Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I actually didn't even notice the parallel until about ten minutes ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Outrail posted:

The more I read this thread the more I'm happy with my decision to slowly isolate myself physically and emotionally from the world.

I literally just started seeing a woman last week. Armed with this thread, it’s going well and I may get to touch a boob soon.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Your bobs very big I'm kiss your bobs

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I literally just started seeing a woman last week. Armed with this thread, it’s going well and I may get to touch a boob soon.

Open the relationship.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

Well, one slight difference.

UPDATE (Happy!!) - I [24f] am unclear on how to proceed with disabled classmate [25m] who keeps to himself

yeah. slight difference.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Well he's also not a piece of garbage like Hugh was

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Yeah, the key difference seems to be with Wheels-1610.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Obviously my last one wasn't well-received, but maybe this will help.

It's not that it wasn't well-received, it's exactly the sort of train wreck that's catnip to thread readers. It's that you found a unicorn: the r/relationships post where "you should just kill yourself" should be the consensus answer. I'm probably not the only person who typed ":murder: yourself" into a reply and then didn't post it.

But then there's a nice find of a success story to complement the original, like the right cheese with the right whine.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Miserable Maid posted:

Well he's also not a piece of garbage like Hugh was

Hugh's depressed and didn't know how to handle me (no one does); that would have been a tall order for anyone and was grossly unfair to him. He is a good guy and someday he will be happy (with someone else).

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

mllaneza posted:

It's not that it wasn't well-received, it's exactly the sort of train wreck that's catnip to thread readers. It's that you found a unicorn: the r/relationships post where "you should just kill yourself" should be the consensus answer. I'm probably not the only person who typed ":murder: yourself" into a reply and then didn't post it.

But then there's a nice find of a success story to complement the original, like the right cheese with the right whine.

I had a much longer post when the forums went down, so out of phone posting and laziness, I'll just do the outline.

1. I got the reaction I expected and wanted, and my little preamble was just part of the presentation.

2. The long screed was about how I don't really blame the OP that much. A horrible situation for anyone, especially for a child. Especially for a child who watched his father figure try and kill his mother. He didn't have the tools, and so he shut down. He escaped into video games and denial and his mother suffered for it, but it should never have been his burden to bear. He's never going to get over this. Even with years of therapy there is going to be a part of him that blames himself.

With that story I always come back to one person, and that's the dad that tried to drown her. If there's a villain in this story that isn't the disease or God, it's him.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Pick posted:

Hugh's depressed and didn't know how to handle me

On the contrary, he successfully hid under a truck, and later got the gently caress out of your life.

Gold star for Hugh.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

With that story I always come back to one person, and that's the dad that tried to drown her. If there's a villain in this story that isn't the disease or God, it's him.

Dad did one bad thing. OP watched Mom decay and put her into a home over an extended period of time. He should probably have put her into a good care facility way before he dumped her with the lowest bidder, but even by the low standards of family-based caretakers this guy rates out at 'next-best thing to malicious'. Sure, dad sucks and the ideal outcome is a son-dad murder-suicide, but getting just one of them off the planet is a net gain.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I sincerely doubt that dad did one bad thing.

Kid was dumped in a situation he had didn't have the tools to deal with and tragedy resulted.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
I can't believe a young teenager forced to care for his slowly rotting corpse of a mother didn't do everything correctly!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
OP was probably depressed as hell and shutting himself away in MMOs in a desperate attempt to cope. Even if he did try to help, he was a teenager. Not really equipped to take care of a slowly dying parent.

Where the gently caress were all the adults in that story? Did his mom not have any relatives or friends to pitch in a little? It shouldn't have fallen on a goddamned sixteen year old to be a fulltime caretaker for his mom.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

scum of the earth posted:

The other day I was taking the train into manhattan and when I do this, sometimes I bring a walking stick so people will let me sit down.

