Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

Thats still a 5* Thrawn, which is good. The "only" thing you "need" him 7*'d for is 7* R2D2 (and raids...)

And, to be fair, you don't really "need" him for 7* R2D2, if you have other 7* Empire folks.

...right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

And, to be fair, you don't really "need" him for 7* R2D2, if you have other 7* Empire folks.

...right?

Correct.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

thrawn527 posted:

...right?

Yeah you just need 5 empire dudes at 7*, but if you are able to get thrawn at 7* that is a powerful 7* dude for very little work (during the actual event), hence the quotation marks.

Uuurgh i am sick of the GW lottery. I don't have the roster yet to get hosed over by G12 teams but occationally i get nigh unbeatable teams due to the team composition. My node 11 today is DN lead, with palpie, sith trooper, vader and zariss. I have tried multiple times with all 3 of my GW teams now and not bee able to kill a single dude yet.
There is also something fishy i notice time and time again (not just today), such as even though my DN gets 5 cooldowns increased with his AOE and the enemy DN doesn't even use that skill the enemy DN gets off an instakill in round 3, before my DN can. And GL8 Vader oneshots my GL9 Baze with his saber throw, despite Baze not having debuffs.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 4, 2017

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I currently have Vader, Palps, Royal Guard, and Tarkin all at 7*, and was originally going to with Veers as my 5th, but I pulled like 3 Snowtroopers out of Bronzium so he pulled ahead of Veers, so he will be my 5th 7* until I can get Thrawn to 7* sometime in mid-2018.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I just started like a month ago, so I'm not going to get Thrawn this time. I've got Zeb at 7, Kanaan at 65/100, Her just hit 5, and Sabine at 3*. Oh well. They've been treating me well in GW, and at least I'll be ready when Thrawn comes back in 6 months.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

wisdomHNOX posted:

I just started like a month ago, so I'm not going to get Thrawn this time. I've got Zeb at 7, Kanaan at 65/100, Her just hit 5, and Sabine at 3*. Oh well. They've been treating me well in GW, and at least I'll be ready when Thrawn comes back in 6 months.

For a month in, you're doing just fine.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I focused Phoenix super hard from the minute I could farm them back in May. 7* Thrawn here we come :salute: I'm also 4 FOST shards from 6* BB8

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
I just realized that while getting Thrawn at 7* this time around is going to be hard, but definitely doable, i'm going to have a Grand Manouver P3 HAAT team in 2 weeks (shoretrooper is at 85/100). Don't think I'll solo the phase with the mods at my disposal, but a cool 30% is possible. Time to get that #1 spot in HAAT!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Mister Blueberry posted:

I just realized that while getting Thrawn at 7* this time around is going to be hard, but definitely doable, i'm going to have a Grand Manouver P3 HAAT team in 2 weeks (shoretrooper is at 85/100). Don't think I'll solo the phase with the mods at my disposal, but a cool 30% is possible. Time to get that #1 spot in HAAT!

If you can get 30% you can get 100%.

The only gear/mods factor is getting Shoretrooper to 35k+ health (not health+protection) and getting his speed to line up with the main cannon (this isn't a straight case of faster is better - 145 is the lowest magic number and easily manageable. I run just under 200).

After that, it's purely a question of your patience to keep the run going because oh holy hell does it take forever, and with bad mods, obviously, it'll take even longer.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Thrawn's getting a capital ship, so getting him at all seems like it's pretty important.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

We were all wrong...

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons, I'm proposing a change to our procedures for the tank raid. We're getting it done pretty quickly, so my suggestion is that that we start treating it the same as the rancor: 24 hour damage hold (no more p1 on start), and then free for all once the 24 hours is up. This change does not apply to the tank raid being started tonight.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

...right?

correct he isn't essential, and I certainly didn't use thrawn to unlock my R2.

edit:

in other news, I somehow broke my GW node 12 today and I'm not sure how I managed it.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 5, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Something Maulful goons, I'm proposing a change to our procedures for the tank raid. We're getting it done pretty quickly, so my suggestion is that that we start treating it the same as the rancor: 24 hour damage hold (no more p1 on start), and then free for all once the 24 hours is up. This change does not apply to the tank raid being started tonight.

