Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Just got this bad boy. That.....wasn't terrible. However I still have 11 weapons left to grind for. That seems more terrible.
Only 500+ more fates to go then! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Since the first three weapons are "cheap", it's more like 650+ :v:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Not a BhootY, but I like it.

While I'm at it, I like this outfit, though I feel like it'd be better on a MCH than a RDM

Tamayachi fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Oct 5, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_1/#content_11

new mounts, minion, hairstyle and emotes section on this site now.

Kinda like the hair on the girl but depends what the party at the back is like.
This game needs a modular hair system where you can pick and choose what you want.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I have yet to do Behemoth, Coeurlregina, and Prey Online. Do they just spawn randomly?

They have windows, and after they appear it's a few days before they can appear again.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

More chairs for the chair throne.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_1/#content_11

new mounts, minion, hairstyle and emotes section on this site now.

Kinda like the hair on the girl but depends what the party at the back is like.
This game needs a modular hair system where you can pick and choose what you want.

More hair so I can spend more time at Jandelaine's.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Wacky Delly posted:

More hair so I can spend more time at Jandelaine's.

Jandelaine is cool and good and my friend, so this is nice. The korpokkur mount is kinda cute, and it'll look completely ridiculous with a Roe or Elezen riding it, which is always a plus.

Tamayachi posted:

While I'm at it, I like this outfit, though I feel like it'd be better on a MCH than a RDM

Cowgirl is one of the acceptable looks for MCH (the others are pirate and gunmage), so yeah you're going to have to level it now. Sorry! Try not to go crazy from levels 41-49!

Speaking of which, I dinged 70 on MCH last night. My character is happy, goons, and she just wanted to let you know that. The Elezen /happy emote is completely over the top and it's adorable. :kimchi:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Brainamp posted:

More chairs for the chair throne.

Cardinal Fang! Fetch...THE COMFY CHAIR!

a kitten fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 5, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

a kitten posted:

Cardinal Fang! Fetch...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Well, this is just going to be mandatory for me and my spanish inquisition glamour

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Looks like the MB is picking back up. I'm hoping I come home to my retainers having sold some $$$ poo poo versus me trying to get rich 1k gil at a time.

I NEED MORE ZEROES

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
New interview information!

quote:

Return to Ivalice.
*The rewards will be left side gear and no accessories.
*You will also be able to obtain one item per week which you can trade for items such as the Lost allagan twine.
*Two of the bosses were designed by Keita Amemiya.
*They'll go all out with FFT and FFXII elements.
*They put a lot of effort into the battle with a ton of new mechanics.
*The difficulty will be around the same as the usual alliance raids.
*The alliance raid roulette will not include the ivalice raid.

So basically, the same as all past raids.

quote:

The unending coil of Bahamut (Ultimate)
*The entire battle is long.
*Clearing it will be an extremely tough experience.
*The person in charge said "There's no way i'd allow players to restart half way through the battle" (note:like the 2nd half of exdeath).
*They made each phase transition clear, so there's a sense of accomplishment of gradually moving forward, but there is also a lot of fatigue involved.
*The fight is basically about dealing with mechanics, but there is a rather strict DPS check at the start.
*The twister dive isn't some sort of special mechanic and it shows up numerous times as a base mechanic.
*A lot of randomness is involved and every player needs to be able to deal with each and every mechanic they are in charge of (assigned to by the fight).
*Especially Black mages might have a hard time in the early stages (note:probably during the learning process).
*The reason they decided to implement "Ultimate" is because the average player skills of those longtime players have increased and players have had less of an opportunity to go through the "dancing experience" (Note: He uses the term "kirikirimai" here, which is a type of Japanese dance and also a metaphor to"be rushed off your feet" ) they used to have.
*Back in the planning stages, they were having trouble deciding to choose Titan or Bahamut for the ultimate fight.

Have fun, Fister.

quote:

Shinryu (Extreme).
*The difficulty rests between O2 and O3 savage.
*The reward will be weapons and the item level will be what players are expecting. (Note: Players are expecting 335)
*The first half will be an extension of the existing Shinryu fight, but the second half will be a totally different fight.

quote:

Lost Canals of Uznair.
*If you don't want to risk it, you should have 8 members in you party.
*Each party member will receive a reward that easily surpasses one million gil, if you win all five of the "all or nothing" games.
*The new map to enter the new floors are untradable.
*The materials required to craft the new items in 4.1 are also obtainable in these new floors.

