Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I still remember that even pre-TGT stuff with his brother, the Micah Rat clip with the wizard who said "I don't poop, I'm a video game" was pretty drat funny.

Better times. Something broke along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's like this is all leading up to some great big new-fangled Special Edition version of the :fut: panel

Only if this stuff is anything to go by it'll be a single small square 1/3 down the page

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

wait so is the guy who made the original comics still making them? or is this some goon project copying them?? whats going on

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Micah Rat is legit better than TGT in every way. I mean its loving rough to watch sometimes because its just screaming, it it feels even more outsider arty and weird.

The only thing that ever got as funny as some of the stuff in Micah Rat was the cannon scene, which is just one of the funniest things to be put on page.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

wait so is the guy who made the original comics still making them? or is this some goon project copying them?? whats going on

It's still the same guy. But he's gotten older and watched The Wire or something and now everything sucks.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Lurdiak posted:

It's still the same guy. But he's gotten older and watched The Wire or something and now everything sucks.

I would say game of thrones is more likely because more rape and everyone was comparing it to that for a while

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Data Graham posted:

It's like this is all leading up to some great big new-fangled Special Edition version of the :fut: panel

Only if this stuff is anything to go by it'll be a single small square 1/3 down the page
Yeah, that already happend on page 4:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Lazerbot has a brother that is going to be a father

I have nothing to add, I just wanted to put that into words

Here's hoping a tiny living human will one day call him "Uncle Lazy."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

HBar posted:

Yeah, that already happend on page 4:

Ah poo poo. I thought it might have but I couldn't work up the enthusiasm to go back and check.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Maybe this thread should be goldmined before it ungolds from all tthe shittiness.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

FunMerrania posted:

...I don't know what to
think anymore..

Please support our Patreon

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
In the long history of this thread, of 'outsider webcomics', some people recommend another weird webcomic that actually has pretty good fight scenes, with the Doctor (from Doctor Who) being one of the characters, or a copyright-free copy of one. I remember a fight scene being the use of an invisibility cloak, but it actually follows the physics of invisibility and have the cloak-user not being able to see anything either. Anyone remember what this webcomic is? The art is similary 'odd', like early TGT.

edit: It was Hitmen for Destiny.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 27, 2017

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Hitmen for Destiny is legitimately fantastic. You don't notice the art is poo poo after about 15 pages or so.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Thorsby rules. After Hitmen for Destiny he did:
The Accidental Space Spy
Lies, Sisters and Wives (this one is just a short 35-page farce)
Transdimensional Brain Chip
and his current series is Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Lurdiak posted:

It's still the same guy. But he's gotten older and watched The Wire Riverdale or something and now everything sucks.
fixed

Also, what's Micah Rat? I don't think I was around for that.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Honestly after realizing this is basically a sprite comic I'm kind of more invested in it than I was before. It's taking me to a pre-high school time, back when I used to binge hundreds of strips a day because I had nothing better to do. It's the natural progression of all those comics in being hand drawn and I can't look away.

I rediscovered one of those sprite comics I hadn't read in like a decade that was somehow still going on and spent a while binging it a few months ago to find the author using a villain as a stand-in for his father being disappointed in him and calling him a human being, prompting him to unlock his secret chaos mana powers and defeat him. Later on, Sonic went on to start dating Wendy Koopa while the jealous ex boyfriend Mario looked on, while yet again another former antagonist started forming a relationship with a character whose former partner he literally murdered in cold blood a thousand strips earlier. I can only hope this "polished" version hits those kinds of heights. It's the earnestness that really cements the insanity.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
The only strip comic I can still remember is Bob and George and I can still remember how furious I was the author didn't wanna adapt Megaman 8. Furious. Ah, the good old days.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

david_a posted:

fixed

Also, what's Micah Rat? I don't think I was around for that.

Ice stewflay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enkDBH9-_ZM

e: drat, all the videos after part 3 got taken down. VR adventure gone, Klan rally gone, the other stuff I don't even remember gone.
e2: Oh wait, the rest are on another channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EJzppKnta0

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Sep 27, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

toanoradian posted:

The only strip comic I can still remember is Bob and George and I can still remember how furious I was the author didn't wanna adapt Megaman 8. Furious. Ah, the good old days.

That comic really went off the loving rails.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Bee posted:

Yeah. Acting like LazyB is some misunderstood genius having his vision tainted is weird considering the weed party was presumably all him.

The weed party gave us

and

and a hollow cube of cheese the size of a small room in which was installed a gigantic bong

I am A-OK with the weed party

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Good point. The weed party finale, however, is a lot less easy to forgive.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The plot was going places during the weed party. Some of those places were not good, but still. After that you just had the endless fight scenes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"We got guns, homes." *picture of a knife*

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This comic used to be weird and good bad, now it's just bad bad.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

get real fool, lazerbot discovering riverdale would improve the comic
tails would become a jughead noir narrator

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
The problem with trying to improve something that's so bad it's good is that, should you succeed in making it better, it's no longer bad enough to be good and is just bad.

That said I still find this madness entertaining.

Lmao Tzu
Sep 11, 2014

This guy's a dumbass!!

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
dumbass will learn

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Remember the seven hot chicks at Walmart? Rasengan!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hmmm, this TGT Animated looks different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQw3qjEeIY

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you haven't read it Elmer Fudd vs Batman is fantastic and one of my favorite comics this year.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

New page, and this one is starting to return to the classic format. Now if they just get rid of the 1/2/3 icons it'd almost feel like we're back to normal.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Alright, kind of a return to form after all the cringeworthy teen drama.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Am I the only one who is bothered by the breach in continuity that the ant can say the N-word when it's a word of death? Maybe it's only when you use the hard "-er" ending.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This remake is overwhelmingly poo poo, but I'm happy to see the addition of Antz in the Tails Gets Trolled canon.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Okay I admit the new Pokemon generation thing made me laugh a bit

JazzFlight posted:

Am I the only one who is bothered by the breach in continuity that the ant can say the N-word when it's a word of death? Maybe it's only when you use the hard "-er" ending.

That's assuming the words of death are censored, but maybe they are simply partly similar to certain English words but with some incomprehensible or intranscribable sounds in the middle

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017

HBar posted:

New page, and this one is starting to return to the classic format. Now if they just get rid of the 1/2/3 icons it'd almost feel like we're back to normal.

lazerbot posted:

Due to our current situation, this page will not be finished until a later date.
Looks like it isn't "finished" until he adds the lines and the Patreon end card.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Looks like we got trolled again. :smithicide:

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

What's the "current situation?" The 49th broken laptop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Georgia Peach posted:

What's the "current situation?" The 49th broken laptop?

I'd think he must type with a sledgehammer if I wasn't so sure his "broken laptop" stuff wasn't complete bullshit. It's his go-to explanation for when he gets behind or doesn't feel like working on it.