Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
We got a loot a palooza key last night

I have no idea what the hell that deal was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

loving powerful engrams were poo poo last night, hopefully tonight's are good and I can poopsock enough to get exotics in the weapons and armor I need. Then use vendors to round it out.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

Denim Avenger posted:

Doing the raid tonight, I kept getting swept past the barriers early on the last one.

I've gotten into a habit of jumping the barrier after everything is clear to get myself lined up for the next phase and I was wondering if I kept getting pulled past because there's some sort of invisible timer on how long you can use a barrier or if Bungie put in some sort of trigger that pulls the player through if they're in contact with a barrier for too long? Because that's the most logical reason I could think of for why it kept happening to me, it's either that or something weird was happening.

If you're on the far right side, the last pull has a glitch where it will toss you at times of you don't crouch.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, Denim kept being tossed out last night and suddenly we had 4 during Calus cloud of aids clap. :3:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Tonight I raided
Got bombed a few times but won
SMG loot sucks

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

We got a loot a palooza key last night

I have no idea what the hell that deal was

You do some bullshit in the hangar with it and it gives you the Dance Party Key, which you use in the bazaar. I'm not joking.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Mailer posted:

Tonight I raided
Got bombed a few times but won
SMG loot sucks

SMGs are cool and good.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Instead of a bullet hose all I think of when I shoot SMG's is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeiW2yTFdn8

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you had smg's, try the mini tool. It's probably the easiest to use of the bunch and if you can't enjoy that one, then yeah, you a wuss that can't handle cool guns.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Anitlope + mob justice is fun with the smg pants

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Three Graves should have been the rally prize. The DO scout is just alright but boring. Three Graves is unique and interesting to use. I guess they didn't want 2 factions with a pulse as the prize, but Haunted Earth is not terribly exciting.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

xzzy posted:

If you had smg's, try the mini tool. It's probably the easiest to use of the bunch and if you can't enjoy that one, then yeah, you a wuss that can't handle cool guns.

The Omolon SMGs are really good too, and their perks can be customized to make them act as AR-lites, with slower rate of fire and high recoil control & aim assist. Phosphorus MG4 and Out of Options are the two guns to look out for.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Roman posted:

Three Graves should have been the rally prize. The DO scout is just alright but boring. Three Graves is unique and interesting to use. I guess they didn't want 2 factions with a pulse as the prize, but Haunted Earth is not terribly exciting.

All of the DO gun names are so terrible.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Brine posted:

The HC is pretty decent in crucible, faster RoF than Better Devil's archetype but same TTK if you're landing your shots.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Brine posted:

Well goths are terrible so props to Bungie for nailing the theme.

https://i.imgur.com/TeD3qQx.gifv

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The average Destiny 1 player care about shaders.

This is a different game now. Is not more about guns, or even cool dances. Thats too 2016. Is all about shaders now.

Heres my wishlist:

My favorite PvE shader would be something like this:

( name: Dynasty Hex)

And this for PvP:

( name: Female Invisible )

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

It's HM raid month, which means it's time to guess the added mechanics. Here's my guesses:

Castellum: none
Gauntlet: additional projection inside the ring which runners must punch
Baths: Fourth set of crystals to kill. Maybe respawning turrets in the middle
Dogs: no clue, man.
Calus: two projections to kill per cycle

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Has Bungie said anything about HM and permadeath?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm really interested to see what they do about it. The doom timer would have to go, yeah?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Maker Of Shoes posted:

IIRC Bungie said that they were removing it in favor of other penalties (if this is the revive token system/wipe within 30 seconds if you don't res I think it's a good balance)

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

LS said he personally dislikes the permadeath as well since it just made players call for a wipe immediately.

He didn't say what would be replacing it but my guess is that the revive ticket system is the same in prestige mode with the actual challenge coming from the encounter itself.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Challenge mode will be they randomly change the time step of the game every 10 seconds. So sometimes everything is in super slo-mo, sometimes it's insanely fast. The hard part is adjusting properly when the value changes!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Emron posted:

It's HM raid month, which means it's time to guess the added mechanics. Here's my guesses:

some cabal variation of the moving laser grids to jump through like in the pyramidion strike

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

2 extra dogs so there's one at every flower and to gently caress with everyone's memorized routes

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

LS said he personally dislikes the permadeath as well since it just made players call for a wipe immediately.

He didn't say what would be replacing it but my guess is that the revive ticket system is the same in prestige mode with the actual challenge coming from the encounter itself.

One rez per raid.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Adregan posted:

This is wrong. I deleted my warlock and re-levels one. Still had all my exotic armors that I discovered on my warlock in my collections tab in the vault. I do know for a fact that if you delete a character and re-level another of the same type you do not get another three bright engrams for reaching twenty and completing the story missions.

Are you serious! One of the top guys (Luke Smith) is a Scarb Lord from WoW. Besides I know they have to do cross idea bounces off the Blizzard guys being under Activisions umbrella.