:getin: MY BODY IS READY

quote:

Rival wings and pvp adjustments as a whole.
[Rival wings]
*You can participate from level 30.
*You will always be matched up as a 24 man team (assuming there's no 8v8 like frontlines). The game will begin either way, even if someone withdraws during the queue pop and the game will look for a replacement.
*There are 3 types of goblin robots and each of them have characteristics.
*There is no time limit for riding these robots.
*One game is aimed to last for approximately 20 minutes and there are rewards that match that length (note:probably talking about the amount of tomestones you receive).
*They do have achievements for rival wings, but they want players to wait and look forward for it until they see it themselves.
[The feast]
*Their main focus for pvp is the feast, so the addition of new content (like rival wings) will not make job balancing complicated in any way.
*There will be adjustments to the matching system in 4.1 where you get matched up with players closer to your rank "as your rank goes up".
*The "Alt character problem" is very difficult to solve, but after they implement the "team registration system" in the future, they do think the amount of alts will decrease.
*With the "Team registration system" they are adding in the future, they are considering implementing a rule where your ratings decline after not playing for a certain amount of time.

quote:

Perform feature.
*You will only be able to use the harp in 4.15.
*The perform feature will have three octaves.
*They deliberately made it so you cannot macro songs.
*Instruments such as flutes that already have animations (created for bards) will be added as soon as possible.
*Future updates to this feature will include adding new timbres/tones and adding effects to the animation when you control your character during your performance.

quote:

Job adjustments.
[Dragoon]
*Dragoons are slow starters, so they fixed the job as whole.
*They also made adjustments to reduce the DPS loss caused by each penalty and closen the gap between the advanced players and casual players.
*The adjustments are mainly about raising the base damage and reducing the potency on the bonuses.
[Machinist]
*Raising their damage even more is...a little troublesome.
*Since they already have Astrologian as an example in the past, they are continuing to discuss the matter, including opinions like "We already did it with astrologian before, so maybe it's worth a try going in that direction". (Note: This is an opinion of one of the devs and not all of them)
[Scholar]
*Scholars will be too broken if they add over the top buffs, so they are going to observe the situation after the incoming changes in 4.1.
*They do talk about how there are many cases where Excogitation turns to waste without activating and it's difficult to use/understand.
[Others]
*All the "relic weapon" type of content will be mashed up in "Eureka".
*Regarding "Eureka", the content itself will have a "leveling type of concept". Edit: Additional info from theFamitsu interview:
*Eureka is not content that was created for the "relic weapons" alone. It's the other way around, where the new type of game play comes with "the weapon upgrading content". Eureka is a type of content where we want to send off players who enjoy gradually developing/building on their characters.
*Eureka is nothing like palace of the dead. It is an instanced zone, but it can hold a large amount of players and you can gather members through /shouts. You can enjoy it with a crowd of players and it's also created so you can play alone. However, the leveling process will be exhausting.
*The future expert roulettes will consist of 4 dungeons and one of the four dungeons will be chosen randomly (note: this does not mean they are adding 4 dungeons each patch).
*The rewards for the alliance raid roulette will be exp, gil, allagan tomestones and 2 mhachi matters which you can trade for grade V materia (note: not VI).
*4.1 will not have any crafting recipes that are harder to create than the ones added in 4.0.

quote:

