Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
So there are actually some interesting games this week!

AFC
Syria and Australia have a two-legged contest on Thursday and Tuesday. It would be an incredible upset if Syria manages to pull this off. Winner plays the 4th place CONCACAF team, which could very well be the USMNT.

CAF
I dunno. There's another round of games in November. No group has a clinched qualifier yet so at least every game matters.

CONCACAF
Lol the USMNT is a loving travesty and needs to get at least 2 points from their last two games just to clinch the playoff spot. But amazingly, they could back into the playoff spot if Honduras loses to Costa Rica and Mexico and T&T loses to Mexico.

CONMEBOL
This is the good poo poo. Brazil has qualified, and Bolivia and Venezuela are eliminated. The other 7 teams are fighting for 4.5 spots, and it's almost guaranteed that either Argentina or Chile will fail to qualify. The ensuing riots will undoubtedly be impressive. Argentina plays Tuesday in Quito and will lose. Chile finishes against Brazil, who don't have anything to play for other than humiliating Chile.

UEFA
Goddamn Belgium is the only team to clinch top of their group. Every other group is still up for grabs (sort of). In group A, you can chortle at the Netherlands failing to qualify. In Group B, Switzerland and Portugal will play on Tuesday to decide the group winner, unless Portugal drops points tomorrow. Group C is pretty much decided. In Group D, Ireland and Wales will play Monday, and that'll likely determine the second place slot.

Group E has some good poo poo. Montenegro needs to take points off of Denmark and/or Team Lewandowski to finish in the top 2 (or potentially take 1st if Poland somehow slips up to against Armenia). Group F has Scotland playing Slovakia and then Slovenia, all of whom are fighting for second place. England clinches with a single point, and they play Lithuania on Monday. In Group G, it would take some bizarre results for any finish besides Spain at top and Italy below. Group H has 3 terrible teams fighting for second place, and that team has a good chance of not making the playoffs. Lastly, Group I has four similarly matched teams who you probably don't about : Croatia, Iceland, Turkey, and the Ukraine. Iceland and the Ukraine have 3 free points against Kosovo, so the Turkey/Iceland match Friday is probably the most important.

UEFA still has a loving playoff round in November.

Aggro fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Aggro posted:

So there are actually some interesting games

AFC
Syria and Australia have a two-legged contest on Thursday and Tuesday.

bit harsh on Syria

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
A lot of unnecessary profanity in the op imho

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
SYR v AUS is on the youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIoZVb9Kchc

Unfortunately the pitch is bad and so are the players

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Ugh, when I saw Iranian refs would be officiating I knew they would pull this poo poo.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Not available in US :(

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kilson posted:

Not available in US :(

It's ok, the match has been over for two hours.

It was streaming on watchespn in the US.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Shrapnig posted:

It's ok, the match has been over for two hours.

It was streaming on watchespn in the US.

So what was the result then?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Moktaro posted:

So what was the result then?

1-1

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Ox is starting for England.

England: Hart; Walker, Stones, Cahill, Bertrand; Dier, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Sterling, Kane, Rashford.

Slovenia: Oblak; Struna, Mevlja, Cesar, Jokic; Bezjak, Krhin, Rotman, Verbic; Ilicic; Sporar.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Shrapnig posted:

The Ox is starting for England.

England: Hart; Walker, Stones, Cahill, Bertrand; Dier, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Sterling, Kane, Rashford.

Slovenia: Oblak; Struna, Mevlja, Cesar, Jokic; Bezjak, Krhin, Rotman, Verbic; Ilicic; Sporar.

two baddest teams

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Lee Dixon claims that Sterling is "arguably" playing in a better team at City than for England.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Wembley pitch looks really bad and I'm glad.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://imgtc.com/w/M9LaUjX

phwoaaarrrrrr

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

:captainpop:

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
For anyone not watching, England are playing like poo poo and the Slovenian coach looks like Jimmy Stewart. That's it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
we suck

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Christian Eriksen ftw

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Goddamm Griffiths looks like poo poo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Once we get over the fact that all their players are dressed as goalies we'll, as a great team, get it together and win this easy.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i don't think it's coming home

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
lol imagine getting scored on by loving sandro wagner lol

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Scotland game is a corker lads

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
drat rashford is good

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Good goal by Malta against Lithuania.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
this england game is loving shite

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

JFairfax posted:

actually it was pretty funny watching oxcham lose the ball and then fall over

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

JFairfax posted:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Someone gif those Slovak saves

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That was one hell of a goal.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Outside of the one decent chance this England game has been loving poo poo.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

loving hell Rashford you manc twat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What a poo poo sub lol

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Sterling is dog poo poo when he's not being setup with tap-ins by Man City.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Why don't they want to score goals?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Eric Dier isn't ever even adventurous enough to pass the ball sideways.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Lingard? What the gently caress

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Wow Can is somehow way the gently caress worse than I even remembered.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Healbot posted:

Wow Can is somehow way the gently caress worse than I even remembered.

What position is he playing

Is he doing his "I can't be bothered to defend" defensive midfield role or his "I cannot control a ball" central midfield role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

He's currently playing the role of slightly mobile training pylon that loses the ball to Northern Irish players, somewhere around the midfield.

• Locked thread