Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pennsylvania keeps loving with people my company certifies to run cranes, because they based their state license requirements on the requirements our main competitor uses. We have a deal with them for validity, but it requires operators to take an additional practical exam and we need to provide documentation in a specified format for them to get approved for a license (the Board has a nasty habit of "losing" our documentation).

To make matters worse, it seems like every year or two they get a new guy on the Board who doesn't know about how our certification works in PA and declares it invalid, and everyone refuses to reverse the decision and stop rejecting our candidates until they can hold an official Board meeting and determine that they acted in error (which may suddenly be rescheduled by several months due to concerns like local weather).

And then when they declare us valid again, they make everyone they rejected reapply before they can get their license because they exceeded the time limit for a legal appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

chitoryu12 posted:

Pennsylvania keeps loving with people my company certifies to run cranes, because they based their state license requirements on the requirements our main competitor uses. We have a deal with them for validity, but it requires operators to take an additional practical exam and we need to provide documentation in a specified format for them to get approved for a license (the Board has a nasty habit of "losing" our documentation).

To make matters worse, it seems like every year or two they get a new guy on the Board who doesn't know about how our certification works in PA and declares it invalid, and everyone refuses to reverse the decision and stop rejecting our candidates until they can hold an official Board meeting and determine that they acted in error (which may suddenly be rescheduled by several months due to concerns like local weather).

And then when they declare us valid again, they make everyone they rejected reapply before they can get their license because they exceeded the time limit for a legal appeal.

You need lobbyists.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Platystemon posted:

You need lobbyists.

We need them in West Virginia more than anything (we do have one, but he's not doing much). They actually wrote one of the 4 certification companies in the country directly into state law, effectively granting them a state monopoly.

It's obviously unenforceable and we all do business there anyway, but you always get a company that rejects anyone else because they're "not legal".

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

PA bureaucracy is insane. When I was applying for a massage license a new person had become head of the board and she had crazy changes done to what was required on the application once she became in charge. I had everything necessary but they couldn't tell me or my school or the place I got certified at what I was missing until weeks after I had submitted the form and got a reply. I missed months I could have been working because of their bullshit. I probably resubmitted the same goddamn form with very minor changes about 7 times before it was accepted

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Aesop Poprock posted:

We're adorably quirky!

Isn't that in New Mexico?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Isn't that in New Mexico?

SA seems to have a weirdly large percentage of PA posters so whatever that translates into in terms of humans

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 02:49 on Oct 4, 2017

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Cream cheese, cheese steaks, and dead gay forum posters.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
PA liquor laws are retarded but they did loosen up a little bit. Most grocery stores have a beer and wine section now. I know at least one Rutter's that has a beer cooler now. Speaking of Rutter's, they're another local to the PA area gas station chain with the touch screen menus. I actually prefer their food to Sheetz or Wawa. Any other locals know about Rutter's food?

Nice thing about PA is the pretty relaxed gun laws, if you're into that sort of thing. It's easy as hell to get a concealed carry permit but open carry is totally legal anyway, so you can go all cowboy and hang that iron from your hip.

Grumbletron 4000 has a new favorite as of 04:30 on Oct 5, 2017

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Yes, PA is very country-trashy..

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

SpacePig posted:

Also, the delineation between Sheetz people and Wawa people is almost literally where county lines are drawn. There are a few Wawas past the western borders of Delaware, Bucks and Montgomery counties, but there's literally no Sheetz to the east of those same lines, to the point of having literally no presence in New Jersey.

Sheetz:

Wawa:

Ha, I was just talking to a co-worker today about this phenomenon in Virginia. There's a road outside Richmond where it's a Wawa, then next door over a Sheetz, and that is most definitely the dividing point. I like to think the employees sit there and glare at each other from their respective parking lots.

I like 'em both, but the eastern VA gal in me has gotta side with the Wa. Now that I live in the western part of the state, though, getting used to Sheetz. :/ (gotta admit the fries I got today were p loving good)

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yes, PA is very country-trashy..

Not all of it is country, just most of it. It's all trashy though. We wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm gonna continue the PA bullshit derail with a topical thing. We got Maple Donuts here. They loving rock and if you think Dunkin or Krispy is good you don't know poo poo. Fresh awesome sugary lumps of dough served by the grumpiest elderly bitches ever. Their latest billboards might be in poor taste though...

I personally don't give a poo poo but I imagine some people would have an issue with making light of a convicted felon and alleged murderer being released from prison. Bonus Sheetz in the background too :haw:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Not all of it is country, just most of it. It's all trashy though. We wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm gonna continue the PA bullshit derail with a topical thing. We got Maple Donuts here. They loving rock and if you think Dunkin or Krispy is good you don't know poo poo. Fresh awesome sugary lumps of dough served by the grumpiest elderly bitches ever. Their latest billboards might be in poor taste though...