Additional info from the full interview will be added below:
*The alliance roulette will give you tomestones of poetics, Verity and Creation.
*They will be making adjustments to make the Level 50~60 leveling easier for crafters. They will boost the exp you gain and increase the exp you get when you create NQ items.
*When talking about damage source alone, the overall balance within the same roles have lined up after 4.06, so there aren't many changes to direct damage dealt. The jp audience is a little loud when it comes to scholar, but from the data they have, they can see all 3 healers are rather close to equal. The top players prefer using scholar and a lot of them are using scholar, so they think the playerbase's "impression" on scholar is disurbing with the actual gap between the healers.
*For machinists, they understand players want more "utility", but from a third person's view, they acknowledge the balance between machinist and bard is fine and more and more players are using machinist now. They do think they can change the impression on machinists by adding something, but they are scared of overpowering machinists.
*GC squadrons will only have the "free" mode (one of the orders you give them) before you train them, so players will have a hard time at the beginning. They intetionally made it like that, because that's actually what makes it entertaining. For example, the healer prioritizes raising over healing, so there will be situations where you think "This healer just abandoned the ranged dps and started raising". There are also cute moments where the tank brings the boss with him and starts attacking the adds (facing them this way), but they think this is exactly what makes you start loving the squadrons. If your squadron's rank is already 5, you can challenge wanderers palace right away, but you can only use the "free" order, so the huge tonberries will stab every single one of them to death.
*The rewards that stand out the most from the squadrons will be the emotes. Sit ups and push ups will be obtainable, so they want players to spend their time and gradually obtain these.
*The level cap for the squadrons will be 60.
*You can take squadrons to dungeons while they are training, but you cannot take them while they are on a mission.
*Each Goblin robot has a different BGM when you ride them in rival wings.
*The entrance to the new floors for the lost canals are all under water. After usiing "dig" under water, no monsters will pop and the gate to the instance will open automatically.
*When a trap shows up to ask you if you want to double up with your rewards, they show you the rewards before you say yes/no. The "double or nothing" trap and the doors to the next room are a seperate mechanics, so you can continue moving forward even if you fail the "double or nothing" (of course, you lose what you bet). The new floors will have 3 doors instead of 2 we have now.
*There are certain methods to beat the rare monsters in these new floors, but they won't spoil how. They did say "it's obvious" how you deal with them.
*Yoshi-p cleared Shinryu ex on his second try. He received instructions on the mechanics of the fight, but since the other 7 were hardcore dev members, this won't be a good sample to judge the difficulty.
*Famitsu asked Yoshi-p how shinryu ex is compared to KoTr ex, he said it's difficult to say, because they were made by different dev members and the way they create each phase is different. He said some people might think O2s is harder, because some players measure difficutly with "is there a one shot mechanic (when someone does something wrong to wipe the party) or not?".
*Most of the dev members said o2s is way easier than Shinryu ex and after all, Yoshi-p thinks it's between o2s and o3s. If the tanks and healers do their jobs, you can still clear it with a few deaths, but on the other hand, if you queue up on raid finder with people who have already cleared the fight, you can still wipe over and over again. Yoshi-p is confident to say that Shinryu ex is easier than o3s, but he wasn't adamant about it either.
*Yoshi-p recommended Sudou (The man who makes all the hard content) to use Titan for the first "ultimate" fight, but Sudou said since it's the first one to introduce the "ultimate series", he wanted to choose Bahamut which has a lot of memories tied to it. Yoshi-p then said, if you use Bahamut first, the person who makes the 2nd fight will have a hard time (as in a higher hurdle), but Sudou said "That's the opposite. Going all out first is the point" and Yoshi-p commented on how manly he was. Sudou commented on how Titan already has a place in peoples' hearts, so someone else will probably be able to create it, but he didn't want to give Bahamut to any other dev. When Yoshi-p walks over to the team who are making adjustments to the ultimate fight, he hears weird laughs from them. At first, the testers were like "What the heck is this", but it shifted to those weird laughs (during september). All they say is "This is great".
*There a lot of phases and unless you are one of those world first racers, he recommends players to take it easy with the mindset of spending 3 months to clear it. The staff members were saying "We have no idea how long it will take, even for the world first team". Since patch 4.1 will not raise the item level cap, if the world first team cannot beat it in 3days, the other teams will have a much harder time. They know the top teams have amazing skills in solving mechanics which surpasses their expectations, but even then, Solving each puzzle and continuiing to play with zero mistakes will require a huge amount of concentration and cause mental fatigue. He begs players to make sure they don't over do it.
*Sudou (dev in charge of utimate Bahamut) has gained a lot of experience and can look at both sides of the coin when creating content now and he's an expert. He used to have the mentatlity "I'm going to show them hell", but he has become a little kinder and now he plans content for two sides. One for those "who enjoy hell" and those "who suffer from hell". He intentionally made a cruel hurdle to split those "who can pass here" and those "who can't". Yoshi-p praises him for his plans and specifications and he can't find a better example of a "battle content creator".
*The "next ultimate" fight is not limited to primals. Yoshi-p talked about how a "Ultimate crystal tower" is even a possibility. Back when they created the crystal tower, they were still new to the scene and weren't used to creating 24 man content and there was a lot more they could have done and they do have ideas and voices on what they wanted to do, so there is an open possibility on what they will do next.
Each of the members from the battle content team are hardcore players, so they enjoy talking about "if i were to make ultimate titan, i would make 4 islands and you move from one to another after the plat form is gone". *When Yoshi-p asked them "How do you dodge the 8 way land slide?", they said "Let's think about that after we make the content" and avoided the question. They said it casually, but it's a different task to actually make content and still they really look like they are having fun when they do tackle content creation.
*They heard feed back on how players want Ultimate Ultima weapon, so they want to continue with the "ultimate" series.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 5, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

quote:

*Instruments such as flutes that already have animations (created for bards) will be added as soon as possible.

