Steam so I bought it there but I am not kidding myself; I will eventually own it on the PS4 also.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Digirat posted:

If you're referring to andromeda I don't recommend it at this point--most of the community has moved on and it is unbelievably grindy which are two things that do not work together. Consider TF2 frontier defense for co-op shootshoot instead, if you haven't played it yet. Its community is small but it's not a badly-designed grindfest, unlike andromeda

And if you want to play it for the story, don't bother there either. There is no thought or effort put into it at all, and even the slightest thought applied to what is there just unravels multiple layers of stupidity. ME: Andromeda is an unsalvageable trainwreck from top to bottom that should be avoided like the plague.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finished the BF1 campaign and I gotta say, that was actually kind of great. The mini campaign thing is pretty rad and I really wouldn't mind more of that. Especially in MP focused games. I really liked being able to finish a 1-2 hour campaign and bounce back into conquest in between. Then again, I'll always enjoy a competent shooter campaign when I'm in the right mood. I'm like the one weirdo on earth that thought the BF4 campaign was fun, aside from :dice: requiring that you play the whole drat thing in in one 7 hour sitting.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

veni veni veni posted:

Finished the BF1 campaign and I gotta say, that was actually kind of great. The mini campaign thing is pretty rad and I really wouldn't mind more of that. Especially in MP focused games. I really liked being able to finish a 1-2 hour campaign and bounce back into conquest in between. Then again, I'll always enjoy a competent shooter campaign when I'm in the right mood. I'm like the one weirdo on earth that thought the BF4 campaign was fun, aside from :dice: requiring that you play the whole drat thing in in one 7 hour sitting.

I think I would have liked the BF4 campaign a lot more if I didn't realize that it was going to be a 6-7 hour affair. When I first started it, I thought it would be something like 2 hours long. I was completely wrong.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am very much a casual gamer, I have said it many, many times and I am enjoying Mass Effect Andromeda. I have about 14 hours in it so far and I have been bumbling about on the first planet: EOS.

I like my character and Vectra (the female turian) a lot. The Nomad is super fun to drive around and reminds me of the Mako. Driving around in the Make in ME1 was one of my absolute favourite things of the whole series.

I'm liking the combat quite a lot, the jump jets are so welcome!! I'm really intrigued by the story too. It's probably derivative of something else, but I'm not sure what so it's new to me and has grabbed me. I'm excited to complete it!

I'm pretty sure I'm not too far into the game, so if things changed drastically after EOS then I will ammend my thoughts, but for now I do not regret playing it whatsoever :D

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“VideoGames”" post="“477075385”"]
I am very much a casual gamer, I have said it many, many times and I am enjoying Mass Effect Andromeda. I have about 14 hours in it so far and I have been bumbling about on the first planet: EOS.

I like my character and Vectra (the female turian) a lot. The Nomad is super fun to drive around and reminds me of the Mako. Driving around in the Make in ME1 was one of my absolute favourite things of the whole series.

I’m liking the combat quite a lot, the jump jets are so welcome!! I’m really intrigued by the story too. It’s probably derivative of something else, but I’m not sure what so it’s new to me and has grabbed me. I’m excited to complete it!

I’m pretty sure I’m not too far into the game, so if things changed drastically after EOS then I will ammend my thoughts, but for now I do not regret playing it whatsoever :D
[/quote]

Its cool to like what you like vg. I like you for instance. Not so much mass effect tho.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that game seems in the middle of a constant price free fall from what I've seen in the deals thread. did they say how well it sold? seems like it tanked hard

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The only bad game I regret playing is Life Is Strange.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

I'm liking the combat quite a lot, the jump jets are so welcome!! I'm really intrigued by the story too. It's probably derivative of something else, but I'm not sure what so it's new to me and has grabbed me. I'm excited to complete it!

I'm pretty sure I'm not too far into the game, so if things changed drastically after EOS then I will ammend my thoughts, but for now I do not regret playing it whatsoever :D

Prepare to be geometrically more disappointed the further you get into Andromeda.

Manatee Cannon posted:

that game seems in the middle of a constant price free fall from what I've seen in the deals thread. did they say how well it sold? seems like it tanked hard

I haven't glanced at the numbers, but probably sold okay on launch day and then word of mouth killed it stone dead.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

EA pumped as much money as possible into super deluxe mega-hype pre-orders for Andromeda and then quickly scuttled all future DLC plans and Bioware Montreal altogether once word got out. Don't worry though, I'm sure they'll try again in five years once everybody's forgotten and we're all buying the $200 Elcor plushie edition of Mass Effect: Okay Soz Back in the Milky Way This Time (game not included).

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I want to play bloodborne again, now that I have a pro. the only reason I want to do it. is to experience it without framedrops on boost mode

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
For Bloodborne we should really call it Beast Mode

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Sefal posted:

I want to play bloodborne again, now that I have a pro. the only reason I want to do it. is to experience it without framedrops on boost mode

Unfortunately the boost mode enhancements for Bloodborne aren't as great as you'd expect. You do get fewer framedrops, but there's still that juddery kind of motion that comes from BB's uneven frame timing. It's better than nothing but it's nothing omega hype wowsers special.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
My GOAT is Hohokum.

Thanks for reading.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo the Bloodborne frame rate skipping is even more noticeable on the pro than OG PS4.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Everytime people talk about BB frame skipping, I try and recall if I've ever seen it and I just flat out don't.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

rotaryfun posted:

Everytime people talk about BB frame skipping, I try and recall if I've ever seen it and I just flat out don't.

It's very noticeable if you also play a lot of 60fps+ games on PC, or switch to BB from a game with really smooth timing, like Horizon. If you don't see it then all the more power to you, but it's pretty egregious if you split your game time between consoles and PC.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

JBP posted:

The only bad game I regret playing is Life Is Strange.

You've never played it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

rotaryfun posted:

It never bothered me until I tried it in boost mode, but in boost mode it jumps all over the place and it's super noticeable.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Dragon's Dogma is as captivating as ever. Everything about movement and combat feels so good and it overwhelms all the other awful gameplay decisions.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah the first couple of hours kind of suck and for a minute I was like "why did I buy this again" and the next thing I knew I was like 4 hours deep and an hour past bedtime. Then I lost that hour because it barely autosaves lol. Fun game though.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

exquisite tea posted:

It's very noticeable if you also play a lot of 60fps+ games on PC, or switch to BB from a game with really smooth timing, like Horizon. If you don't see it then all the more power to you, but it's pretty egregious if you split your game time between consoles and PC.

Oh no! :ohdear:

Was going to start another BB play through after I finish up Horizon.... Hope I can stay blinded to it!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
You'll barely notice it during fights, so it didn't bother me all that much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've literally never noticed it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I tried VR for the first time with the Spider-man vr demo thing. It's neat but I'd never pick it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

VideoGames posted:

The game isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. In comparison to ME1 and ME2 and the assumption that it would have to be better than ME3, it's obviously a disappointment. I still got like 80+ hours of entertainment out of it.