Wow. just...

die

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Haifisch posted:

OP was probably depressed as hell and shutting himself away in MMOs in a desperate attempt to cope. Even if he did try to help, he was a teenager. Not really equipped to take care of a slowly dying parent.

Where the gently caress were all the adults in that story? Did his mom not have any relatives or friends to pitch in a little? It shouldn't have fallen on a goddamned sixteen year old to be a fulltime caretaker for his mom.

Adults can and will go 'You're a man now, you should be able to deal with all your problems, and we're not going to help you anymore' when a boy is like, twelve.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Pretending to be disabled so people will let you sit on the train is lovely, yes, but I have to wonder if the girlfriend actually reacted like that or if homeboy is blowing it out of proportion because he's a fragile baby-man who can't handle being told he's wrong and strong

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

See, when I read walking stick, I was thinking more of those branches you pick up while you're hiking and less those tri-folding ones blind people use to get around. I thought maybe he was tricking people into thinking he had been walking around all day, lmao.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Manager threatened to kill me

quote:

We had an argument if I was allowed to leave during a break so we called the actual boss and I was allowed to leave. However, when I came back he was clearly upset that I "Undermined his authority" and he sat me in the break room and started saying he was an ex marine and how he really despises me.. then he told me to leave and if he sees me anywhere outside he'll kill me.

Is there anything legally I could do? I don't think anyone should be threatened with death especially at a dollar general in Texas lol

:thunk:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Thank you for your service, now please restock the expired raisinets

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Your bobs very big I'm kiss your bobs

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Danaru posted:

Manager threatened to kill me

I think people using social media instead of google is one of my favourite things.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
(CA) My boyfriend broke up with me, cheated on me, gave my loan money to his mistress. What legal recourse do I have?

quote:

I have been with my partner for 6 months. He was a prince in the beginning, and now he is a devil to me. I have a 12 month lease on my apartment which is about to come to an end. I can barely pay my rent because of how badly my partner has cheated on me.

Two months ago, I found out he cheated on me. Not only that, but he used the loan money I gave him so he could buy a motorcycle to his girlfriend that he was cheating on me with and she put a downpayment on a car. Do I have any legal right to sue her or get the car? Can I sue my boyfriend to get my money back? I don't have any paperwork that proves anything, I just handed him 10k cash. I have texts that prove he cheated on me and a ten second video of him performing a sex act on his ex girlfriend. I have photographic proof that his girlfriend has a new car and I have the parking spot she uses in her apartment complex in case the police can just tow her car and give it to me. What rights do I have here?

Thank you.

quote:

When you say "loan money" do you mean you loaned him the money, or you took out a loan so you could give him money?

OP posted:

I gave him money in an envelope.

quote:

Did you give him the money or was it a loan?

OP posted:

I gave it to him for a motorcycle.

quote:

What it a loan to him or not?

OP posted:

I gave him money for a motorcycle.

And the cherry on the densest cake ever

OP posted:

But a relationship is like a contract to love each other and he stopped loving me.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

(CA) My boyfriend broke up with me, cheated on me, gave my loan money to his mistress. What legal recourse do I have?

And the cherry on the densest cake ever

That's some premium daytime TV right there

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Pick posted:

Hugh's depressed and didn't know how to handle me (no one does); that would have been a tall order for anyone and was grossly unfair to him. He is a good guy and someday he will be happy (with someone else).

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself Pick; You don't seem like an extraordinary rear end in a top hat, just like a normal rear end in a top hat.