Aside from flutes and harps, what other instruments are there?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hopefully some sweet bongos.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Aside from flutes and harps, what other instruments are there?

I like the idea some people had that MCH should get a similar system, but with stuff like electric guitars. Or keyboards.

Or a keytar. :getin:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Please don't pull until I finish my theremin solo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

we will all be scrooge mcduck now

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm glad the Ultimate thing is basically a WoW raid boss.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Please never make a Titan (Ultimate). :stonk:

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I like the idea some people had that MCH should get a similar system, but with stuff like electric guitars. Or keyboards.

Or a keytar. :getin:

Or a laser harp :v:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
By not allowing music macros they'll never reach the in-game performance majesty that is LotRO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTHTAndDRMY&t=21s

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Wait, you can perform music in the game, like in LotRO?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

After the next patch, yes. (Well, the initial update to the next patch.)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Please never make a Titan (Ultimate). :stonk:

One of six bomb patterns + double weights + sumo stomp. Followed by Titan summoning two full sized brothers for tag team landslides. (Landslide markers not visible)

Bow down, overdweller.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

quote:

GC squadrons will only have the "free" mode (one of the orders you give them) before you train them, so players will have a hard time at the beginning. They intetionally made it like that, because that's actually what makes it entertaining. For example, the healer prioritizes raising over healing, so there will be situations where you think "This healer just abandoned the ranged dps and started raising". There are also cute moments where the tank brings the boss with him and starts attacking the adds (facing them this way), but they think this is exactly what makes you start loving the squadrons. If your squadron's rank is already 5, you can challenge wanderers palace right away, but you can only use the "free" order, so the huge tonberries will stab every single one of them to death.
:wrong:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Titan's pretty played out.
Bahamut is eternally cool. The right choice was made.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Schneider Heim posted:

No. They specifically disable macros etc for playing music, so unless you have a keyboard laying around somewhere it's going to be quite poo poo.

Also, I'd play Titan (Turbo).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The harp's going to have three octaves and I think they said it's got sharps and flats too so you're going to be able to play some decent stuff if you have the knack for it.

Or a cheat sheet.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, but how the hell are you going to play it? Even pc keyboards are terrible for playing most music, and doing it on a controller is going to be a bloody nightmare.

This might finally make me dust out my old keyboard though. I just have no idea if it'll still work with modern a modern pc, though there appear to be midi <-> usb connectors, so hopefully yes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Truga posted:

Yeah, but how the hell are you going to play it? Even pc keyboards are terrible for playing most music, and doing it on a controller is going to be a bloody nightmare.

People have played Guilty Gear with guitar controllers. People will be able to play songs on keyboard.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Well, I'm not going to be surprised if they do, mmo players to have a knack for self harm. See:

Truga posted:

Also, I'd play Titan (Turbo).

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Tamayachi posted:

Not a BhootY, but I like it.

Nightmare BhootY? :thunk:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Just got this bad boy. That.....wasn't terrible. However I still have 11 weapons left to grind for. That seems more terrible.

Don't do this to yourself. I thought I was strong enough, but I was not prepared for the terror that is Yo-Kai.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Titan (Super) is going to be balanced around YoshiP beating it with 7 other hardcore dev members on a computer directly connected to the server, then being confused people can't dodge the million weights of the land in a golf putting green-sized arena.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Truga posted:

This might finally make me dust out my old keyboard though. I just have no idea if it'll still work with modern a modern pc, though there appear to be midi <-> usb connectors, so hopefully yes.
People play those music games all the time on keyboard that are meant for DDR pads or instruments.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'm not gonna say Eureka is bad until I've actually tried it.

But it definitely seems bad.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Mymla posted:

I'm not gonna say Eureka is bad until I've actually tried it.

But it definitely seems bad.

Based off of what? All I've seen are some boss screenshots, did something substantial come out?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm glad that they're adding castle crushbone to FF14, and I'm gonna hang out at wall camp all day.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Titan's pretty played out.
Bahamut is eternally cool. The right choice was made.
Titan rocks, bahamut is a drag.........on

EDIT:

Rainuwastaken posted:

Based off of what?

quote:

the leveling process will be exhausting.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY&t=39s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think that's something that could be funny if it's like, a story thing, where your earliest runs include scripted moments of your NPCs playing like bad pubbies and it just translates into a mechanic that you have to deal with like any other solo instance, but if it's an organically-occurring thing that you have to grind through then uhhhh well we'll see i guess