Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like games where I can behave like a jackass and get my friends killed which is why I am obsessed with PUBG right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
PUBG is so drat fun, though my first chicken dinner still eludes me. May the game never leave early access.

Edit: noooooooo

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 5, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

fishing with the fam posted:

PUBG is so drat fun, though my first chicken dinner still alludes me. May the game never leave early access.

Motherfucker, mind your homophones

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm always the weak link in my pubg games with friend so I try to be useful by carrying the gas can and picking up gun attatchments and ammo in the beginning for my teammates to use hopefully they can get the first aid off my corpse :negative:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm always the weak link in my pubg games with friend so I try to be useful by carrying the gas can and picking up gun attatchments and ammo in the beginning for my teammates to use hopefully they can get the first aid off my corpse :negative:

I mean if you wanna RP as a Quaker that's fine but kinda weird

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My favorite thing in PUBG is to get my dumb friends into a Dacia with me, then drive around holding the horn down so everyone knows where we are

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

axeil posted:

I just started playing Diablo II: Eastern Sun and god drat is it fun. I'm a bit worried about how enjoyable it is.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3797978

Why would you show me this?? I'm trying to stay employed!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Why would you show me this?? I'm trying to stay employed!

I didn't know it existed either and I'm sitting here like :stare: trying not to go register and download. D2 was so fun.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I met my coworkers today.

They all suck.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
^^^^Well they are likely Niners fans heyoooo illl see myself out

weird Asian candy posted:

I didn't know it existed either and I'm sitting here like :stare: trying not to go register and download. D2 was so fun.

:same:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Kazuo Ishiguro is a Nobel Prize winner. :3:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

weird Asian candy posted:

Sadly the server doesn't exist but there's some posts on the last 2-3 pages that outline how you can install the single player version.

It's Real Good.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Kazuo Ishiguro is a Nobel Prize winner. :3:

It's so loving weird

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

axeil posted:

Sadly the server doesn't exist but there's some posts on the last 2-3 pages that outline how you can install the single player version.

It's Real Good.

Can you connect locally to other machines on your network?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

axeil posted:

It's Real Good.

Single player is fine. I don't give a gently caress about PvP. I just want loot and redonk dungeons. D3 was fun for a while but the end game got boring real quick because I had to grind to do the cool dungeons. Dumb poo poo, Blizzard.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fishing with the fam posted:

PUBG is so drat fun, though my first chicken dinner still eludes me. May the game never leave early access.

Edit: noooooooo

I got my first solo chicken dinner the first day I played. Haven't had another solo one since.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I really need to stop playing rocket league. That community is so toxic. I should really play through MGS5.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

seiferguy posted:

I really need to stop playing rocket league. That community is so toxic. I should really play through MGS5.

Literally every competitive mp scene is toxic

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Does PUBG take a lot of computer to play?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

Does PUBG take a lot of computer to play?

No, but you will be at a serious disadvantage playing against dudes with UHD screens running 70frames/s.

I play with some guys who have insane rigs and they can spot guys who look like pixels on my screen.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Literally every competitive mp scene is toxic

Hearthstone is tolerable, mostly because they eliminate almost every way that players could communicate.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Hearthstone is tolerable, mostly because they eliminate almost every way that players could communicate.

It's why Dark Souls has the best community ever for MP

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Alaois posted:

i like fighting games

i like the king of fighters

I love playing fighting games with my friends when we hang out. New KoF is fun and all but Kensou feels awkward and slow now and I can't forgive that. RIP my main since KoF95

Leperflesh posted:

I've been playing Darkest Dungeon lately. The game updates its save continuously so you can stop playing at any moment without losing any progress, and also there's no way to savescum so you just plow forward with whatever happens.