I second.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Hey Goons. I'm gonna take a break from the game for a couple months after the Thrawn event. Getting burnt out.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Ugh, I just started seriously working on Phoenix. Got two at 4 stars, and the rest at 3. Like one more week and I could've made 5 stars at least...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

There is going to be an event for each capital ship. I wonder what the requirements will be.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Well, they require level 80 at the very least, which counts me out.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Chilichimp posted:

edit:

in other news, I somehow broke my GW node 12 today and I'm not sure how I managed it.

Did you G12 or 7* someone new on your arena team? I finally 7*ed Baze yesterday and immediately G12ed him, did my arena battles, then did GWs for guild day and broke node 11

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Hockles posted:

There is going to be an event for each capital ship. I wonder what the requirements will be.

Identical ship requirements requirements to their respective 6* challenge, except you need to bring a 6* Cap ship instead of the 5* one you brought to the challenge

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

edit:

What is the power of your 5 most powerful toons combined? I think GW node is seeded on that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oops wrong forum posted:

Did you G12 or 7* someone new on your arena team? I finally 7*ed Baze yesterday and immediately G12ed him, did my arena battles, then did GWs for guild day and broke node 11

Yeah, R2 got G12 on sunday, I think.

Mister Blueberry posted:

What is the power of your 5 most powerful toons combined? I think GW node is seeded on that.

It is, but old power, so it's had to give you those figures.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Everyone have thier Phoenix ships starred up for the Thrawn event?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

UmOk posted:

I don't think I have a single shard. Cool.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I'm trying hard not to judge anyone who wants to whale out in this game, but I could think of a lot better ways to spend $100 than a 3 Star Phoenix squad.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

I've had mine sitting at 5* for a while while I finished rex/bistan/poe.

We had no indication or warning that this was coming. I can't BELIEVE they just added the Chimera, which is just another loving star destroyer with no reskin on the visible areas of the ship. Once again, CG fails to give their players adequate time to prepare for a new legendary event, so the people who get this new OP is based on luck or money.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I've had mine sitting at 5* for a while while I finished rex/bistan/poe.

We had no indication or warning that this was coming. I can't BELIEVE they just added the Chimera, which is just another loving star destroyer with no reskin on the visible areas of the ship. Once again, CG fails to give their players adequate time to prepare for a new legendary event, so the people who get this new OP is based on luck or money.

It's mostly based on money to be honest because why the gently caress not. Just look at the value of those packs they just released, be it ships or phoenix. 75$ for some ship shards thay you need another 6 months to 7 star if you concentrate solely on them.
And people still buy these packs because it's Star Wars, and it's catered to an older audience that can just whale it out.

I'm not saying I'm done with the game, but the p2w is getting out of hand these last few months

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I was already salty I won't be getting BB-8 which means I'll probably miss out on whatever TLJ character they come out with, and this certainly isn't helping matters.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Breaking node 12 is somehow related to who you send. I've broken and unbroken mine repeatedly over the last week trying different approaches. Mal has done the same thing with node 11.

The best advice I can offer for breaking 12 is to send your best 5 toons at the first 3 nodes. Ignore zeta effect on power if you can (all my top guys are zetaed so its kind of moot for me). That method seems to work, and also seems to persist even if you go back to sending weak teams at the 1st few nodes the next day.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

fishtobaskets posted:

Breaking node 12 is somehow related to who you send. I've broken and unbroken mine repeatedly over the last week trying different approaches. Mal has done the same thing with node 11.

The best advice I can offer for breaking 12 is to send your best 5 toons at the first 3 nodes. Ignore zeta effect on power if you can (all my top guys are zetaed so its kind of moot for me). That method seems to work, and also seems to persist even if you go back to sending weak teams at the 1st few nodes the next day.

What is node 12? I didn't think there was anything past node 9 with full G12 CLS R-2 Thrawn squads.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I've been having good luck in GW the opposite way. I have a phoenix team that's roughly 18k power weaker than my best team and a dark side team thats roughly 15k weaker than my best team.

I go through as much GW as I can with low powered teams to the point where occasionally node 9 wont even be all lvl 85 dudes. Then I usually have to pick my a or b team to clean up nodes 10 and 11. Sometimes i get garbage node 12s, sometimes it's the usual BS, but if nothing else getting 10 to 11 nodes down with little effort is worth it to me.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah you can do well sending the weakest team possible at each node, but what I'm talking about is how you go about making the last gw node (node 12), all gimpy green geared lvl 40 dudes.

