Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wait until you get to Florida :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ive been using the phrase "making landfall in Florida"

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Speaking of..... there's another hurricane coming, into the Gulf this time, should be here by Sat :smithicide:

Is your pop up hurricane rated?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Speaking of..... there's another hurricane coming, into the Gulf this time, should be here by Sat :smithicide:

It'll be a miracle if it hits Cat 1 before making landfall, and it won't be anywhere near Nebraska.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If he brings the camper to FL it's gonna need to be hurricane ready :colbert:

Also local forecasters are saying it's too early to forecast how strong this one is going to be, and the Gulf is plenty warm enough to make it much stronger than a cat 1. In a few days we'll have a better idea, but I hope you're right.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

All campers are hurricane ready, in that they allow you to get in your car and drive away from the loving hurricane, even if you don't have hotel reservations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Meh.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Guidance this far out is next to worthless. Check it in three days and we'll see what's up.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

pretty much, it's seems nobody learns anything from these storms anymore.

Irma was supposed to be a cat 4 when it hit Tampa right up until the day before it hit and was downgraded to a cat 1.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes, except "supposed to be" was actually "was projected to be as high as, possibly, depending heavily on track" but everyone interprets "there's a chance it could be this bad" as "it will definitely be this bad," constantly, because people are stupid.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well I can tell you the weather channel had me making GBS threads my pants the day before it hit us. Shoulda known after all the storms I've been through here that it never goes as planned but the doom and gloom got to be a bit much. It's kind of hard to explain to people that haven't been through it, but basically you can't loving predict an unpredictable storm so you just prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Yes long term guidance has a lot of variability in it. I know this.

It doesn't matter though, Valentine is 750 miles north west of the furthest western track of the storm. It's a non-issue.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
THE CAMPER HAS A WORKING THERMOSTAT AND FURNACE

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

Nice! Did you have to fix the wiring or did you just not know until you had propane?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

`Nemesis posted:

It doesn't matter though, Valentine is 750 miles north west of the furthest western track of the storm. It's a non-issue.

Who said anything about it being a threat to Valentine lol.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

my kinda ape posted:

Nice! Did you have to fix the wiring or did you just not know until you had propane?

Just needed propane for my propane accessory

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well I can tell you the weather channel had me making GBS threads my pants the day before it hit us. Shoulda known after all the storms I've been through here that it never goes as planned but the doom and gloom got to be a bit much. It's kind of hard to explain to people that haven't been through it, but basically you can't loving predict an unpredictable storm so you just prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Yeah the problem is tons of people just flat out ignore reasonable, balanced warnings, so you have to scare people into action. And then when the less-likely-but-still-possible worst case scenario doesn't play out, people call it a nothing burger and next time there's a dangerous storm coming even more people refuse to act.

Who said anything about it being a threat to Valentine lol.

These two sentences were taken as being directly related even though actually you were just idly noting your own hurricane doom, and then wondering aside from this specific hurricane whether or not the pop-up was hurricane related, but you see, someone could read this and think you thought the hurricane was going to Valentine:

ANYWAY

DICK DICER posted:

Does this mean running hot water in the sink, too? Can you rig up a sponge bath or something?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Whore bath if you please

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I just got a big work bonus and my PFD (IE FREE ALASKA MONEYS), so he's got that propane shower from like 15 posts ago headed his way.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh man, that's super generous!

Have you ever taken a hot shower outdoors in freezing weather? It's amazing! Until you have to turn off the water and you are standing naked in the freezing cold, soaking wet.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Some people buy bottle service at the strip club, I get my voyeuristic action from this thread.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

standing naked in the freezing cold, soaking wet.

Sounds like a fun time at the morgue

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Dannywilson posted:

I just got a big work bonus and my PFD (IE FREE ALASKA MONEYS), so he's got that propane shower from like 15 posts ago headed his way.

I don't know if it's just me but I always have trouble getting those to trigger the igniter. Maybe the pump I use isn't high flow enough.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Sounds like it works all the way down to 2.5psi and Dick has a actual spigot hookup, so we'll see. Like I don't think it'd work with a gravity feed, but here's hoping.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's kickass

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Confirmed hot as gently caress external vent exhaust for the furnace

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Did anyone, or can someone buy dick a CO detector?

Just something about a sketchy old trailer's propane heater that gives me the willies. It probably leaks air like a sieve anyways, but I think it'd be a good idea.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

`Nemesis posted:

Did anyone, or can someone buy dick a CO detector?

We just talked about this, and the reason it blows hot exhaust to the outside is that it's sealed betweenst the flame portions and the radiator portions, but yeah, a battery powered CO detector is never a terrible idea.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Likewise that propane heater i linked is made four outdoor use only.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
At least the only gas I smell is definitely not propane

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also dad sent me some money so I invested it wisely

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 5, 2017

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Dannywilson posted:

That is awesome man thanks

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

DICK DICER posted:

At least the only gas I smell is definitely not propane

CO you won't smell, you will get some lovely side effects though. Those propane accessories will generate CO, if the combustion isn't right they'll generate a lot of it, and you don't need much to cause you trouble, 35ppm is enough to start feeling it.

Like others have said, get a battery powered one, or check if the camper has one built in, with a built in stove there's a chance it came with one from the factory (although they tend to have a life of 7-10 years, not sure how old that camper is)

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 5, 2017

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DICK DICER posted:

Also dad sent me some money so I invested it wisely

you animal

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Bajaha posted:

CO you won't smell, you will get some lovely side effects though. Those propane accessories will generate CO, if the combustion isn't right they'll generate a lot of it, and you don't need much to cause you trouble, 35ppm is enough to start feeling it

It's a fart joke

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Bajaha posted:

not sure how old that camper is

I think it's mid to late 80s?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I think it's mid to late 80s?

In that case I think you're expected to just die quietly.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Sent you a paypal for 35 buy some pizza or cigarettes or booze or inner tubes or whatever. Sorry it wasn't sooner, been balls deep into my overdraft for like 2 months.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Does Valentine have a dial-a-bottle service?

I tried googling for one, and ultimately the search ""valentine, nebraska" + "dial a bottle"" lead to... uh... something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
So what is the gamma radiation range in air?

• Locked thread