I played a lot of Darkest Dungeon last year but it started to bug me how the game seems to expect you to grind for resources later on. The mood and setup are top notch though

e:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's why Dark Souls has the best community ever for MP

((hwelloh))

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Can we talk about how e-sports are the worst development in the history of the human experience?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Horny Weinstein: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/harvey-weinstein-harassment-allegations.html

Yeah, MP where you can't actually communicate with the random other people playing is pretty great.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Lol I just got the buzz on my phone

NYT has been sitting on this for a week waiting to unleash hell

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can we talk about how e-sports are the worst development in the history of the human experience?

The best thing is when E3 press conferences try to promote games with it by having fake E-sports commentary over gameplay, which is just magnificently terrible.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

"republicans and democrats are the same"

source

The primary difference between republicans and democrats is still not economics, it's racism, classism, xenophobia, distrust of government, and pro- vs. anti-regulation. The largest and most critical and widening gap is sympathy for the poor. And the only indicator where the average american agrees (>50%) is that government is almost always wasteful and inefficient; in all other measures taken, republicans are opposed to the majority opinion.

The largest indicator of which side of these issues you land on is brand identity party affiliation, and the gap has grown massively since 1994:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

The best thing is when E3 press conferences try to promote games with it by having fake E-sports commentary over gameplay, which is just magnificently terrible.

I am a fan of multiplayer games at e3 that do the same

The e3 demo of Tom Clancy Wildlands was hilarious

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

The thing is, people saying that are almost talking about the politicians themselves, not the voters.

Republican voters are immensely terrible people

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

There are a couple of historical examples of horseshoe theory when it comes to realignments but, in my anecdotal experience, the "both sides are the same" drum gets beat when someone complains about politicians looking out for moneyed/corporate interests over their constituents. And then that feeling whitewashes all the other nuances and repercussions of voting.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dota commentary is amazing just for how much they have to know.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

That lower left one, wow.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The way that timeline works, that has to be the BLM movement finally cracking the democrats, right? There's no way that's anything besides the rise of camera footage of cops just gunning down black people constantly.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
yeah that one is both inspiring and crazy disheartening at the same time.

e: "independents" dropped 10 points in the same timeframe, so yeah, i'd say it's definitely influenced by Black Lives Matter.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Another fun bit is when the Republicans got all patriotic (top two on the left) due to 9/11.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

No, but you will be at a serious disadvantage playing against dudes with UHD screens running 70frames/s.

I play with some guys who have insane rigs and they can spot guys who look like pixels on my screen.

I thought everyone ran at the lowest settings to avoid lag regardless of how beastly their rig is I have a pretty good rig and run it at low for same reasons

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Dota commentary is amazing just for how much they have to know.

It's me, I'm the one watching Dota and appreciating all the nonsense mechanics and interactions they have to keep up with

e:

Its Rinaldo posted:

I thought everyone ran at the lowest settings to avoid lag regardless of how beastly their rig is I have a pretty good rig and run it at low for same reasons

isn't there something about the settings being locked for a lot of options or did I misunderstand something

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah. "But what about black-on-black violence" is the refrain I hear the most, probably because Fox News has been repeating it daily for decades.

Kalli posted:

The thing is, people saying that are almost talking about the politicians themselves, not the voters.

Republican voters are immensely terrible people

Yeah, except that it's plainly obvious that Republican politicians respond to their voters' biases, and even encourage them by throwing them red meat. The partisan divide is clearly reflected in policy.

Kalli posted:

The way that timeline works, that has to be the BLM movement finally cracking the democrats, right? There's no way that's anything besides the rise of camera footage of cops just gunning down black people constantly.
I think the last four dots roughly correspond to the Obama administration. The upward bump on the republican side may be influenced by "we have a black president therefore blacks are no longer at a disadvantage", but yeah probably the rise of the ubiquity of cams has something to do with it. Although Rodney King was beaten half to death in 1991, so the entire chart covers an era of increasingly ubiquitous footage of police brutality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I remember spending every week of the Obama administration calling my representatives to beg for my life. I think there is blame on both sides.

• Locked thread