Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

and it isn't around any more you capital A Atheist cucks go blow dawkins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Meeting you was that rough on him?

show yourself, cowards. I will never log off.

Serf
May 5, 2011

civil war 2 will be fought everywhere and it will be over in about seven hours when the us armed forces bomb the poo poo out of anyone opposing them lmao

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Where would Civil War II even take place? I mean physically

Canada has a ton of empty space. I'm sure they wouldn't mond if we set up shop there.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Naerasa posted:

There's no way her kids don't loathe her, especially when she treats them as little conversation starters to deflect criticism from our fascist president.

if you want to see deflection you should come to my house in the morning...I have toddlers!

:shehuckthunk:

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
The fact that Donny wants to never be seen from any angle but the front and while wearing a suit basically proves he's seen the tennis pic and is wildly embarrassed by it.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
did zdr ever come back to light our darkest hour

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

we're still trying to claw back from reagan and haven't made any progress at all

reagan was part of a reälignment tho, politics we're shifting reaganward already and stayed in that general area for a while

remains to be seen if trump will have the same sorta momentum to sustain his fell legacy

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Calibanibal posted:

Civil War II will be a battle for the hearts and minds of america. literally. it will be a psychic war

also with heart hooks, for extracting the hearts

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

mooch loving sucks and his 15 minutes are OVER

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/davidklion/status/916011558882377728

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

I think the smart thing would be to buy or borrow one from, I dunno, Russia or Pakistan and point that at a carrier group or Tel Aviv while you build more of your own

It's all irrelevant because any nuke going off anywhere above ground is probably gonna trigger the 60 year old Russian dead man's switch and kill us all

pakistan can't sell iran a nuke, would be a bit too awkward since they sold saudi arabia some

Serf
May 5, 2011

deadgoon posted:

did zdr ever come back to light our darkest hour

i still am not allowed to look at the star wars thread. i can post in it, but not read it

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

It looks like the expected decertification of the Iran Deal is following the rough plan that's been speculated about. It gives Trump a chance to poo poo on Obama, but falls short of outright ending the deal so long as sanctions aren't put in place. In theory, this would keep the deal in place and open up an opportunity to bring Europe along for renewed pressure on other Iranian activities. It's a compromise move to accomodate Trump's ego without necessarily making the United States more of a rogue nation.

If memory serves, the Senate only needs 50 votes to put sanctions back in place, but the administration is expected to ask them to hold off while negotiations proceed with the other parties of the agreement. Rouhani won't renegotiate the Iran Deal itself, but Germany or France "might" be able to get some concession that Trump can call a win. It remains to be seen how much pull the likes of Tom Cotton has in Senate strategy. McCain and a few other older senators have generally towed Mattis' party line of not trashing the deal outright, so it's not dead yet.

On the one hand, the Iran Deal was always supposed to be a first step to further dialogue, and this approach is a haphazard, needlessly hostile move in that direction. On the other hand, Trump has no talent or inclination to actually pursue a successful negotiation, meaning that any "success" would hinge on Tillerson, Mattis and the like.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
my favorite thing about tom cotton is he's a senator from arkansas, meaning he'll be in the senate until he dies

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/ScamarucciPost/status/916021393308844037

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Jazerus posted:

i've driven through centralia, i know that all of pennsylvania is secretly on fire :rolleyes:

i mean

maybe

it's not like we know how big that coal vein really is

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Here's an investment opportunity for you: guillotine futures.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/915968728453525505

:swoon:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the soviet union forced university students to take classes on 'scientific atheism' for its entire existence

Maybe they weren't all bad after all.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I did a thing posted:

honest the guy on the left is more of a threat to himself with a firearm than the teenager on the right.

we vets are more suicidal than homicidal imo

vet suicide gap largely disappeared when you control for gun possession. A lot of lives would be saved if guns were confiscated from any vet being treated for PTSD

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Grammarchist posted:

It looks like the expected decertification of the Iran Deal is following the rough plan that's been speculated about. It gives Trump a chance to poo poo on Obama, but falls short of outright ending the deal so long as sanctions aren't put in place. In theory, this would keep the deal in place and open up an opportunity to bring Europe along for renewed pressure on other Iranian activities. It's a compromise move to accomodate Trump's ego without necessarily making the United States more of a rogue nation.