Let me rephrase; Bungie needs to bring in a couple raid designers from an actual MMO. If Scarab Lord is some hardcore elite raiding achievement, then that's the worst possible person to do raid design.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Emron posted:

Castellum: none
Baths: Fourth set of crystals to kill. Maybe respawning turrets in the middle
Calus: two projections to kill per cycle

Castellum: more of the bubble guys? people will skip the castellum more
Gauntlet: more bubble guys and adds
Baths: Some sort of boss spawnin in the center that everyone have to help to kill
Dogs: more cabal, the cloud is toxic and damage players so they must be fast, more dogs
Calus: bubble guys shooting homing magic missiles, more adds.

tl:dr
+bubbles

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

kzin602 posted:

Let me rephrase; Bungie needs to bring in a couple raid designers from an actual MMO. If Scarab Lord is some hardcore elite raiding achievement, then that's the worst possible person to do raid design.

What

Seriously, what

I don't like wow either but it's literally light years ahead of every other mmorpg, especially its raids

Dismissing wow as not 'an actual MMO' is pants-on-head retarded sorry, gatekeep harder

edit: if you can name a raid from an actual mmo in your estimation I'd love to hear all about it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

kzin602 posted:

If Scarab Lord is some hardcore elite raiding achievement, then that's the worst possible person to do raid design.

Way back in the day in WoW there was a raid that had to be unlocked by a server-wide community effort, culminating in the concentration of effort and gathered power onto a single player (per server) who would perform the final step of the unlocking- meaning it was inevitably a leading member of a top clan. These players were awarded the title of Scarab Lord and there were only a small handful of them ever.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

kzin602 posted:

They did. That's how we got the choreographed dance routine that was the Oryx fight.

Well, I'm not sure they came from an actual successful MMO. But they made announcements about bringing in dedicated encounter designers to improve the fights.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

What

Seriously, what

I don't like wow either but it's literally light years ahead of every other mmorpg, especially its raids

Dismissing wow as not 'an actual MMO' is pants-on-head retarded sorry, gatekeep harder

edit: if you can name a raid from an actual mmo in your estimation I'd love to hear all about it

I think you misread or I wasn't clear. Ofc WoW is a 'real' MMO with good raids.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

kzin602 posted:

Actually, it's the best, which we have seen with his first raid he over saw design of, Vault of Glass.

Making a person that has such an enriched background in raiding in one of the better MMO's (WoW) is, I feel, one of the better decisions you can make for a game that has some-what of the same features and mechanics as a MMO. The hardcore raiders know what to do to prepare for a raid and how to execute.

I see what your saying, but when you think of the mechanics you can make for a 40 man, 20 man, even 10 man raid group in a MMO versus a first person shooter with a limit of six members to a fireteam and abilities, you are really limited on what you can and can't do.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Scarb Lord don't mean poo poo. Just a popularity contest.

Now... if LS was a clearing Naxx 40 as a main tank or healer - then I'll suck his rear end clean.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bring back VoG, I want bullet sponge bosses. :colbert:

Every raid Bungie has done since has been an attempt to one-up their previous raid with more elaborate mechanics that get hosed up by minor lag or glitches where the boss freaks the gently caress out and murders everyone instantly.

To be fair, Atheon had some fussiness too when it came to teleports or the relic carrier dying but at least the objective was simple: get the relic, kill oracles, get out.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Scarb Lord don't mean poo poo. Just a popularity contest.

Now... if LS was a clearing Naxx 40 as a main tank or healer - then I'll suck his rear end clean.

Naw, staring at spreadsheets is fun.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

kzin602 posted:

I think you misread or I wasn't clear. Ofc WoW is a 'real' MMO with good raids.

Yea I misread. You wanted an actual Blizzard raid designer and somehow I thought LS was one of them but he's just a guy who got scarab lord and didn't actually design anything beforehand

Come to think of it, how did LS get hired in the first place anyway, his resume didn't seem that relevant for the time~? He was a games journo and a shut-in neckbeard

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i loving love throwing grenades at the boss's feet until he falls into the void

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Come to think of it, how did LS get hired in the first place anyway, his resume didn't seem that relevant for the time~? He was a games journo and a shut-in neckbeard

He was hired as a community manager. He had Deej's job.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The Omolon SMGs are really good too, and their perks can be customized to make them act as AR-lites, with slower rate of fire and high recoil control & aim assist. Phosphorus MG4 and Out of Options are the two guns to look out for.

I do like Phosphorous; the Focus Fire perk actually works well on SMGs.

Try magdumping it a few times non-ADS and marvel at how Dynamic Sway Reduction narrows the bullets into a laser after a short time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

moist turtleneck posted:

i loving love throwing grenades at the boss's feet until he falls into the void

Free mythoclasts for everyone!