Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

MythosDragon posted:

Did you mean: Radical Dreamer?

please, do not ask for my thoughts on radical dreamers, as i did not finish it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

All the evo games have the original soundtracks as dlc options dont they?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Where Sky EVO loses me is with the really bad character art changes that look like nothing any falcom artist has worked on and is just peak generic anime, and the fact that they put big cut in images of cool moments instead of just showing the moments as they were in the original games.

Also the OPs are extremely poo poo.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I dunno about the sky games but the evo version of the crossbell games also have extra quests too. At least Zero did when I found a guide talking about those quests.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Playing Tokyo xanadu ex and after ys8 the combat isn't impressing me much so far, it feels so stiff.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
If you didn't play Trails SC by endlessly trapping Agate in a loop of screaming himself into a near-death state and destroying enemies with his fearsome Kamehameha sword I don't even want to know you

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Pegnose Pete posted:

I know I just started TiTS SC, but I feel like picking up the Crossbell games in Japanese and challenging myself to play through them. My conversational Japanese is good but I would definitely need an e-dictionary on hand to look up the kanji. Are the vita versions considered good or were they bad ports?
edit: I ask because it seems like some people don't like the Evolution versions of the Sky games.

You probably want to finish Trails in the Sky SC and 3rd before picking up the Crossbell games because they continue a certain plotline from Sky and several characters from the Sky games make appearances. You'll get a lot more fun out of it if you know what they've been up to before they ended up in Crossbell.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

If you didn't play Trails SC by endlessly trapping Agate in a loop of screaming himself into a near-death state and destroying enemies with his fearsome Kamehameha sword I don't even want to know you

Why would anyone do anything else?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I only did that for like 85% of the game, Joshua 2.0 hits just as hard without being a terrible caster, sadly, and the True Gladiator Swag kinda solves CP anyway.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Cake Attack posted:

Also pro tip using the Google translate to pick out kanji to paste into a dictionary is much easier then playing the radical game if you weren't aware it was a thing

Oh yeah this thing saves my rear end all the time living in Japan.

Erpy posted:

You probably want to finish Trails in the Sky SC and 3rd before picking up the Crossbell games because they continue a certain plotline from Sky and several characters from the Sky games make appearances. You'll get a lot more fun out of it if you know what they've been up to before they ended up in Crossbell.

Yep! Definitely will do that. I just figured challenging myself to do Crossbell in Japanese would be better than waiting for the fan translations to finish/western releases to magically appear. I will probably play CS before going into Crossbell though honestly, especially since CS2 will probably be out on PC by the time I finish TITS 3rd.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So in Ys VIII, is fishing totally random? I'm mostly speaking about the treasure boxes you pull up. I did some fishing in the Coral Forest and fished up a level 40 dude who proceeded to stomp me silly, but in other fishing holes the next pull is usually a chest. Is that just something I need to come back for?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Levantine posted:

So in Ys VIII, is fishing totally random? I'm mostly speaking about the treasure boxes you pull up. I did some fishing in the Coral Forest and fished up a level 40 dude who proceeded to stomp me silly, but in other fishing holes the next pull is usually a chest. Is that just something I need to come back for?

Err, are you not fishing at the fish shadow/ripple areas?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

OddObserver posted:

Err, are you not fishing at the fish shadow/ripple areas?

Yes, of course I am. I'm asking if what you pull up is totally random or if specific fish/items are in each "spot". Will I always pull up level 40 skellyman? Or is that random?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack posted:

Playing Tokyo xanadu ex and after ys8 the combat isn't impressing me much so far, it feels so stiff.

wait is tokyo xanadu ex+ out???

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

wait is tokyo xanadu ex+ out???

im am ascending to full power and am good enough to play it in japanese (same with ys8)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Levantine posted:

Yes, of course I am. I'm asking if what you pull up is totally random or if specific fish/items are in each "spot". Will I always pull up level 40 skellyman? Or is that random?