If memory serves, the Senate only needs 50 votes to put sanctions back in place, but the administration is expected to ask them to hold off while negotiations proceed with the other parties of the agreement. Rouhani won't renegotiate the Iran Deal itself, but Germany or France "might" be able to get some concession that Trump can call a win. It remains to be seen how much pull the likes of Tom Cotton has in Senate strategy. McCain and a few other older senators have generally towed Mattis' party line of not trashing the deal outright, so it's not dead yet.

On the one hand, the Iran Deal was always supposed to be a first step to further dialogue, and this approach is a haphazard, needlessly hostile move in that direction. On the other hand, Trump has no talent or inclination to actually pursue a successful negotiation, meaning that any "success" would hinge on Tillerson, Mattis and the like.

All of these insane long shots ultimately hinge on Trump not just ignoring all of it and doing whatever enters his worm chewed brain. American diplomacy at this juncture is a screen door on a submarine.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
H y p e r d o t a r d i z a t i o n

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Red exburbs/militias deciding they need to take blue cities.

As far as battle lines actually being drawn, probably North Carolina.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the soviet union forced university students to take classes on 'scientific atheism' for its entire existence

this owns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

deathbysnusnu posted:

All of these insane long shots ultimately hinge on Trump not just ignoring all of it and doing whatever enters his worm chewed brain. American diplomacy at this juncture is a screen door on a submarine.

he ignored the Russian sanctions

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

America should make like a tree and get outta here

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grammarchist posted:

This also hinges on Iran being stupid enough to trust the US at all in any way shape and form instead of interpreting it as the US giving up on the deal entirely and spinning up/buying nukes

Serf
May 5, 2011

if i had to read dumbass poo poo like flaubert i'm glad soviet students had to listen to someone drone on about atheism for a semester

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

triple sulk posted:

snowden had the absolute worst take of them all

my favorite part about that is when Trump made a goldman sachs guy secretary of treasury

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Baller Ina posted:

"You can exist but what you're doing is still wrong" seems like a small step

if it keeps them from sending their kid to a straight camp because being gay is wrong then its a huge step

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Serf posted:

i still am not allowed to look at the star wars thread. i can post in it, but not read it

gently caress

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

misdirectomy posted:

The fact that Donny wants to never be seen from any angle but the front and while wearing a suit basically proves he's seen the tennis pic and is wildly embarrassed by it.

Yeah his suits are tailored so that he looks good from the front, and his tie is long to hide how huge his gut is.

As long as you're looking right at him, or he's hiding behind a podium, he looks wide and powerful.

The second he turns it's like a plastic bag full of uncooked chicken breasts.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

This also hinges on Iran being stupid enough to trust the US at all in any way shape and form instead of interpreting it as the US giving up on the deal entirely and spinning up/buying nukes

With Trump in the office, any nation that can get nukes and isn't gotta be dumb as hell. If I was the president of Sweden I'd get those breeder reactors up and running.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

H y p e r d o t a r d i z a t i o n

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/THR/status/916024895640915968

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

deathbysnusnu posted:

Yeah... and the whole "suicide pact" among those officials that were probably responsible for this approach doesn't inspire confidence. Stephen Miller's ability to survive Kelly's wrath seems to have increased his influence, as he's the only one left who gives Trump that campaign anger and simplistic worldview he craves. Actually kinda scared what happens if Kelly gets axed.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Ben Nerevarine posted:

20,000 people firing handguns at a hotel

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oh hey btw that IRS is targeting conservatives story was made up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

when you phrase a curriculum or natl education standards as "forcing" people to take classes on a subject, you can make a lot of poo poo sound sinister

what did the scientific atheism classes even entail

• Locked thread