Once you break node 12 once, it has a tendency to stay broken until you alter your gw squads significantly. Mine was broken for months after I maxxed out resistance, then unbroke with gear level 12. I rebroke it with the 5 best toons approach, and it stayed broken until I moved my arena mods off of resistance.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Credit Heist, first time it is around after i am level 80 so my first attempt at the top tier one.

First try, with, STH GL9 (L), Bobba GL8, Lando GL7, CLChewie GL6 and VetSolo GL5 and i got the final cop to 10%. Tried a few more times and didn't get as close so i decided to throw some money at the problem and started leveling my dudes and upgrading their gear.
5 million credits and a GL8 Land, GL8 CLChewie and GL8 VetSolo later and virtually all my gear pieces used and i still cannot beat the event. FML.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

waah posted:

I've been having good luck in GW the opposite way. I have a phoenix team that's roughly 18k power weaker than my best team and a dark side team thats roughly 15k weaker than my best team.

I go through as much GW as I can with low powered teams to the point where occasionally node 9 wont even be all lvl 85 dudes. Then I usually have to pick my a or b team to clean up nodes 10 and 11. Sometimes i get garbage node 12s, sometimes it's the usual BS, but if nothing else getting 10 to 11 nodes down with little effort is worth it to me.

I'm a big fan of Phoenix right now. Mine is largely G8 and 6-7* and I can use them up to node 9 right now and I don't usually run into impossible nodes 11 and 12.

Worse case scenario, I try to send in a team on 11 or 12 that will force the AI to use up their best specials on the first round in order to wipe my team and then I send a better team in. The key is to use a team that isn't so underpowered that they get wiped with basic attacks and to not survive beyond the first volley or so from the opponent.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ineptitude posted:

Credit Heist, first time it is around after i am level 80 so my first attempt at the top tier one.

First try, with, STH GL9 (L), Bobba GL8, Lando GL7, CLChewie GL6 and VetSolo GL5 and i got the final cop to 10%. Tried a few more times and didn't get as close so i decided to throw some money at the problem and started leveling my dudes and upgrading their gear.
5 million credits and a GL8 Land, GL8 CLChewie and GL8 VetSolo later and virtually all my gear pieces used and i still cannot beat the event. FML.

How close are you to raid han? Also getting boba to g9 should be enough

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE :argh:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Let Boba or Lando lead:

P1 open with STH taunt, save chewies taunt, burn down 1 at a time
P2 taunt with Chewie, save STH, burn down weak ones first then big one
P3 Open with STH taunt

Get gear levels on Lando and mod him with crit and crit damage and this will go alot easier.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

RC Cola posted:

Yeah, getting Boba to a good gear level is what did it for me. He'd occasionally die several times on the last phase, and it wouldn't matter because I could kill someone else with his missile and get the revive back. The only way I lose on it now is if they stun lock Boba.

Raid Han REALLY helps, too. Stun the strongest cop, pick off everyone else. STH taunt to keep them from stunning Boba, also.

Oh, also, the lead cop on P2 is incredibly slow, so save him for last, taking out the other speedy ones first.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

RC Cola posted:

80/145 on RaidHan. Rancor is not at a great time for me (i usually forget dmg cap is lifted) so i normally get 2 shards.
Ill try to get Bobba to GL9!

EDIT: managed to clear the heist, yay!

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Mister Blueberry posted:

It's mostly based on money to be honest because why the gently caress not. Just look at the value of those packs they just released, be it ships or phoenix. 75$ for some ship shards thay you need another 6 months to 7 star if you concentrate solely on them.
And people still buy these packs because it's Star Wars, and it's catered to an older audience that can just whale it out.

I'm not saying I'm done with the game, but the p2w is getting out of hand these last few months

The Phoenix pack isn't a bad value if you're looking at it from a shards = crystals standpoint. The ship pack is hot garbage though. Phoenix has 16,500 crystals worth of shards alone in it, and while it takes more shards past 4-star, that doesn't diminish the value of the shards.

The reinforcement pack is laughable though. A lot of the value in bundles is that you can use the ships out of the gate, and the command shuttle and falcon don't even unlock with purchase.

The value of $100 not spent on a mobile game is left as an exercise for the reader.