Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Speaking of songs and extreme restraints ads this song got stuck in my head and I hate and love it at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywyeYLhevU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

[quote="“Serf”" post="“477061980”"]
The money zone stopped being fun when extreme restraints stopped sponsoring them. That was some of the funniest poo poo ever.
[/quote]

Oh I don't know. The ones for the adult comic website were pretty good.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
I don't think they will ever top the genesis of Garfield the Deals Warlock on a moneyzone.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

i was inside your mouth and it was very clean

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

bigperm posted:

I don't think they will ever top the genesis of Garfield the Deals Warlock on a moneyzone.

Griffin Space Jam dot com!???

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
shut the gently caress up it's time to dive face first into The Zone again

http://www.maximumfun.org/adventure-zone/setup-adventure-zone-commitment

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I guess Justin's detective game wasn't a goof.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
What's that top one though with the arch? So mysterious.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm guessing that's Griffin's supernatural mystery game.

Serf
May 5, 2011

So is Griffin gonna run two games, since I assume the bottom one is Uncharted Worlds?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Dope

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Serf posted:

So is Griffin gonna run two games, since I assume the bottom one is Uncharted Worlds?

Bottom appears to be Griffin McElroy's "It's Not Destiny™"

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I cannot get over how good Justin is at roleplaying games.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Travis's character creation is A Bit Much.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pleads posted:

Travis's character creation is A Bit Much.

Surprising absolutely no one. But every group has someone like Travis and they are treasured players.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Travis is A Bit Much and that's why we love him

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Come on, Remy. The paddles?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Fans posted:

Travis is A Bit Much and that's why we love him

Thank Travis for Travis.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I'm jealous of how Justin is extremely good at creating new and interesting characters for roleplaying games.

It's kind of weird that Travis wanted to move away from the big and burly man stereotype and then immediately went for another stereotype. Griffin-man is going to be great.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I like that Griffin made a pretty normal character and his brothers made some crazy poo poo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I spent the last month mainlining TAZ and now I'm all caught up. Hit me with that new poo poo. :bisonyes:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Serf posted:

I like that Griffin made a pretty normal character and his brothers made some crazy poo poo.

This is pretty good but also Griffin trying to tie a lot of other character stuff into his and explaining stuff needs to chill just a tiny bit. Let Clint talk about the game mechanics and you build on your character.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Serf posted:

Griffin is effectively playing the Tick and I will never let that go.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

"I made a guy who's good at jumping and stuff, since he was already a gymnast."

"Oh, I made a thunder god"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

change my name posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

change my name posted:

The real superhero team experience.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Psychedelicatessen posted:

It's kind of weird that Travis wanted to move away from the big and burly man stereotype and then immediately went for another stereotype.

Not really? He wanted to play a different archetype, not to smash the concept of archetypes altogether.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
I have listened to episode 1.5 and 2 of TAZ and I don't really like it? It feels like a lot of tedium and not a lot of "funny" or "story" does it get better or am I just not a fan of D&D pods? I like my sweet boys and I feel like this should be up my alley.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

The stealth 420 is choice :discourse:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

trashbuilder posted:

I have listened to episode 1.5 and 2 of TAZ and I don't really like it? It feels like a lot of tedium and not a lot of "funny" or "story" does it get better or am I just not a fan of D&D pods? I like my sweet boys and I feel like this should be up my alley.

it gets good on the train and then falls directly off a cliff

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Griffin seemed to be a bit overzealous shutting down Travis's stuff, like if they're starting out as colleagues in this weird superhero organisation who don't really know each other then it makes sense that the arrogant super scientist Travis made wouldn't be particularly impressed by the guy who kicks and jumps good.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

trashbuilder posted:

I'd give it to like ep 4-5, that's where they get comfortable roleplaying enough to start making some real good goofs.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

trashbuilder posted:

Stick with it to the end of the first arc, if you can. For the first few episodes, Griffin is just using the D&D starter box's supplied campaign and the players are still adjusting to both their characters and the mechanics of the game (And Clint, in fact, may STILL be working on the latter.) Griffin ditches the prewritten guide and starts telling his own story about halfway through.

Serf
May 5, 2011

trashbuilder posted:

It starts getting better on the second arc and just picks up from there, aside from a few parts where it drags. Should be better on a binge listen, though.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The squelch cavern is where they start to get into the good goofs, I think. That's a few eps in. I feel like you need to finish the first little arc because it ends with Magic Brian and Phandolin, which factors bigly into the rest of the story.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I feel like Griffin is still kinda working on DM mode and needs to step out of that mindset.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel like Griffin is still kinda working on DM mode and needs to step out of that mindset.

Yeah, especially when he got really defensive with Travis' character being dismissive of his.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

thebardyspoon posted:

Griffin seemed to be a bit overzealous shutting down Travis's stuff, like if they're starting out as colleagues in this weird superhero organisation who don't really know each other then it makes sense that the arrogant super scientist Travis made wouldn't be particularly impressed by the guy who kicks and jumps good.

Totally agree with this and the post above me. I liked Travis' idea of thinking of Remy as a failure and Griffin critiquing it and suggesting so many other things felt really weird and harsh.

e: the two posts above me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Agreed, but it's a slow process rather than a switch you flip, unless you have a lot of experience going back and forth.

I mean, to the extent that this public-facing podcast entertainment product is like a tabletop group dynamic, at least.