Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Ah, the "I was totally not taking it seriously" defense, the penultimate refuge of the dumbass.

What's the ultimate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's the ultimate?

Joining KD

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's the ultimate?

"Define racism" is fairly high on the list.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's the ultimate?

Kemper Boyd posted:

"Define racism" is fairly high on the list.

Those are pretty good, but I was thinking of the puppetmaster defense.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Too late, instructions unclear; I already joined KD and defined racism :(

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well, all you have to do is claim that you only did that because you wanted people to think you are a hihhuli who has defined racism.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Well, all you have to do is claim that you only did that because you wanted people to think you are a hihhuli who has defined racism.

Seems like you didn't understand my post at all so maybe you shouldn't have replied to it. Heil me!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Now you're getting it :golfclap:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I take things unseriously but would call it an offense against my character if anything.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Which of our minorities is going to declare independence first? And should we cheer when police brutalize them?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

throw to first drat IT posted:

Which of our minorities is going to declare independence first? And should we cheer when police brutalize them?

I hope it's the Swedish-speakers so we can eject them. They can have Ostrobothnia in its entirety. Next, Laplanders. They can also have Ostrobothnia in its entirety.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
There should be a lifeless rock somewhere we can give Vastarintaliike to.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Jerry Cotton posted:

I hope it's the Swedish-speakers so we can eject them. They can have Ostrobothnia in its entirety. Next, Laplanders. They can also have Ostrobothnia in its entirety.

Swedish-speakers, all moving to Åland and declaring independence.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

doverhog posted:

There should be a lifeless rock somewhere we can give Vastarintaliike to.

How about Ostrobothnia?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Jerry Cotton posted:

How about Ostrobothnia?

We share a land border with Ostrobothnia let's give Åland to both sides there.

With any luck we'll have a brutal oppressive government of Swedish-speakers and Vastarintaliike being finally happy they're being oppressed by Europeans.

That rock smells like piss and semen and is full of bugs, good riddance.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
The laplanders can keep Lapland it's cold as gently caress out there.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
As a modest proposal, the swedish-speakers can have the coasts and the mongols can go back into the forest. Everybody wins.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Drive out the hurri islanders to the literal islands near Turku; rest of the country can finally use the correct Karelian dialect when speaking.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Fan.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

The laplanders can keep Lapland it's cold as gently caress out there.

Isn't Lapland in Ostrobothnia? Or vice versa.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

https://www.uusisuomi.fi/kotimaa/231759-ahvenanmaan-separatistipuolue-haluaa-itsenaisyydesta-kansanaanestyksen-ja-uskoo

Not from Åland but can I still vote yes somehow

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
It's been long enough since Russians last had a sea fortress in Åland.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

It's been long enough since Russians last had a sea fortress in Åland.

There's literally no-one outside of Åland who would not want Åland to belong to the Russian Federation.

Just.

Out.

Of.

Spite.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Did a bunch of Ålanders piss in your collective cereals or what?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

There's literally no-one outside of Åland who would not want Åland to belong to the Russian Federation.

Just.

Out.

Of.

Spite.

C'mon, you don't think people spite Russians that much?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

Did a bunch of Ålanders piss in your collective cereals or what?

Hurrit takas ruotsiin perrrrrrrrkele :godwinning:

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
I have this image of policemen beating Ålanders trying to vote for their independence and it's a funny image.

In other news, eurostoliitto keeps on eurostoliittoing: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_STATEMENT-17-3626_en.htm

loving chickenshits

e: someone edit yakkety sax on these vids and speed them up:
https://www.facebook.com/neus.fortes/videos/10155106869727725/
https://www.facebook.com/neus.fortes/videos/10155106869722725/

SnowblindFatal fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 4, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

SDP are suddenly relevant again. Looks like talks of "synnytystalkoot" excited their aging voter base.

Long term voter support graphs are here.

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
The margin of error is 2,3 %-yks. and the support of SDP seems to correlate some what with the support of PS, which has been in a crisis for over a year so who knows what their actual support is at the moment. So I would take any analysis of SDP in the rise with a huge grain of salt. What's interesting is that from the data going to back to 1994 it seems that SDP's current downfall began in 2007 and they've yet to come close to the level of support they had back then (24%). Maybe they can turn around the ongoing ten year trend but idk what would be the key to that.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Havana Affair posted:

The margin of error is 2,3 %-yks. and the support of SDP seems to correlate some what with the support of PS, which has been in a crisis for over a year so who knows what their actual support is at the moment. So I would take any analysis of SDP in the rise with a huge grain of salt. What's interesting is that from the data going to back to 1994 it seems that SDP's current downfall began in 2007 and they've yet to come close to the level of support they had back then (24%). Maybe they can turn around the ongoing ten year trend but idk what would be the key to that.