Every spot has a specific list of fish that can be caught there

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack posted:

im am ascending to full power and am good enough to play it in japanese (same with ys8)

Another Falcom brother lost to the jp-only mines...

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Its impressive, because I'm reading the entire thread for Cake Attacks FC LP, and he knew nothing of Japanese back then. Guess I really am a lazy bastard if you learned enough Japanese to play a Falcom game since then. Still kinda sad you never did SC or anything because I think you really hit the sweet spot between LP personality and letting the game talk for itself.

Edit:
Is there a place to submit typos? I found this typo where Faye calls Brahm Bram while talking to everyone at the start of Chapter 2. I checked my FC screenshots to make sure she was calling him Brahm in those and she was, and talked to Brahm to make sure he didnt suddenly change his name and he didnt.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 5, 2017

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

MythosDragon posted:

Is there a place to submit typos? I found this typo where Faye calls Brahm Bram while talking to everyone at the start of Chapter 2. I checked my FC screenshots to make sure she was calling him Brahm in those and she was, and talked to Brahm to make sure he didnt suddenly change his name and he didnt.
Steam forums, but the threads for typos in SC and 3rd are way more organized than anything in the FC forum.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Saralene posted:

Steam forums, but the threads for typos in SC and 3rd are way more organized than anything in the FC forum.

Thanks, put in there even though it goes through you either way.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Should I submit the typo I found in CS2? Would it help the editing for the PC version?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Should I submit the typo I found in CS2? Would it help the editing for the PC version?

theym ight have caught them already, but its not like it could hurt anything.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

smenj posted:

Aside from what everyone else has said about chapter 8 being better and so on, towards the very end of the game you'll (related to what you'd already tagged, so feel free to look, I haven't spoiled the ending or anything) fight those same bosses again in the same order as in Chapter 7. For Bleublanc and Renne it doesn't really matter who you bring, but make sure you have Zin in your party for fighting Walter and Schera for Luciola, otherwise you'll miss some bonus scenes. If they're underlevelled there's no real issue because there's a place nearby which spawns shining poms, so you can quickly get them up to speed.

this isn't 100% true as you can bring olivier and kloe for dialogue changes vs. bleublanc, and tita for renne. not cutscene changing like the other two, but still important parts of dialogue for their rivalry.

vvvv: that's what I just said though

Koguma fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 6, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Koguma posted:

this isn't 100% true as you can bring olivier and kloe for dialogue changes vs. bleublanc, and tita for renne. not cutscene changing like the other two, but still important parts of dialogue.

The differences there are like a single line. With the other two, the entire scene plays out differently.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/916029057925550080

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It's super cool that you can tell it's Hatsuu shitpoating even on the XSEED blog.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Brittany's twitter feed is a nice way to keep track of how far the VA recording is coming along so far. Over the last days, Laura, Angelica, Mint, Rosine, Emma, Towa, Thomas, Carl Regnitz, Marquis Rogner and several others got their lines recorded. Also, more Rean.

Looks like she finally started playing Sen III herself. Can't wait for her reaction for when she runs into voiced Becky.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up in vain but

http://trailstozero.com/

quote:

Whois Information

Perform lookup
Domain Name: TRAILSTOZERO.COM
Domain ID: 1935678618_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: http://tucowsdomains.com
Updated Date: 2017-03-10T17:16:15Z

Creation Date: 2015-06-05T01:56:56Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-06-05T01:56:57Z
Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 69
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: domainabuse@tucows.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4165350123
Reseller: Click And Name
Domain Status:
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Jason Higa
Registrant Organization: XSEED Games, Inc.
Registrant Street: 3655 Torrance Blvd. Suite 140
Registrant City: TORRANCE
Registrant State/Province: California
Registrant Postal Code: 90503-4839
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.13107927780
Registrant Phone Ext: 102
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: jason@xseedmarketing.com
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Jason Higa
Admin Organization: XSEED Games, Inc.
Admin Street: 3655 Torrance Blvd. Suite 140
Admin City: TORRANCE
Admin State/Province: California
Admin Postal Code: 90503-4839
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.13107927780
Admin Phone Ext: 102
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: jason@xseedmarketing.com
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Host Master
Tech Organization: Click & Name
Tech Street: 9725 Datapoint Dr Ste 100
Tech City: San Antonio
Tech State/Province: TX
Tech Postal Code: 78229
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.2107980105
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: support@clickandname.com
Name Server: DNS1.STABLETRANSIT.COM
Name Server: DNS2.STABLETRANSIT.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2017-03-10T17:16:15Z <<<
Remember to take everything with a pinch of salt. There is a very large chance this means nothing.

