Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xarbala posted:

I'm going to keep dissecting this and there's nothing you can do to stop me

I do not plan to stop you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

according to the paradigm of Morals-Ingredients and Ethics-Structure then Macadamia, as an ingredient-neutral yet structurally rebellious name, should be Neutral Evil while the bi-rebellious "Green Naruto" moniker should be Chaotic Evil furthermore

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

http://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/155/4610/1

holy gently caress

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

e: fuckin server

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku is there.

Right now, Deku is loving there.

This is the chapter that snapped me right back into it. Holy poo poo, the hype is max.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hear the dragon's roar, bitch

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

and here I'd given up on the girls getting a fight, nice

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm pleasantly surprised.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Boy were we wrong when we thought that fight would be resolved totally offscreen.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
AND THEN A loving DRAGON CRASHES THROUGH THE CEILING TO SAVE THE DAY YEEEEEAH BOOIIIII

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so i guess the question of "when will we see the girls' fight" was just answered

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was thinking it would be a bit bullshit if we didn't get to see any of the fight involving a loving dragon :v:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TriffTshngo posted:

AND THEN A loving DRAGON CRASHES THROUGH THE CEILING TO SAVE THE DAY YEEEEEAH BOOIIIII

I never thought I would be able to say "the day was saved when a dragon smashed through the ceiling in the nick of time" w/r/t MHA

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lol

Fabricated posted:

I imagine it'd ruin the dramatic attention but the best thing that could happen would be the giant dude and Ryukyu's group crashing through the ceiling because their fight hosed everything up so bad.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Yes! Female hero deus ex machina.

It was starting to feel like this would fall into the same trope of the girls' fights happening offscreen, with them only coming on screen to fight well, but be saved by the boys.

Fingers crossed they'll beat the poo poo out of chisaki.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

We might get a quick flashback to how the girls got to that point, but they seem to be alright, so I guess their fight's been going pretty well.

Also is deku using English cities for his attacks, or lesser American cities? Cause Manchester is a place in both countries.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

grats

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Man

Poor Eri

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I know right? "dramatic attention" What a moron!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That ending owned pretty hard but it'd be weird if this is what breaks Night Eye's prediction rather than Deku or Miriooooooooooooo.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Crosspeice posted:

We might get a quick flashback to how the girls got to that point, but they seem to be alright, so I guess their fight's been going pretty well.

Also is deku using English cities for his attacks, or lesser American cities? Cause Manchester is a place in both countries.

Manchester is a soccer/football city.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"

EmmyOk posted:

That ending owned pretty hard but it'd be weird if this is what breaks Night Eye's prediction rather than Deku or Miriooooooooooooo.

twice is gonna break the prediction by making clones of midorya and nighteye and letting chisaki kill them instead

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tollymain posted:

so i guess the question of "when will we see the girls' fight" was just answered

i will never underestimate the power of shonen to pull the rug out from under the feet of female characters so the odds of them instantly getting sparko or contributing nothing are still high, though I choose to hope otherwise.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

RareAcumen posted:

I know right? "dramatic attention" What a moron!

Yeah I totally didn't catch that mispelling.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Also congratulations to Shueisha lawyers for successfully preventing early leaks for an entire two weeks.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
What an excellent Chekhov's dragon. :allears:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

TriffTshngo posted:

I love this comic

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm not feeling the deus ex machina here. It's whatever I guess. Would have been nice to see what Ururaka and Froppy were actually doing up until now alongside all the other stuff so we could have actual buildup to this moment. I'm sure we'll be getting a flashback to what they've done, but having them crash through the ceiling unexpectedly feels cheap.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
My biggest worry now is Overhaul gets away and we have to deal with this loser again in the future.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

My biggest worry now is Overhaul gets away and we have to deal with this loser again in the future.

Please God no, I am thoroughly done with him and his spikes.

I half agree with Mabel, it's definitely a bit crazy that they managed to crash all the way here since their start point was outside of the building, right? Cutting between the two and having their stories merge at this moment would have been some One Piece level awesomeness. But I'm happy to see them again and the fight was going nowhere fast before so I welcome it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

whatever happened here had to be unpredictable considering the precog already predicted that everyone but the villain dies with overhaul getting away scot-free

it'd be more satisfying for overhaul to go down here but also pretty much cements him as nothing more than wasted potential. seriously, what is up with this guy? we still know next to nothing about him, his boss, or eri. probably should have devoted more of this time to them and less to suneater and red riot

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

mabels big day posted:

I'm not feeling the deus ex machina here. It's whatever I guess. Would have been nice to see what Ururaka and Froppy were actually doing up until now alongside all the other stuff so we could have actual buildup to this moment. I'm sure we'll be getting a flashback to what they've done, but having them crash through the ceiling unexpectedly feels cheap.

Eh. I'd feel the same if it hadn't been established that they were around, but they were going to catch up eventually unless you actually believed that their entire team would lose to the single dude after what's been displayed by the rest of the rescue team. I don't think the question was ever "Will they lose?", but "Will we see them win?". To me this is less of a "Where'd they come from?!" situation and more of a "What took them so long?" situation.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

On one hand I can see the benefit to having the two stories merge. However on the other the moment of surprise when everything just crashes down without any warning would have been lost if they were going back and forth. Additionally this arc was already going between Lumilion, Suneater, Deku's group, Kirishima's fight, AND the villain alliance so I'm not sure it needed another "and at that same moment elsewhere..." tangent without being more bogged down. They were having a big fight and the dragon lady smashed the villain into the ground is honestly good enough for me.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Also the "reveal" about Eri's parentage is so offhanded and adds nothing to any of the characters or this situation that I can't even imagine what the point was.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

Also the "reveal" about Eri's parentage is so offhanded and adds nothing to any of the characters or this situation that I can't even imagine what the point was.

it turns out overhaul swapped himself out for his boss as though he were trafalgar law from one piece. he wasn't lying when he said he was eri's dad after all!!!

for real tho, overhaul's near loss flashback better be even better than twice's solo chapter because nothing but his powerset is particularly interesting right now

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Frankly I think they should have focused on Overhaul's past at some point prior to the fight and skipped the Suneater backstory stuff if they needed the space to do so since I don't think it's a bit too late to make him more interesting than "rear end in a top hat who think's he's hotshit and willing to sacrifice his minions without a second thought."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Blockhouse posted:

It shows that Overhaul is even more of a giant bastard than previously thought. He's keeping the former boss in a coma (because, c'mon, Overhaul could easily fix whatever's wrong with the guy) so he can experiment on/torture his young daughter in pursuit of his personal vendetta to wipe out hero Quirks and Make Yakuza Great Again. He's the betrayest of betrayers.