Fire Rinne and the rest of the old guard into the sun and find somebody who doesn't have the charisma of a wooden plank and/or has good opinions to lead the party.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

LOL, looks like Sibis and Berner have sent the larsleeviläiset into a downward spiral. What do you mean the literal rural folks' party doesn't want to privatize every form of transportation available, roads included? :haw:

Also, why do they even bother listing the ilon ja toivon liike as a separate entity from the other muut :prepop:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rappaport posted:

Also, why do they even bother listing the ilon ja toivon liike as a separate entity from the other muut :prepop:

+0,1 the growth can't be stopped

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rappaport posted:

LOL, looks like Sibis and Berner have sent the larsleeviläiset into a downward spiral. What do you mean the literal rural folks' party doesn't want to privatize every form of transportation available, roads included? :haw:

The rural folks are literally for everything that makes good people, i.e. people who live in the largest cities, worse off. Even if it makes themselves way worse off. It's because rural folks are literally stupid as all hell. (Feel like disagreeing? THEY VOTED KEPU INTO CABINET CASE CLOSED QED ETC.)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Andrast posted:

+0,1 the growth can't be stopped

Meanwhile PS -0,4%. Persu voters aren't migrating to Soini and Terho, they have just lost their will to vote. Sininen Uni ei ole saanut edes 5000 kannattajakorttia kasaan, eikö Saukki voisi olla reilu ja antaa muutaman omistaan niin ei tarttis kokea myötähäpeää?

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
pif soon to overtake Finpol as the best forum

PIF posted:

Elikkäs selailin ajankulukseni vastarintaliikkeen/odineiden/rajakkien suljettua FB-ryhmää ja tajusin että ryhmän ylläpitäjänä on tämän Suomen suurimman yksityisomisteisen vartiointiliikkeen myyntipäällikkö.

Ajattelin toki ensin että tän on pakko olla feikki, koska ei tossa asemassa oleva henkilö työnantajansa nimeä mainostaisi tällaisessa yhteydessä.

Mutta tarkemmin tutkiskellessa tämä tosiaan vaikuttaa aidolta:

Who would've guessed? PSG Turva replies:

PSG Turva posted:

PSG Turva Oy:n tietoon on saatettu useamman asiakkaan toimesta tieto, että he ovat vastaanottaneet asiakaspalautetta, että yhtiön henkilökuntaan kuuluva henkilö on julkaissut Facebookissa rasistisia ja halventavia kirjoituksia. Kirjoitusten kohteena ovat olleet sekä maahanmuuttajat että Suomesta turvapaikkaa hakevat henkilöt.

PSG Turva Oy on ryhtynyt välittömiin toimenpiteisiin ilmitulleen tapauksen johdosta, ja tekoon syyllistyneen tekijän työvelvoite on päättynyt toistaiseksi 5.10.2017 sisäisen tutkinnan ajaksi.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lokka doesn't actually care.

quote:

Lokka on perustanut aiemmin FPS Securityn, joka voitti Helsingin kaupungin Stop Töhryille -hankkeen vartioinnin kilpailutuksissa kymmenen vuotta peräkkäin.

KU:n mukaan yrityksen työntekijöistä liikkui kuitenkin hurjia huhuja graffitiharrastajien keskuudessa. Työntekijöiden väitettiin syyllistyneen ylilyönteihin ja väkivaltaisiin otteisiin. 2000-luvun alussa myös yksittäisiä FPS:n vartijoita tuomittiin työaikana tehdyistä väkivaltarikoksista.

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

Fire Rinne and the rest of the old guard into the sun and find somebody who doesn't have the charisma of a wooden plank and/or has good opinions to lead the party.

Well yeah but I think the party has a deeper problem than just the leadership. When they first elected Rinne over Urpilainen they had a huge debate within the party about its direction culminating to these two candidates, but at least in hindsight I've no idea what's the difference between them. I've heard the losing side is still very bitter about their loss - and wants Rinne to fail so they can ditch him - but idk how anything would be different under Urpilainen. It tells something about the party that I've understood they currently don't have an approved political program.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Just.

Out.

Of.

Spite.

hello there

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://www.hs.fi/nyt/art-2000005395907.html

Maybe 'artist' should be classified as gender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Nyt probably is getting on the bandwagon of getting free clicks from men who get mad online whenever someone mentions white cishet men.

The article is poorly written (as figures, Nyt is a drat joke) and Hyvönen has bad opinions about whiteness (how you can stop being a white hetero male, that is not how structures work) but I think the critique of the new Tuntematon movie is good and not going to an interview with Louhimies is good.

Speaking of which: I talked yesterday with a friend about the new Tuntematon. Does anyone have any sort of idea who wanted it to happen, apart from those in marketing who figured it can be made into a brand? I wouldn't be surprised if it flops in the theaters.