I personally don't give a poo poo but I imagine some people would have an issue with making light of a convicted felon and alleged murderer being released from prison. Bonus Sheetz in the background too :haw:

Maple Donuts are absolutely incredible but what in the Sam gently caress, maple donuts :psyduck: you just know some dude in his 70s-80s forced this through thinking it was timely and also gently caress everyone who doesn't like murderer/racism jokes

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 06:16 on Oct 5, 2017

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice
They must have thought they had a winner cause those billboards went up awhile ago. Only a few days after OJ got paroled. I haven't seen any of those signs around lately. If they got any flak about them it wasn't in the news.

Regardless, I stand by their donuts. A Maple Donuts apple fritter is ambrosia.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Dropbox has been losing market share to competitors who are beating their asses on storage space per dollar, so instead of pricing their service competitively in the market they practically invented they shat in their hands, rubbed it in their hair, and decided they were artists.

https://dropbox.design/

:stonk:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Looks like a web 2.0 thing from 10 years ago. Hey have you checked out this crazy news aggregate site called Digg?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Trig Discipline posted:

Dropbox has been losing market share to competitors who are beating their asses on storage space per dollar, so instead of pricing their service competitively in the market they practically invented they shat in their hands, rubbed it in their hair, and decided they were artists.

Wow this is magnificently hideous. I thought I'd seen it get as bad as it could be when the Grotesk font samples started dancing but then later millennial pink is paired with cobalt blue and baby-poo poo brown what the gently caress did we ever do to Dropbox to make them want to punish our eyes like this.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

what the gently caress did we ever do to Dropbox to make them want to punish our eyes like this.

Switched to Google Drive

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Dear loving lord it's the perfect reminder of graphic design from the early 90s as it was getting out of its 80s phase.

And yeah with Google drive offering 15gb for free I can see why they're trying to look fancy before their IPO.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I love Dropbox more than any man reasonably should, but I still opted for 2tb of iCloud storage.

If Dropbox would let me just buy 100gb I'd probably pay them for quick short term storage and documents. Their pricing structure is too simplistic.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

"Hey, what do you think of when you think of riding cars?"

"Bonnie and Clyde. You said dying in cars, right?"

"Yeah, whatever, I got to get back to my pitch meeting."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2y2veknjds

Finally, a car to get machine-gunned to death in!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hey now, it's also got a Thelma and Louise nod. A car to drive off the Grand Canyon in!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Finally, a car to get machine-gunned to death in!

I mean, this isn't really too far out of the question in modern America.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I like when you go to that dropbox site you're greating with a LOADING... animation. Because making it seem like all your graphical ugliness is so intensive it chokes your connection for a few seconds is brilliant.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Trig Discipline posted:

My eyes... my eyes are bleeding!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Trig Discipline posted:

More like Drop-dropbox amirite?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh, so THAT's why the whole thing suddenly won't load in Palemoon. Kinda glad I wasn't able to see it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Aesop Poprock posted:

Maple Donuts are absolutely incredible but what in the Sam gently caress, maple donuts :psyduck: you just know some dude in his 70s-80s forced this through thinking it was timely and also gently caress everyone who doesn't like murderer/racism jokes

It's funny. Get the stick out of your rear end.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/aboynamedposh/status/915603924798844932

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The annoying thing of course is the drinks name and creation predates the military force by a good 30 years ais a reference to dogs fur coats, and coined by americans so thanks a lot UK for loving up a good rear end drink name.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Maroon 5 album out soon!

https://twitter.com/maroon5/status/915577321632886784

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

I am so glad to be less out of touch than Maroon 5.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

As an Irish person the only way this could be more offensive is if it was almond-flavored.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

I am so glad to be less out of touch than Maroon 5.

Is it possible that they're getting in on the redpill/MRA/alt-right/pepe-bashing scene?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Inspector Gesicht posted:

As an Irish person the only way this could be more offensive is if it was almond-flavored.

What do almonds have to do with anything?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Aztec posted:

What do almonds have to do with anything?

Vaguely potato shaped?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

They taste like poo poo, that's why.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

walrusman posted:

Is it possible that they're getting in on the redpill/MRA/alt-right/pepe-bashing scene?

If they are, they're even more out of touch than I thought when posting the previous statement.

Edit: Maroon 5 is tapping the same demo Kenny G went for in the eighties

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Grassy Knowles posted:

Maroon 5 is tapping the same demo Kenny G went for in the eighties

Dentists?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Sadists with newer magazines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Johnny Foreigner here, are you telling me the Brits used cyanide or related weapons in Ireland? :stare: