Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

From Iceman #6 this week. I wish the last Herc book had been better, but at least it was enough to remind people writing good books that Herc exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cabbit posted:

From Iceman #6 this week. I wish the last Herc book had been better, but at least it was enough to remind people writing good books that Herc exists.

Oh, have they actually reverted Herc back to The One People Like?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Mostly. Still less of a joke but more light-hearted, still has a lot of modern weapons because why not. He goes to a gay club with Iceman to act as wingman (along with the rest of the Champions).

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

What book(s) where these in?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SilverSupernova posted:

What book(s) where these in?

Cabbit posted:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Oh. Wasn't sure if any of this happened in other books like whichever Avengers book he's in.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Cabbit posted:

Mostly. Still less of a joke but more light-hearted, still has a lot of modern weapons because why not. He goes to a gay club with Iceman to act as wingman (along with the rest of the Champions).

Wolverine from X-treme X-men should be there

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

bobkatt013 posted:

Wolverine from X-treme X-men should be there

I'm sad writers forgot about him, and that we're going to get OG Logan back instead. Wasn't his last appearance supposed to be him saying he'll go to the underworld to get Herc back from Hades or something?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

SilverSupernova posted:

Oh. Wasn't sure if any of this happened in other books like whichever Avengers book he's in.

He shows up briefly in the Legacy Avengers book and he seems pretty upbeat there as well, especially as it relates to getting to punch stuff with Amadeus, but that's about it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GPTribefan posted:

That still can't beat Cold Slither, where COBRA went bankrupt, forcing most of the soldiers to go to the unemployment line. The solution? Start a rock band and hypnotically control radio listeners to buy their album and attend their concert!

Listen to the WHM Animation Damnation episode on this for maximum hilarity.

Feels like a missed opportunity for a Jem crossover

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

what if bruce wayne got the green lantern ring

just after his parents were shot

Oh, he'd turn into a freakishly buff boy.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Didn't they already do this as an Elseworlds?

EDIT: I guess he got it when he was sitting waiting for a bat to crash through the window in that one.

joehonkie fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 5, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spider-Man #21

Miles returned home from an adventure in Glorious Nippon and brought Ganke a present.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Scott Lang is trying to be politically correct but he can't stop watching Fox News.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

One of the little tidbits I love in the actual DC universe is during the Sinestro Corps War when Bruce gets offered a yellow ring and is like What the Hell

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
A portly villain called the Penguin getting gruesomely torn apart in space after being dragged there by a murderous child is really what comics needed.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

zoux posted:

One of the little tidbits I love in the actual DC universe is during the Sinestro Corps War when Bruce gets offered a yellow ring and is like What the Hell
Who the gently caress wrote this? a two year old?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Who the gently caress wrote this? a two year old?

I think a lot of elseworlds stuff is writers exercising the tiny Mark Millar that lives in their heads

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

So it turns out giving a horribly traumatized child an infinitely powerful weapon is not a good idea. Who knew.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cabbit posted:

So it turns out giving a horribly traumatized child an infinitely powerful weapon is not a good idea. Who knew.

The Guardians think that anyone as tall as them is as competent as them.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Lobok posted:

/Guardian shrugs at heaps of steaming bones, gestures to rollercoaster 'you must be...' sign

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Has there ever been an interaction between Catwoman and Dex-starr?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
DC is a loving trashfire if they're allowing that poo poo,jesus.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lobok posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dPbdyZRY6s

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I mean St that point it's on the ring/GLC for not stepping in

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You see the ENOUGH coming in from the top of the last panel, I assume that's Abin Sur or somebody.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

zoux posted:

Isn't yellow fear? Giving a yellow ring to someone whose identity is built on terrifying others makes more sense than giving John Stewart a purple one.

The point of this elseworld might be that, contra some writers, Batman is not defined by the pain, anger, and hatred he felt as a child, and a person who was would be terrible.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The idea that there is a whole multiverse of evil Batmen reminds me of how every Reed Richards is evil except for 616.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

hiddenriverninja posted:

The idea that there is a whole multiverse of evil Batmen reminds me of how every Reed Richards is evil except for 616.

If they had an invasion of evil Batmen, that could make Bruce interesting again.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Samovar posted:

If they had an invasion of evil Batmen, that could make Bruce interesting again.

That's literally what the "Metal" event or whatever it's called is and it isn't making him interesting again.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Doc Hawkins posted:

Isn't yellow fear? Giving a yellow ring to someone whose identity is built on terrifying others makes more sense than giving John Stewart a purple one.

His identity as Batman is built on fear, but this is way before he ever decided to become Batman. I think Red would make more sense in this case.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

DC is a loving trashfire if they're allowing that poo poo,jesus.

I would seriously love to know which editor got handed a sheet of paper with "proposal: 8 year old gets god powers right after seeing parents killed" written on it and thought "yes, this will be an interesting story that will explore a previously unexamined question regarding power and authority, and how emotional maturity is an important component of both."

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Thy should do another amalgam thing. All the different batmen vs all the different Reeds.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm glad that DC is finally getting around to using more of the new earths Morrison created for them to tell stories about kids going on killing sprees.

I can't wait to see Earth -26 and the evil Captain Carrot!

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

It kinda makes sense within the story. That's a Bruce of a "dark multiverse", an existence where reality is unstable and eventually crumbles, because its fundamentally wrong somehow. Like a world where gravity repels instead of attracts. They're worlds which shouldn't exist. The green lantern one is the worst so far, but the other two evil batmen shown weren't too bad. This one was a little too "fanfiction made by an edgy 14-year old" though

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just read it and it works a bit better in context. Also you're definitely not supposed to agree with him or think he's cool and badass.

zoux posted:

You see the ENOUGH coming in from the top of the last panel, I assume that's Abin Sur or somebody.

It's the guardians and the entire corps.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ferrule posted:

Thy should do another amalgam thing. All the different batmen vs all the different Reeds.

Perched high above, Batman watches as Reed Richards unknowingly approaches a laser tripwire and he mutters to himself "C'mon... Trip the light, Fantastic."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Just read it and it works a bit better in context. Also you're definitely not supposed to agree with him or think he's cool and badass.

It's the guardians and the entire corps.

Well too late because I do and he is.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lobok posted:

Perched high above, Batman watches as Reed Richards unknowingly approaches a laser tripwire and he mutters to himself "C'mon... Trip the light, Fantastic."

Little did Bruce know, this Reed already comes in slices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Wait, I thought the GL rings turned off if you tried to use them to kill?