Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Unfortunately I have to cite That Hashtag Show (barf!) for this, but there is an animate Ghostbusters movie in the works and

http://thathashtagshow.com/2017/10/ghostbuster-animated-movie-pov-ghost/

so it's a slasher film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

an animated found footage movie feels like it takes the fun out of the whole found footage idea

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

also sonic is now a paramount movie i guess

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sonic-hedgehog-movie-races-paramount-1044819

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Neo Rasa posted:

If it's done like a found footage movie from a ghost POV like "Oh man wtf are these weirdos doing OH MY GOD WHAT THIS IS SO DEPRAVED HOW COULD THEY TRAP THEM LIKE THIS MAN'S INHUMANITY TO GHOST" that would be awesome.
The movie should start before the person even died. We get to see how they lived, how they died, and how they are trying to deal with the existential dread of becoming a ghost. The ghostbusters shouldn't even show up in the film until the very end of the film, after the main character's arc has come to a satisfying conclusion. When they do, they just quickly capture them, make a fart joke, and the credits roll.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hope they use that deep Sonic lore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oco4WYRdaU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Animated would imply it is, or at least should be, building on the Ghostbusters cartoon legacy, which is its own interesting thing because the Ghostbusters in that weren't just supernatural pest control, they'd work with and help benign supernatural entities just as often. That was the show that made Slimer into a goofy sidekick and all. And had a baseball game between good and evil. It was really weird.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Casting news:

1) Well, Jared Leto will love method acting through this one. He's playing Hugh Hefner.

2) Kate Winslet re-teams with James Cameron in Avatar movies.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jared Leto IS Jared Fogle!
*Gains 150lbs and engages in pedophilia but like for work now :/

Coming to theaters this Christmas!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Has there ever been a biopic of a (known) pedophile?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Inescapable Duck posted:

I would be loving amazed if there hadn't been one on one of the various entertainment types that have been revealed post-death in Britain (obviously made before they were dead, monstrous pariahs).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I mean, a biopic of someone known to be a pedophile when it was made.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Inescapable Duck posted:

There's that Ted Bundy movie, but I'm not sure if it still counts as pedophilia if they're dead.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Vince MechMahon posted:

There's that Ted Bundy movie, but I'm not sure if it still counts as pedophilia if they're dead.

I'm reminded of a persistent theme in the rumours circling around Jimmy Saville, possibly involving his mother, and probably best left undwelt upon.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Vince MechMahon posted:

Brian Dennehy played John Wayne Gacy Jr. (March 17, 1942 – May 10, 1994) in To Catch a Killer (1992)

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Does Al Pachino as Joe Paterno count?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Wasn't there a movie with Johnny Depp as Trump?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Wasn't there a movie with Johnny Depp as Trump?

It's a Funny or Die short film and you can watch it on Netflix.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 4, 2017

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Malcolm McDowell once played a Russian pedophile/murderer in a deeply uncomfortable biopic that I couldn't finish.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The Execution of Gary Glitter isn't a biopic but is an interesting watch for a movie about a famous pedo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/lorenbouchard/status/915620087389863937

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I love Burger Bob, but that seems like an odd decision.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Probably pretty cheap and Bob's Burgers is family friendly enough it could attract a wider audience if there's no good kids movies out at the time, and the show capitalizes on 80s nostalgia of misfit kids going on adventures.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Inescapable Duck posted:

Has any one done a biopic of Roman Polanski?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

The full-fledged musical about fart jokes that we need.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Probably pretty cheap and Bob's Burgers is family friendly enough it could attract a wider audience if there's no good kids movies out at the time, and the show capitalizes on 80s nostalgia of misfit kids going on adventures.

I get it from a storytelling potential, just not a financial potential. I have a hard time gauging how popular the show is but I have a bad feeling the film would get buried because no one knows what it is.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

BexGu posted:

this will happen 10 years after his death and it will either be a complete hatchet job of whatever is left of his reputation at that point or a disgusting hagiography that paints him as a victim of circumstance who paid his price for his crime (which, remember, was raping a 14 year old after giving her drugs). I have no faith that it would be anything in between.

When he was arrested in Zurich a bunch of celebrities signed a petition demanding his immediate release. A bunch of really influential directors were on there, guys like Scorcese, Wong Kai War, Inarritu, David Lynch, Almodovar, Michael Mann, Stephen Frears, Harmony Korine, and of course Woody Allen. I'm leaning towards it being an incredibly disgusting hagiography because you know his estate is going to keep incredibly close watch over his reputation. You know, unless the other women who have started to come out and say similar things about him get some attention.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Polanski continued his pedo antics in Switzerland but their consent laws are stupidly loose if memory serves.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So is this Victoria and Abdul movie as tone deaf and whitewashed as the commercials make it out to be? Because it looks like a commercial for how great Victoria and by extension the British Raj was.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The first trailer I saw gave me an impression that it was about how square everyone in Britain was and Victoria found a brown Muslim guy she can hang out and be chill with.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Review i saw said it mostly focused on her, but didnt degrade Abdul, just didnt do much with his character

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

BexGu posted:

There was that lovely documentary that tried to make Polanski look like the victim.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

IShallRiseAgain posted:

There was that lovely documentary that tried to make Polanski look like the victim.
She drugged herself and took her pants off! WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Casimir Radon posted:

She drugged herself and took her pants off! WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?!

Take her to the #6 dance

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Shneak posted:

The full-fledged musical about fart jokes that we need.
Did you not see the South Park movie

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Vegetable posted:

Did you not see the South Park movie

uh, that was a musical about a musical about fart jokes, thank you very much.

I love Bob's Burgers and haven't watched South Park in years and years but they will have to work very, very hard to make a better musical/movie than Bigger, Longer and Uncut. That's probably the highlight of South Park's 20 years of existence.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Inescapable Duck posted:

Will I get banned if I say Gandhi, hypothetically?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Blade Runner isnt a biopic but the main character loves a two year old

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

got any sevens posted:

What is worse: loving a two year old adult or a thousand year old in a teenager's body?

Don't answer that question. Especially you, Japan.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Ask the same question in ADTRW and see how the responses differ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

got any sevens posted:

I always found the short life span of the Replicants an odd idea - you spend a lot of money and effort to make them nearly indistinguishable from humans, including fake photographs and mementos, memories and fear, only to throw it all away after a lifespan that's shorter than that of my current PC. Maybe the new movie goes deeper into the whole thing.

• Locked thread