Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The best dating sim is Mighty Switch Force 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's p5

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
let's talk about love & destroy for the ps1, the mecha action game where you pick from three cool giant robots with different weapons and capabilities to fight giant freaky alien bosses while having to manage your relationship with three girlfriends and if you gently caress up they leave you on planet earth after beating the last boss and you get really lonely

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Are the robots your girlfriends?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

Are the robots your girlfriends?

i think???

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm still waiting for a sequel to Robot Alchemic Drive

al-azad
May 28, 2009

hyphz posted:

See, I read it described as originally being a horror movie where a half-toon girl goes on rampage using the intersection of the two worlds. Human? She can drop an anvil on your head. Toon? When she drops an anvil on your head, you bleed and die.

Which basically makes me think that no one knew what the hell it was supposed to be. But they also thought that Kim Basinger standing in a room full of painted flats would look like a cartoon world.

This is close to the original comic book of The Mask where all the cartoon powers have real life consequences with incredibly disturbing results.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i was curious about the localization changes in alundra since it's supposed to be the least jokey working designs translation and the tcrf page lists like virtually every enemy in the game as having way more hp in english lmao

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

why is 9/11 on this super nintendo game's box

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, I could go for a good global business management sim right now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

abagofcheetos posted:

why is 9/11 on this super nintendo game's box

As CEO,
You
Call the
Shots

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Man, I could go for a good global business management sim right now

Ah this is bullshit it's not letting me turn the airline industry into a completely government-price-regulated service

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ah this is bullshit it's not letting me turn the airline industry into a completely government-price-regulated service

The lesson you're supposed to learn is that capitalism does not lead to good solutions.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i was curious about the localization changes in alundra since it's supposed to be the least jokey working designs translation and the tcrf page lists like virtually every enemy in the game as having way more hp in english lmao

yep, that's working designs.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Playing through Dark Souls 2 for the first time at the moment. Maybe I've just gotten better at soulsbourne but I'm finding it bizarrely easy.

The only boss I really had issues with was The Persuer and that was because I had gently caress all health/stamina at that point so he could kill me in one combo if I hosed up my dodging. Most other bosses are going down either the first or second time I fight them because they all feel really slow and their attacks are mostly huge-windup "sweeps" that are piss easy to get away from. Also, shields are really useful and a tad OP.

I'm sure I'll be back here in a couple of days complaining about unfair bullshit when I hit another wall but it's weird to play one of these games and beat a boss without having to learn how they move and attack or whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every dark souls 2 boss has the same attack pattern so it's really easy

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

hyphz posted:

I was invited to a girl's birthday party where the well meaning parents showed Watership Down. I escaped trauma only because being a boy they thought I would be bored by the cute rabbity film and would want to go play video games instead.

Also, Bakshi and cartoons created Cool World which is failure incarnate.

Had these parents literally never seen any of it before because one of the bunnies starts seeing visions of fields drowned in swirling blood less than five minutes in

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

We read Watership Down in English class in high school. The teacher showed some gnarly clips from the film to show us that this was not some happy fun child's book in the hopes that we would want to read it. It worked

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Digirat posted:

Had these parents literally never seen any of it before because one of the bunnies starts seeing visions of fields drowned in swirling blood less than five minutes in

I remember years ago I read a thread on some other forum where a guy was complaining about how a fantasy movie he had rented from Xbox Live for his kid wasn't labeled as non-English with subtitles.

The movie was Pan's Labyrinth.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

haveblue posted:

I remember years ago I read a thread on some other forum where a guy was complaining about how a fantasy movie he had rented from Xbox Live for his kid wasn't labeled as non-English with subtitles.

The movie was Pan's Labyrinth.

I remember some of the marketing making it sound like a fantasy movie for teens, so this is understandable.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pan's Labyrinth is a children's movie, though.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

In Training posted:

Every dark souls 2 boss has the same attack pattern so it's really easy

Yeah, it's seems they all have a front slash, a thrust attack and some kind of jump/flying attack if you get a bit of distance from them.

I just stick to them like shite to a blanket and they just sort of die in about a minute in most cases if I just repeatedly take 2-3 swings at them during their recovery frames after they attack.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what happened to ZDR

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

homeless snail posted:

what happened to ZDR

Zelda Dream Racing got delayed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
7 clancer kids is as much of a nightmare as i thought it would be. jesus loving christ the A rank is strict

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Monkey Fracas posted:

Maybe you are looking for Tropico.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
If Ryu has to go super-evil-murder-form to beat Akuma doesn't that kind of prove Akuma right?

Is Akuma the real hero of the street fighter franchise?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
managed to get an A on 7 clancer kids. apparently that's basically the last difficult level to run, thank loving god

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

If Ryu has to go super-evil-murder-form to beat Akuma doesn't that kind of prove Akuma right?

Is Akuma the real hero of the street fighter franchise?

Akuma guest stars in Tekken 7 to tell Heihachi that he dropped the ball as a husband and father. He is arguably the most morally good character in the main story

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Akuma is deceitful and a liar. His name would have you believe he is some kind of a bear but clearly he's just a guy.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Sometimes you know deep down that it's probably wrong to throw family members off of cliffs but you just need a good friend to say it out loud

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i only like Ryus that change into dragons.

so Liu Kang

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

School of How
Jul 6, 2013

quite frankly I don't believe this talk about the market
There is this game that I randomly installed on my android phone which I know is not a great game on any objective measure, but I really enjoy playing it. The game is called Final Fantasy: A New Empire. Its a game where you gather resources, upgrade buildings, and attack other empires. My question is: what is the best game for android in this genre?

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Akuma guest stars in Tekken 7 to tell Heihachi that he dropped the ball as a husband and father. He is arguably the most morally good character in the main story
I feel it's unfair to criticize Heihachi's parenting skills

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

PantsBandit posted:

Sometimes you know deep down that it's probably wrong to throw family members off of cliffs but you just need a good friend to say it out loud

Actually, throwing your son off a cliff cause he's got the wrong genes is good and cool

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

School of How posted:

There is this game that I randomly installed on my android phone which I know is not a great game on any objective measure, but I really enjoy playing it. The game is called Final Fantasy: A New Empire. Its a game where you gather resources, upgrade buildings, and attack other empires. My question is: what is the best game for android in this genre?

That's like asking for the best moba

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

School of How posted:

Clash of Clans is still probably the least horrible of the genre, which says a lot because it's pretty horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

threw his son off a cliff because he was playing clash of clans

got that devil gene in 'em

• Locked thread