Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's not even his final face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Funny coincidence that Kuga Terunori is there and I'm making mapo tofu for my friends tonight. :D

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kuga is my second favorite of the Ten Stars after Rindou.

He is very good and smug.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ok so season 3 is starting up and this is pretty important for anyone that was anime only:

:siren: The first episode this season assumes anyone watching saw the second OVA, :siren: which covered the next 3 chapters after Stagiere and is pretty important to the setup of this season.

The OVA has some subs floating around that came out within like the last week, I don't think it's uploaded anywhere but there is a dropbox with the subtitled episode, send me a PM if you need a link.

E: The first 4 minutes have an abbreviated version of the important details at least

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 3, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I like the OP a lot actually, 2-ish seconds of it aside

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ok so season 3 is starting up and this is pretty important for anyone that was anime only:

:siren: The first episode this season assumes anyone watching saw the second OVA, :siren: which covered the next 3 chapters after Stagiere and is pretty important to the setup of this season.

The OVA has some subs floating around that came out within like the last week, I don't think it's uploaded anywhere but there is a dropbox with the subtitled episode, send me a PM if you need a link.

E: The first 4 minutes have an abbreviated version of the important details at least

I wish I had PM's. I guess I can just search however.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is it still :filez: if it's not officially posted anywhere? I could just post it in that case

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Head on down to coolrom dot com

Or yknow, nyaa or w/e tracker site

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
yeah I watched the first ep without knowing about the OVA and it definitely felt like I was missing something because its been a while since I read those chapters

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is it still :filez: if it's not officially posted anywhere? I could just post it in that case

I think it's ok if they are no official sources.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vofcfuexjti8fjz/ova%202.mkv?dl=1 I'll post it then, if it goes up somewhere someone let me know

E: Also we're apparently getting 24 episodes!

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 3, 2017

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Second? I assume you mean 4th OVA.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Second? I assume you mean 4th OVA.

Yeah sorry, 2nd ova of the second season, so 4th ova

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm (probably) regrettably skipping the anime this season since I want to focus on watching New/stuff I haven't seen yet, but someone please post when the Mimisaka part happens because that's the best.

heck I might break and watch the whole festival arc, it's great

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/234/4614/1

Chapter's up, it's not even subtle how badly Eizen is about to lose here

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I can see it blowing up in Eizen's face if Takumi put something in his dish thats going to be enhanced by the artichokes

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I never knew that :ssj:-mode Takumi is something I wanted. :allears:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I actually forgot that Eizan was the one who initially set up the match between Takumi and Mimisaka. I guess this is the match to round out his revenge.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I think this chapter solidifies that Eizan's been demoted to full-on jobber because he's obviously getting rekd.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Seems to me like Eizan's being an idiot. If someone else serves their dish before Takumi, the artichokes won't do crap.

Also, cleansing the palate is precisely the reason why things like trou normand and sorbet exists.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

god i wish i could get that big face without the text to join my eizan reaction images

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It could be potentially worse if Souma and Megumi's dishes are buffed by the artichokes.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Or artichoke hearts are nasty and he loses because he served the judges a gross artichoke dish

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Or artichoke hearts are nasty and he loses because he served the judges a gross artichoke dish

the wrongest opinion

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The idea that the judges are like "there's no way we would make any effort to cleanse our palette between eating two dishes which have no intention of being made to compliment the other" is dumb as gently caress.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

The idea that the judges are like "there's no way we would make any effort to cleanse our palette between eating two dishes which have no intention of being made to compliment the other" is dumb as gently caress.

Ginger is a palette cleanser, isn't it?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I dont care how obvious it is im marking out

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jerkface posted:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Jerkface posted:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
There's no rule saying the judges have to judge dishes from both people in the same card one after the other is there? It'd be awesome if one of Takumi's teammate sweeps in with a dish that is helped by the artichokes and acts as a palette cleanser before his pizza is done.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

some kind of

vegetable expert...???

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Artichokes are a loving pain in the rear end to prepare and this chapter gave me war flashbacks to my old job when I had to clean and prep a shitton of them. Why do people eat these things, they're so not worth the effort.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Patware posted:

some kind of

vegetable expert...???

Megumi gonna show Eizan why you don't send a thug to deal with a gangster.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Artichokes are a loving pain in the rear end to prepare and this chapter gave me war flashbacks to my old job when I had to clean and prep a shitton of them. Why do people eat these things, they're so not worth the effort.

I like artichoke hearts, especially in grilled sandwiches

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
EVERY PART OF THE ARTICHOKE IS AMAZING YOU rear end in a top hat
(also eizan smell like doo doo)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Artichoke is good on pizza

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Oh no he did the thing I was wondering if he'd do

Is this why people are always trying to guess the next plot twist in a manga, chasing this high of smugness

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Crasical posted:

Oh no he did the thing I was wondering if he'd do

Is this why people are always trying to guess the next plot twist in a manga, chasing this high of smugness

yes

feels very good and makes you strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

full page reaction panel of one of the judges biting into the artichoke

small panel of judge saying "this tastes like poo poo"