Me [36 M] with my wife [36 F] (married a year, been together 6 years): She wants to have a gay guy friend come over and sleep in our bed and cuddle with her while I'm out of town. I got weird about it. Am I being unreasonable?

quote:

I know and met the guy. He's a nice guy. You would never guess him to be gay in any way. He and my wife clicked right away.
Anyway, we don't know him that well. We've hung out maybe 4 times. My wife asked me right out if I would care if he came over when I was out of town and slept with her. Said there was nothing wrong with cuddling with a gay man. Actually went on to say that she could have a full-on emotional relationship with someone without it being sexual (which geez kinda sounds like an emotional affair to me).
So I got weird about it. Not sure why exactly, but I'm not comfortable with another guy in my bed with my wife when I'm not there. Gay or straight. Perhaps it's worth mentioning that he was straight most of his life. Perhaps it isn't.
The thing that bothers me most is that she didn't say "Ok, thank you for sharing your boundary with me. I wont push the issue." -- She did push the issue. Argued as to why I was wrong about it. Brought up past relationships of mine when I was with "more alternative people" and called me "vanilla." The whole exchange left me seething for a myriad of reasons beyond the original discussion. I began to feel as if my feelings (even if they WERE old school or unreasonable) were Invalid. Never a good feel.
What's your take? Am I being unreasonable about the whole thing? Would you let a gay man sleep and cuddle in your bed with your wife while you weren't there? Why or why not? What if the tables were turned? For the ladies out there, would you let your husband sleep and cuddle with a gay woman while you were out of town? Thank you in advance.
tl;dr: Wife wants to have a gay guy friend come over and sleep in our bed with her while I'm out of town. I got weird about it. Am I being unreasonable?

Nancy fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 5, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

I genuinely thought it was a guy fakeposting Otacon's story based on drowning+dad+video game nerd.

I mean, it wasn't, the details are totally different. But still.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I genuinely thought it was a guy fakeposting Otacon's story based on drowning+dad+video game nerd.

I mean, it wasn't, the details are totally different. But still.

Otacon's dad is the one who drowned himself because his son was molested by his stepmother, get it right. Also I think he tried to take his daughter with him.

Otacon would definitely post on r/relationships.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Inescapable Duck posted:

Otacon's dad is the one who drowned himself because his son was molested by his stepmother, get it right. Also I think he tried to take his daughter with him.

Do you think love can bloom even on r/relationships?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Charles Get-Out posted:

Me [36 M] with my wife [36 F] (married a year, been together 6 years): She wants to have a gay guy friend come over and sleep in our bed and cuddle with her while I'm out of town. I got weird about it. Am I being unreasonable?

He's gay dude whats the harm? Oh, wait...

You would never guess him to be gay in any way.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Straight White Shark posted:

Can love bloom, Hugh? Even under this truck?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

[quote="“chitoryu12”" post="“477078982”"]
[/quote]

:eyepop:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
He's gay! He's practically furniture!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Straight White Shark posted:

I like to think two morons help each other sever from their abusive relationships and hook up to create a more equal mutually abusive relationship based on ignorance and lack of basic empathy.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

monkeytennis posted:

He's gay dude whats the harm? Oh, wait...

You would never guess him to be gay in any way.

Real amswer: Sure! And obviously you don't mind if I have a totally not sexy sleepover with my hot totally a lesbian friend, do you? I know right, you'd never think she's gay. Okay have fun!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

chitoryu12 posted:

It's just a machine…

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

FantasticExtrusion posted:

Depends if he waited for the signal or not while raiding.
You bastard, I had a good chuckle at that one whilst still reeling from the story.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Inescapable Duck posted:

His dad also used him as the biological component in a giant robot's piloting system (because he built the cockpit too small for adults) then cooked his mother alive inside the giant robot's heatsink when she objected.

Otacon's Dad was a gigantic douchebag.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Well, one slight difference.

UPDATE (Happy!!) - I [24f] am unclear on how to proceed with disabled classmate [25m] who keeps to himself

This story is almost shockingly cute and heartwarming. Sounds like they're very happy together. Except I'm ultra offended by intentionally going to Olive Garden, let alone on a goddamn first date. Who does that? What kind of town doesn't have anything better than Olive Garden? Disgusting. It's just shameful, like some gross idiot picking up Little Caesars for their first at-home movie date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It's just shameful, like some gross idiot picking up Little Caesars for their first at-home movie date.

*scribbles down...don't...get...Little Caesar's...* Got it. Thanks!