Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Rabid Snake posted:

It never did go on sale for Amazon in the US.

Yes it did

Not my photos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Seriously? drat, I was refreshing since 6am PST and I know people who were refreshing since 12am PST and none came in stock

Except for the UK store

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

They must have low stock because I had the same page with the October 9th thing and when I added it to cart it disappeared. Looking through twitter and everywhere else it seems like everyone had that same problem. I still think that might've been a doctored photo or they had MINIMAL stock because no one has confirmed they got it through the Amazon US store

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

There is actually stock at a whole bunch of computer stores near me, but they're going for $589 dollarydoos :eyepop:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

BurritoJustice posted:

There is actually stock at a whole bunch of computer stores near me, but they're going for $589 dollarydoos :eyepop:

Microcenter in the US has stock at some stores for $499 but they will PM newegg @ $379

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

ufarn posted:

It's kind of weird how dismissive Linus is of AMD and their long-term motherboard philosophy, especially given his "heartfelt" diatribe against Intel a bit ago.

It's like John Gruber on Apple.

i can forgive linus for his shilling more than i can forgive gruber tbh; at least the sponsorships explain the softballs. the only thing that gruber gets out of it is the occasional interview with an apple exec, which i wouldn't say is worth the rationalisation and cognitive dissonance he goes through to explain away even the most boneheaded decisions by the company as part of some master plan.

i use apple pretty much exclusively for my personal computing and for the most part i really like the products, but come on grubey have some self respect

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Amazon sales are back up

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07598VZR8?th=1

Backordered

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Has anyone had their order from Newegg ship?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
The 8700k looks to be a beast of a cpu, but my 2500k with a 50% overclock has spoiled me.

Most 8700k's are getting a 300hz overclock? That's not worth the extra heat. (when gaming)

Makes me wonder how a 8700(non k) holds up.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Tab8715 posted:

Has anyone had their order from Newegg ship?

The people that ordered them when they went on sale early. Lots of people already have them.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Don Lapre posted:

The people that ordered them when they went on sale early. Lots of people already have them.

What's early? I ordered mine this morning.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Tab8715 posted:

What's early? I ordered mine this morning.

They went on sale first tuesday night.

The amazon Auros Gaming 7 bundle gives $50 off the motherboard so i ordered that. People are getting 5-5.2ghz on the board.

eames
May 9, 2009

EU rumors of a paper launch seem about right, I haven't seen a 8700K in stock anywhere. One shop briefly had a 8600K in stock at 279€ and that pretty much wipes the floor with the Ryzen equivalent(s), we'll probably see more 1600(X) mysteriously running on 8 cores in the near future.

Don Lapre posted:

They went on sale first tuesday night.

The amazon Auros Gaming 7 bundle gives $50 off the motherboard so i ordered that. People are getting 5-5.2ghz on the board.

Recent Gigabyte boards tend to overvolt quite significantly because that's a cheap way to make boards look like they overclock better. Some Ryzen boards overshoot by almost 10% (0.15V) under load, I'd keep an eye on that.

eames fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 5, 2017

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

eames posted:

EU rumors of a paper launch seem about right, I haven't seen a 8700K in stock anywhere. One shop briefly had a 8600K in stock at 279€ and that pretty much wipes the floor with the Ryzen equivalent(s), we'll probably see more 1600(X) mysteriously running on 8 cores in the near future.

Recent Gigabyte boards tend to overvolt quite significantly because that's a cheap way to make boards look like they overclock better. Some Ryzen boards overshoot by almost 10% (0.15V) under load, I'd keep an eye on that.

Yea, can always turn it down. Gonna be on a full loop.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Newegg had all the SKUs in stock except for the 8700k and 8600k when I was looking just now. Put a 8700 non-k in the cart and it went out of stock before checkout, ha. :/

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Any ideas on whether it'd be better to backorder from Amazon or Newegg?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

scrubs season six posted:

Any ideas on whether it'd be better to backorder from Amazon or Newegg?

Amazon is cheaper and has a $50 off motherboard bundle.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Glad I jumped on it quickly, the same store is now backordered until November 1st :v:

edit: lol

repiv fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 5, 2017

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

repiv posted:

Scan.co.uk listed it as "available to pre-order" when I put my order in, but they just sent me an email with a delivery ETA of tomorrow so :shrug:

we'll see

They do this poo poo all the time. "Sorry, even though the site says it was in stock it actually isn't" is something that happens near every time I need something right quick from Scan.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Don Lapre posted:

gamers nexus dropped 24c with liquid metal.

It depends on what voltage you run, that number is for the 1.4V extreme case.
Around 1.3V it's nice to have, at stock don't bother from what I've seen so far.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 5, 2017

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Is the lower clock and 6 threads less on the 8600k a really big deal vs the 8700k?

I feel like I don't need extra threads (mainly gaming with CPU intensive games like eu4 or civ6), but a 4.7 stock boost looks mighty tempting. Is it worth 100$ more?

eames
May 9, 2009

TorakFade posted:

Is the lower clock and 6 threads less on the 8600k a really big deal vs the 8700k?

I feel like I don't need extra threads (mainly gaming with CPU intensive games like eu4 or civ6), but a 4.7 stock boost looks mighty tempting. Is it worth 100$ more?

It also has a smaller L3 cache but in my eyes it's still a good choice unless you're doing stuff that scales very well off Hyperthreading (not gaming).
Seems to run slightly cooler/clock higher than the 8700K too.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
RIP ecc support on i3s :smith:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Paul MaudDib posted:

RIP ecc support on i3s :smith:

Only two have launched. 7th gen has 14. it might come back.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

My local Microcenter, Cambridge/Boston, was out of everything but 8400's when I got there around 2pm today. Unfortunate, but I probably would have flipped anything I got, after price matching and motherboard bundling just because of, well, the opportunity. And I still would need a little time to get the rest of the parts I'm wanting for my upgrade.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Cool, Newegg put my 8600K order on hold for address verification, but didn't feel any need to actually inform me of that fact. What a joke. I assume I won't get my processor now.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

ohgodwhat posted:

Cool, Newegg put my 8600K order on hold for address verification, but didn't feel any need to actually inform me of that fact. What a joke. I assume I won't get my processor now.

Call them and get it resolved. Your CC probably declined it.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

My order has shipped. :D

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Tab8715 posted:

My order has shipped. :D

Deets? When and what did you order

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

i7 and the basic ASRock Mini-ITX Board from Newegg around 7:30AM CST.

Everything was shipped about two hours ago.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Tab8715 posted:

Which i7? I ordered an 8700K and a few other pieces at around 7:00 Eastern. The i7 is still showing backordered, but the rest shipped.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Tab8715 posted:

Wow, was it backordered or in stock when you ordered?

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
What's the sweet spot for price/performance in Coffee Lake that would be comparable to my 3570k that runs 4.4ghz?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

It was the non-K.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Amazon and newegg not even letting you backorder the 8700K now.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

willroc7 posted:

What's the sweet spot for price/performance in Coffee Lake that would be comparable to my 3570k that runs 4.4ghz?

The 8600k

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

Unfortunate, but I probably would have flipped anything I got, after price matching and motherboard bundling just because of, well, the opportunity.

Glad you didn't get a 8700k to flip then

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
No 6700k in any of the review comparisons :effort:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I've never used this site so I have no idea if its shady, but this is what their availability thing says. Looks like there might not be more till the end of the month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

dud root posted:

No 6700k in any of the review comparisons :effort:

Does your 6700K clock to 7700K base speeds? If so, look at 7700K results and there you go.