Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-UDsTwGDY

I haven't played MvC:I, but is it normal for X to not have any facial animation when getting hit? Or are all characters going to have a dead stare during Sigma's super grab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Doggles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-UDsTwGDY

I haven't played MvC:I, but is it normal for X to not have any facial animation when getting hit? Or are all characters going to have a dead stare during Sigma's super grab?

have you seen ghost rider's level 3

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Endorph posted:

that's it.

you also lose grd by doing your character specific B+C move and as of [st] vorpal gives everyone a character specific benefit

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

darealkooky posted:

you also lose grd by doing your character specific B+C move and as of [st] vorpal gives everyone a character specific benefit

Which aren't listed anywhere in game...

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

someone needs to slap the voice director for making every single effort extended screams.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-Arcade-PlayStation-Standard-4/dp/B0765LLC19/

quote:

Arcade mode - choose from six different paths themed after classic Street Fighter games
Gallery - unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through arcade mode
Extra battle - complete timed challenges to obtain exclusive costumes throughout 2018
New v-triggers - each character will have two v-triggers, adding even more depth to the combat system
New visuals - the user interface is being redesigned with new Color schemes, revised menus and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects

Product description
Current players of Street Fighter V and future owners of Street Fighter V: arcade Edition will be placed into the same player pool, with PS4 and PC Cross-Platform play continuing to unite fans into a unified player base. The initial Street Fighter V purchase is still the only One that consumers need to make to ensure they always have the most up-to-date version of the title. All of the post launch gameplay content, such as the DLC characters in Street Fighter V, is earnable completely free of charge through completing various in-game challenges and receiving earned in-game currency, called fight money. For those who just can't wait to unlock each piece of new content, content can also be obtained instantly using purchased in-game currency.

Release date: January 16, 2018

There's nothing on the page that explicitly says it'll come with any or all of the DLC content.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao only new triggers not new skills or ca?

Whats the point? Nobody gives a gently caress about triggers except necali players you just hit the button after a stray counter hit and do big combo.

Worthless vskills are a much bigger drag on the game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd hazard a buy for Apology Edition if it came with like, at least one season of DLC characters

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/10/05/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-coming-january-16

$40, includes all season 1 & 2 DLC characters.

EDIT: I forgot how stupid Akuma looks in this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/10/05/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-coming-january-16

The best part about this is it looks like Survival mode got deleted. I'll reinstall the game to check this out in January, sure

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

In Training posted:

The best part about this is it looks like Survival mode got deleted. I'll reinstall the game to check this out in January, sure

Do you get the DLC characters you don't have for free if you update the base game? Because if you don't and they actually announced this before the final DLC character in season 2 this sure feels like buying the DLC was a scam.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Do you get the DLC characters you don't have for free if you update the base game?

Lol no way in hell man.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Do you get the DLC characters you don't have for free if you update the base game? Because if you don't and they actually announced this before the final DLC character in season 2 this sure feels like buying the DLC was a scam.

pretty much. if you bought the base game at launch and have been paying for DLC characters, you got hosed.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Wtf is this a mod where did this come from

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So.....all they did was update the UI, add 2 modes and new V trigger for everyone?

PASS lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Lmao only new triggers not new skills or ca?

Whats the point? Nobody gives a gently caress about triggers except necali players you just hit the button after a stray counter hit and do big combo.

Worthless vskills are a much bigger drag on the game

Necali players? You mean ALL players? Because that's literally all VTs are for, random mashing of your character's best CC and buffering into VT activation in case it hits.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Is that viewtiful Joe costume official though

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Necali players? You mean ALL players? Because that's literally all VTs are for, random mashing of your character's best CC and buffering into VT activation in case it hits.

Unless you play a bad character, like Vega.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Man...don't even...

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So it will have all of the other Street Fighters on disc?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Agoat posted:

Is that viewtiful Joe costume official though

it real
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/promotion/ae

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“Jack Trades”" post="“477078662”"]
Necali players? You mean ALL players? Because that’s literally all VTs are for, random mashing of your character’s best CC and buffering into VT activation in case it hits.
[/quote]

I know i didnt use punctuation but you also didnt use your brain reading my post

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
man bengus really putting in the work

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

So it will have all of the other Street Fighters on disc?

It's the story for each game through SFV matches. Will be interesting if they do stuff like a Geki costume for vega. They'll probably use Urien's Gill costume in the SF3 timeline.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Who's gonna be sagat in the sf1 one

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DLC Inc posted:

pretty much. if you bought the base game at launch and have been paying for DLC characters, you got hosed.

And from Sales figures it seems the vast majority of the player base bought at launch since sales dried up so quickly.

I'm glad that capcom has turned their game into a scam against their loyal fanbase to try and entice new players with a revision which, unless I'm crazy and remembering wrong, usually sell less and less.

Like who is this for? The casual fans have already been burned by the less than stellar netcode and gameplay and a severe lack of any game modes casual fans gave a poo poo about.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVC-o8QdokQ

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Captain Baal posted:

Who's gonna be sagat in the sf1 one

It would be pretty funny to see it as an abigail costume, though Sagat was a rumored S3 character.

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

A.o.D. posted:

Don't forget the grappling mixups, like jab-jab-jab or jab-jab SPD

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

HAVE COURAGE PLAY ST MODE
Plain announcing this at a $40 price point before S2 even done wrapped up is scummy as heck considering S2 hasn't gotten a price dip. Was also hoping for alternate v skills since if we are going to ignore base issues, at least slather on some new meter free tools for everyone and cross your fingers that you don't get two duds.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

A.o.D. posted:

I got into fighting games again pretty recently, and Vega no longer being a charge character is why I originally decided not buy street fighter 5 when it was releasing.

This games entire life cycle has been very good schadenfreude despite the fact that i've got the most stupid horse in this race.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bitch Twinkles posted:

Plain announcing this at a $40 price point before S2 even done wrapped up is scummy as heck considering S2 hasn't gotten a price dip. Was also hoping for alternate v skills since if we are going to ignore base issues, at least slather on some new meter free tools for everyone and cross your fingers that you don't get two duds.

I'd bet a million bucks they do the same thing with MVCI in a year once that thing tanks

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

DLC Inc posted:

I'd bet a million bucks they do the same thing with MVCI in a year once that thing tanks

That's what I'm waiting for assuming I even care with the glut of tag games that'll be in the market then.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

And from Sales figures it seems the vast majority of the player base bought at launch since sales dried up so quickly.

I'm glad that capcom has turned their game into a scam against their loyal fanbase to try and entice new players with a revision which, unless I'm crazy and remembering wrong, usually sell less and less.

Like who is this for? The casual fans have already been burned by the less than stellar netcode and gameplay and a severe lack of any game modes casual fans gave a poo poo about.

Wasn't the point of going with the games as service model was to ease upgrading and lightening the price point of acquiring characters and features. Yet things have just gotten more complicated and expensive. I really wish Capcom just stuck with classic revisions.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Man...don't even...

Don't even what? Play this game? Great advice!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/SuperKawaiiDesu/status/915966571633369088

http://tl.gd/n_1sq7v1f
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq7v3a

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
do the persona characters have personas

i guess that'd have to be their specials, probably no persona card system

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Don't even what? Play this game? Great advice!

Don't even remind me.
I used to main Vega in SF4 and I get triggered even thinking about how Capcom ruined him in SFV.

Also don't even play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Hopefully "ETC" means what I think it means and we're getting 7 characters from random poo poo

having an uneven number of characters for most of the series seems like a really odd choice for a 2v2 tag game tho