Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Feel free to come back to your thread and set the record straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

echinopsis posted:

lol
honestly it seems like the biggest burden and stress in my life is people on this forum thinking everything in my life is a million times worse than it is

best take a note from jew killer - keep my calm stable life from flowing over into my poo poo posting persona

anthonypants posted:

he'll eventually post about how he's actually happy and well and as an aside mention that ignored everyone's advice so he's going to continue doing what he's been doing. it's his gimmick.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
[quote="“anthonypants”" post="“477069167”"]

[/quote]

eventually everything will be sweet: that's a good thing right?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

echinopsis posted:

lol
honestly it seems like the biggest burden and stress in my life is people on this forum thinking everything in my life is a million times worse than it is

best take a note from jew killer - keep my calm stable life from flowing over into my poo poo posting persona

you are living in your ex-wife's basement posting jokes about prostituting yourself for a graphics card. i am not sure there exists much worse than that

your situation is genuinely troubling

you, yourself, have told us your wife misses the man she married. what happened to him, in her eyes? what happened to that man, in your view?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
the thing to remember is that your life is both valuable and salvageable, echo penis

your situation is pretty hosed but it can be un-hosed. no one is dead. it is not too late to take corrective action

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the thing to remember is that your life is both valuable and salvageable, echo penis

your situation is pretty hosed but it can be un-hosed. no one is dead. it is not too late to take corrective action

nbsd is usually wrong but this time he's right

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

echinopsis posted:

eventually everything will be sweet: that's a good thing right?

Maybe, maybe not, it depends on you, mate. You keep running away from the things you started, like your marriage or your E/N thread, then no, everything will not be sweet again. You see, there are these things called "consequences," which are the results of your choices and actions, or inaction as the case may be. Said "consequences" are unlikely to be sweet if you decide to abdicate your responsibilities and just let things unspool on their own.

Coming back to the E/N thread wasn't a suggestion, by the way.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The sweet irony of life: you've got the newest fastest video card, but your rear end hurts too much to sit down and game

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The sweet irony of life: you've got the newest fastest video card, but your rear end hurts too much to sit down and game

Wait, echi does G4P now?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Schadenboner posted:

Wait, echi does G4P now?

ATM4GPU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

Wait, echi does G4P now?

He is living in his ex-wife's basement doing anal for computer parts so he can play video games. He insists that nothing is wrong, which fits most patterns of addiction I've ever seen.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

2 teraflops power bottom

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
[quote="“Bobbie Wickham”" post="“477083374”"]
You keep running away from the things you started, like your marriage or your E/N thread,
[/quote]

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you are living in your ex-wife's basement posting jokes about prostituting yourself for a graphics card. i am not sure there exists much worse than that

your situation is genuinely troubling

you, yourself, have told us your wife misses the man she married. what happened to him, in her eyes? what happened to that man, in your view?

im not fuckin living in a basement jesus christ

that man grew up. as did she.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
he has been sequestered to the SECOND FLOOR thank you much

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

echinopsis posted:

that man grew up. as did she.

Wait, how many times has your wife been married?

Come back to your thread, Mr. Man-Man, or your grown rear end self is getting probated.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Come back to your thread, Mr. Man-Man, or your grown rear end self is getting probated.

how about you take your busybody-rear end self back to whatever three-click deep subbasement forum you overmoderate?

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

how about you take your busybody-rear end self back to whatever three-click deep subbasement forum you overmoderate?

Mmmmm, nope. This is part of the job.

Edit: I want to be fair and warn Echi that he's looking at a long probation before I take action, so he can't come back and :qq: about how unfair it is that he was expected to adhere to the rules.

Bobbie Wickham fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Oct 6, 2017

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i always thought bobbie wickham would have been a perfect match for bertie

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol don't stand up for echinopsis

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lol just lol

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol don't stand up for echinopsis

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

NoneMoreNegative posted:

:cripes:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

NoneMoreNegative posted:

turn left nmn noooooo

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

prefect posted:

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

prefect posted:

I read that in Woodhouse's voice, and it's fitting. It also makes me sad that there's no more Woodhouse.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Wow Echidnapenis, I'm very sorry to hear all this. I sincerely hope you can work stuff out and get to a better place.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

NoneMoreNegative posted:

savage

pram
Jun 10, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

owned

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Mmmmm, nope. This is part of the job.

Edit: I want to be fair and warn Echi that he's looking at a long probation before I take action, so he can't come back and :qq: about how unfair it is that he was expected to adhere to the rules.

Nobody loving cares Just give him a 6er . Why are you here

pram
Jun 10, 2001
it’s part of the job. maintaining the integrity of E/N threads on a dead as gently caress 20 year old forum is important

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

pram posted:

it’s part of the job. maintaining the integrity of E/N threads on a dead as gently caress 20 year old forum is important

:agreed:

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

pram posted:

This guy gets it.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
so can we use this for computer problems again

I made a DOS vm in VMware player for running lovely DOS games and swapping disk images is being a bitxh. like it says insert disk 2 so I disconnect the drive, change the disk image, reconnect, tell the program to continue and it tells me it's the wrong disk. I close the setup program and dir and it shows me garbage. same if I just swap the image without disconnecting the drive. the only thing that works is disconnect the drive, tell the program to continue, get the abort, retry, fail prompt, swap the image, reconnect, retry, then it reads

my best guess is it's reading the new disk with the old fat or smth but I thought so read the fat on every access because the physical drives had no way to indicate when a disk was swapped either? idk

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I made a DOS vm in VMware player for running lovely DOS games and swapping disk images is being a bitxh. like , tell the program to continue and it tells me it's the wrong disk. I close the setup program and dir and it shows me garbage. same if I just swap the image without disconnecting the drive. the only thing that works is disconnect the drive, tell the program to continue, get the abort, retry, fail prompt, swap the image, reconnect, retry, then it reads

my best guess is it's reading the new disk with the old fat or smth but I thought so read the fat on every access because the physical drives had no way to indicate when a disk was swapped either? idk
there's not a way to replace the disk image without disconnecting the drive?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i've been using a cheap nas (netgear readynas nvx/rndx400e) for the past seven and a half years and it looks like the power supply died. what do i do
- do surgery on an atx power supply i have lying around, because this nas doesn't use a standard atx pinout, and get it back up and working
- invest in some sata cables and get some sort of raid in my desktop. two raid 0? raid 5? raid 10? p sure my case and psu can handle four more disks
- send the nas to some lucky yosposter for yosmas and tell them it's a puzzle

not too worried about having lost everything on the disks, already decided i'm gonna build a replacement

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 25, 2017

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i don't see how this relates to alcoholism resulting in the dissolution of a marriage

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

shut up anime dog tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I made a DOS vm in VMware player for running lovely DOS games and swapping disk images is being a bitxh. like it says insert disk 2 so I disconnect the drive, change the disk image, reconnect, tell the program to continue and it tells me it's the wrong disk. I close the setup program and dir and it shows me garbage. same if I just swap the image without disconnecting the drive. the only thing that works is disconnect the drive, tell the program to continue, get the abort, retry, fail prompt, swap the image, reconnect, retry, then it reads

Just use dosbox