Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm just going to assume Kris Dunn is involved in that without looking too closely

Fast break turnover, missed layup, missed layup

#5 pick baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how the gently caress is this an NBA team

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls games might actually get cheap enough on the secondary market this season that i can afford to go to a hornets game and scream SHOOT IT every time Michael Carter-Williams touches the ball.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

they literally address this right after showing the results

like, the literal next line after you cut off the text
Well, don't leave me in suspense, what did they say?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
what are win/loss swings?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

so the worst record in league history for a full season is 9-73. with LaVine out until midseason and Markkanen apparently injured, do the Bulls get close to 8-74?

^^^, if I understood correctly, win swings are teams that are expected to win a lot more than the previous season, and loss swings are teams that are expected to lose a lot more than the previous season

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RaySmuckles posted:

what are win/loss swings?

Which team will gain the most wins and which team will "gain" the most losses

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
thanks

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lopez and mirotic is too much talent to go single digit wins. They need trade both to be as bad as the Christian eyenga cavs.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Hell yeah

I did that poll four hours ago and I already can't remember what I put for the bottom two seeds of the east because it's such a tossup.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

Lopez and mirotic is too much talent to go single digit wins. They need trade both to be as bad as the Christian eyenga cavs.

Lol that's a deep cut Tae, bravo

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lockback posted:

Nets traded away their best player from last year. They're going to be real bad again.

They might have lost Lopez but they have a more balanced roster this season. Carroll is not what he was pre-Hawks injury but is better than who they were going with last season. Russell is an improvement and could likely have his best season so far. Their bench also made improvements.

Bulls, Pacers, and Hawks will all fall out of the playoffs. I don't expect anything from the Magic. The Knicks will be a bad team but will at least be a fun bad team to watch. I forgot the Pistons added Bradley but they also lost Morris. I didn't watch enough of them last season to know how much that will hurt the team. The Sixers might be fun but are a really young team.

If Spo has the Heat looking more like he did in the back half of last season, they will make the playoffs. Charlotte's offense might look ugly but maybe their defense could them in the playoffs.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Filled out the survey for the first time and tried not to be too biased in my picks for the Pelicans. I am so ready for the season to start up

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

Spacebump posted:

I forgot the Pistons added Bradley but they also lost Morris. I didn't watch enough of them last season to know how much that will hurt the team.

They also lost KCP

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

tanglewood1420 posted:

5 minutes into a preseason game yes, but Simmons looks real loving good.

e:

https://twitter.com/outsidethenba/status/915717230746329088

9 assists and 1 turnover in 22 minutes - nice.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I'm super hyped for Simmons, but I thought he looked a little lazy on D? I can't remember specific plays, but on at least 2 or 3 possessions he should have helped from the weak side but didn't.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Go the Dallas Wings because Erin Phillips, who is the best, used to play for them and is now their assistant coach or something

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/LeaderOfHorde/status/915837716809474048
:3: :3: :3:

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Filled out the survey and it made me realize that there are like 6 playoff caliber teams East. The last two spots were a hard choice between flawed teams. In the end I went with Detroit and Charlotte over the 76ers because I don't trust a very young team to win consistently, but I'm ready to eat crow on that.
On a related note, what's the treshold for playoffs in the Eastern Conference? 39-40 wins?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Z_iV0Vsvg👀

Lieutenant Hoffman
Mar 4, 2009

hell yeah!!!

LupusAter posted:

Filled out the survey and it made me realize that there are like 6 playoff caliber teams East. The last two spots were a hard choice between flawed teams. In the end I went with Detroit and Charlotte over the 76ers because I don't trust a very young team to win consistently, but I'm ready to eat crow on that.
On a related note, what's the treshold for playoffs in the Eastern Conference? 39-40 wins?

Yeah with some of the playoff east teams committing to the tank it's going to look really shaky at the bottom of the conference. The Bulls are going to be so bad this year it will be hard to watch.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They will be relatively watchable when Levine returns .

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

They will be relatively watchable when Levine returns .

Oh no Tae is leaking

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rubio taught all he knew to KAT then quantum leapt to Utah where the Mormons need to learn his carefree Catalonia way.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I guess Ricky is gonna be this year's NBA player embroiled in a domestic crisis at home.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
It's distressing that Wiggins's offensive game has developed so slowly. He's still really young, but he still has the same shot selection, apparently with the coaches' consent, and he's in danger of becoming a more athletic DeRozan.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lol that's a deep cut Tae, bravo

is he going for Ilunga-Mbenga? That dude is easily up on the NBA All-Time Top Ugliest charts. Face was downright tragic, ready for a Star Trek guest appearance and poo poo

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

is he going for Ilunga-Mbenga? That dude is easily up on the NBA All-Time Top Ugliest charts. Face was downright tragic, ready for a Star Trek guest appearance and poo poo

Hahah he actually got the guy's name completely right

Tae is on a different astral plane

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

EvanTH posted:

he is beautiful, as are all children of god

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

How on earth does anyone think the lakers are winning 30+ games in the western conference? There is literally no one on that roster that can defend at anything approaching an acceptable level.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

How on earth does anyone think the lakers are winning 30+ games in the western conference? There is literally no one on that roster that can defend at anything approaching an acceptable level.

Lonzo hype I guess

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
BALL

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqHP5ubcjHY

lol

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I prefer the one with the question as old as time itself: Who the gently caress is Tingis Pingis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqVz7Hpq8WY

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmIURIqjDmY&t=19s

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

NYK doesn't deserve King Zing send him to where he truly belongs: San Antonio.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

isn't that Michael Rappaport or have I been falsely ascribing that video just to hate a man a bit more

Every time this comes up I am proud to say that upon the Porzingis' Pick I immediately texted my friend Travis "KING ZING GONNA BRING RINGS," quite likely the first formulation of the nickname. Thanks. Thank you. Thank you to everybody.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahah he actually got the guy's name completely right

Tae is on a different astral plane

oops I totally forgot about Christian Eyenga. Confusing the two Born In Kinshasa NBA dudes. I'll have to come up with some kinda mnemonic to keep all this straight

Brazzaville, R. Congo - Ibaka
Kinshasa, DR Congo - Mbenga, Eyenga

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Spacebump posted:

They might have lost Lopez but they have a more balanced roster this season. Carroll is not what he was pre-Hawks injury but is better than who they were going with last season. Russell is an improvement and could likely have his best season so far. Their bench also made improvements.

Bulls, Pacers, and Hawks will all fall out of the playoffs. I don't expect anything from the Magic. The Knicks will be a bad team but will at least be a fun bad team to watch. I forgot the Pistons added Bradley but they also lost Morris. I didn't watch enough of them last season to know how much that will hurt the team. The Sixers might be fun but are a really young team.

If Spo has the Heat looking more like he did in the back half of last season, they will make the playoffs. Charlotte's offense might look ugly but maybe their defense could them in the playoffs.

I picked the Heat to make. Go DION!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

EvanTH posted:

Every time this comes up I am proud to say that upon the Porzingis' Pick I immediately texted my friend Travis "KING ZING GONNA BRING RINGS," quite likely the first formulation of the nickname. Thanks. Thank you. Thank you to everybody.

https://www.mariowiki.com/King_Zing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm just going to assume Kris Dunn is involved in that without looking too closely

https://twitter.com/BullsBlogger/status/915952978049343488

• Locked thread