Terper fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 6, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
TrailsToZero.com and TrailsToAzure.com were both registered by XSeed around the time TrailsOfColdSteel.com was registered and XSeed mentioned around that time that they were mostly taken in order to prevent sniping.

Edit: Nevermind, I failed to notice the updated-date. Interesting. Will the Keromin sing "Get over the Barrier" in the near future?

How do people spot this anyway? Does somebody have a web-bot checking those domains every day just in case someone from XSeed makes a change? Or do they do it manually? Bless their heart, anyways. Now in before XSeed makes an announcement saying they meant to alter the Cold Steel domain but accidentally picked the wrong one.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Oct 6, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Today, for a brief moment, the page changed into this, apparently. So ~who knows~

Again, no one should get excited over it, just something to notice. We all know how this cycle works.

Terper fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Oct 6, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Don't play these games with me Falcom Thread.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Erpy posted:

Brittany's twitter feed is a nice way to keep track of how far the VA recording is coming along so far. Over the last days, Laura, Angelica, Mint, Rosine, Emma, Towa, Thomas, Carl Regnitz, Marquis Rogner and several others got their lines recorded. Also, more Rean.

Looks like she finally started playing Sen III herself. Can't wait for her reaction for when she runs into voiced Becky.

Speaking of accent, I am gonna ROT13-decode what she said when she ran into some returning Liberl characters (which were already announced):
also eff you rean, liberlian accents my rear end

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

BRUH. Play these games on me more.
Especially now that archives are down and I cant read the FC thread anymore despite being almost done.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

MythosDragon posted:

BRUH. Play these games on me more.
Especially now that archives are down and I cant read the FC thread anymore despite being almost done.

The LP Archive still works?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Some Numbers posted:

The LP Archive still works?

It does, but I'm weird and enjoy reading what everyone thought of the game. The entire reason I enjoy reading Let's plays in the first place is seeing what other people thought at that exact moment in the game. Which is why I get sad when my favorite games with Let's plays are pretty much just transcribing the dialogue.

Plus I never would have learned that the Artbooks were translated into English if I wasnt reading the thread.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 6, 2017

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

^Agreed, it's one of the crazier and funnier parts of threads with voting.

And if I'm reading a screenshot LP, I'm definitely on the mood to read 30 pages of text anyways.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

my thoughts are not that special

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So Falcom tweeted out that the actual sales of CS3 is about 105k, which is their highest digital sales or something (Media Create sales had it at 93k before).

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Really Pants posted:

my thoughts are not that special

No ones are, but as long as theres a few bad puns here and there, its always fun to read them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Koguma posted:

this isn't 100% true as you can bring olivier and kloe for dialogue changes vs. bleublanc, and tita for renne. not cutscene changing like the other two, but still important parts of dialogue for their rivalry.

vvvv: that's what I just said though

Coming back a bit late to respond to this, but it's basically as Some Numbers said. I'm aware the dialogue changes - it's just that that dialogue isn't all that important and is literally like a line or two with him saying he's glad they came and not much else. There's no real point going out of your way to bring them. Similarly for Renne. Compared to the other two fights I mentioned where you miss entire chunks of backstory if you don't bring the right characters along, it's practically nothing at all.

As regards that Trails to Zero stuff, I'm just gonna desperately convince myself that it's nothing so I don't get excited, but it won't work, I'm sure.