Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Groovelord Neato posted:

"sheriff clarke" should replace the term uncle tom.

Especially since Uncle Tom was originally an anti-slavery book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

FantasticExtrusion posted:

The important question we should all be asking today is: how can we make sure Twitter goes down with Trump whenever he finally implodes?

Gotta get something good out of this presidency.

Please make sure we have a good replacement lined up first.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Terrible Opinions posted:

No I'm saying exactly the opposite of what you're saying. Because there are plenty of cops who don't murder people we are completely justified in judging those that do. There are plenty of politicans who don't vote to kill people, so we condemn the ones that do. It's not hard to get.

I said that I thought cops and politicians were an exception in that I find its good and healthy for people to question their actions and also suggested that perhaps the CEO of Twitter also falls under this. I am still trying to figure out why you thought I said the exact opposite.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Midig posted:

I am still trying to figure out why you thought I said the exact opposite.

You have a bit of a history of saying outrageously stupid poo poo.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Midig posted:

I said that I thought cops and politicians were an exception in that I find its good and healthy for people to question their actions and also suggested that perhaps the CEO of Twitter also falls under this. I am still trying to figure out why you thought I said the exact opposite.
Oh my bad. I thought you were ridiculing people for making cops and politicians an exception.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

This is pretty insulting.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it is so insanely dumb how i get constantly shadowbanned for making GBS threads on race realists while they face no punishment. i do love a twitter co founder getting one of the worst ratios i've seen tho so maybe it's worth it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Personally, I'm a race surrealist

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

fallenturtle posted:

gently caress that, we gotta take down all the major social media sites so SA can be returned to its former glory

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

noether posted:

gently caress that, we gotta take down all the major social media sites so SA can be returned to its former glory

You understand that this means we'll have MAGA derps in USPOL/Trump Thread again. We'll become reddit.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pembroke Fuse posted:

You understand that this means we'll have MAGA derps in USPOL/Trump Thread again. We'll become reddit GBS.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

GBS is more accurate unless Lowtax completely loses it and puts in upvoting.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I think it would be funny. People would pay :10bux: just to say Trump is actually good also *fart* then get banned because they are also probably pedophiles.

FantasticExtrusion
Sep 3, 2017

Who What Now posted:

You have a bit of a history of saying outrageously stupid poo poo.

They're stealing my intellectual property!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

fallenturtle posted:

My friend, have you heard of Gab.ai

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Pembroke Fuse posted:

You understand that this means we'll have MAGA derps in USPOL/Trump Thread again. We'll become reddit.

in no way is it a good idea, but I'd like to think that this site would be able to handle the problem a lot better than reddit has. having actual consequences for being a dumbass would help, they wouldn't be able to just summon hordes of alt-accounts and bots at will, and there aren't really any places they can run to here where they have absolutely no oversight.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
probably not news to many people in here, but Anthony Fantano is getting outed as an alt-right guy at the moment. should be a spicy hot "I was only being racist/sexist as a funny joke" rebuttal video coming out soon
"

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

little munchkin posted:

probably not news to many people in here, but Anthony Fantano is getting outed as an alt-right guy at the moment. should be a spicy hot "I was only being racist/sexist as a funny joke" rebuttal video coming out soon
"

Lol he says deleted the entire channel because he couldn't monetize it, what a shithead

Also apparently he had Sargon on his podcast? Wtf does Carl know about music

aware of dog fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 4, 2017

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I thought that guy being an Alt-Righter was old news. Isn't he the subject in these videos? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN9tcl1yvhw

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
yeah I've definitely seen a video of him telling SJWs to drink bleach from quite a while ago, he's been on this train for some time even if he hasn't been loud about it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's a shame...his channel was good then he turned out to be a milkshake duck.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's a shame...his channel was good then he turned out to be a milkshake duck.

Yeah... I mean, he was interviewed by Nardwuar... and then he turned out to be a chud. :(

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Reading some comments (why, I don't know), the defenses of Fantano are pretty evenly split between "it's satire" and "how can he be racist when he has a black wife?" Which is extremely predictable.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

I thought that guy being an Alt-Righter was old news. Isn't he the subject in these videos? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN9tcl1yvhw

Not familiar with this guy, but how could anyone figure he was anything other than an alt-right douchebag after that video.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

aware of dog posted:

Also apparently he had Sargon on his podcast? Wtf does Carl know about music

He's had a bunch of people on who aren't working with music. The only qualifier is whether or not their work interests Fantano. Shame about some of those interests.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.thefader.com/2017/10/03/needle-drop-deleted-youtube-channel-this-is-the-plan

https://www.avclub.com/one-of-the-worlds-most-popular-music-vloggers-moonlight-1819126906

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/7xkj4x/the-needle-drop-live-shows-cancelled-amid-controversy

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I'm impressed the dude is distancing himself from that poo poo rather than doubling down. I guess not all Nazis are dumb as a sack of bricks.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Genocyber posted:

I'm impressed the dude is distancing himself from that poo poo rather than doubling down. I guess not all Nazis are dumb as a sack of bricks.

That's not the impression I got. He didn't disavow any of the awful things he's done, he just shut down his youtube channel but admitted it's only because he can't get any monetization out of it anymore.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Genocyber posted:

He has claimed he's going to do a video response to the whole thing.

I sub to his music review channel so I'm sure I'll post it here once it drops.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Huzanko posted:

He has claimed he's going to do a video response to the whole thing.

I sub to his music review channel so I'm sure I'll post it here once it drops.

It's going to be exactly what everyone expects it to be, just 20 minutes long instead of just a 5 second video of "I'm sorry if anyone was offended."

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mr Interweb posted:

That's not the impression I got. He didn't disavow any of the awful things he's done, he just shut down his youtube channel but admitted it's only because he can't get any monetization out of it anymore.

I just said he was distancing himself, not that he was actually improving or anything. I'm sure he still holds whatever poo poo views he did before this blew up, he's just being smart enough to keep that more private from now on so it doesn't affect his income. At least that's my (horribly uninformed) reading of it.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Ok, youtube demonetization has gone too far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppcYoem3URo

Just in case people might get the wrong idea. This dude reviews fast food, he's not a rational.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Midig posted:

Ok, youtube demonetization has gone too far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppcYoem3URo

Just in case people might get the wrong idea. This dude reviews fast food, he's not a rational.

He's got the McInnes wardrobe thing going on--it made me think twice.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Saw this interesting lil image posted on av club

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Kibayasu posted:

It's going to be exactly what everyone expects it to be, just 20 minutes long instead of just a 5 second video of "I'm sorry if anyone was offended."

Also a bit of "Hey, it was satire."

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Huzanko posted:

Also a bit of "Hey, it was satire."

I thought those dollar amounts were the amounts their Patreon's were getting per month, but it's actually per VIDEO?? o_0

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
doesnt have shaun and some of the other lefties on it but similarly impressive

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Visidan posted:

Lot to be said about that data set.................I need to get in on this Youtube train. I'm not exactly attractive, but I can sound articulate and post a cartoon animal over my face. Guess I should go all bearing and make $10,000 a month off patrons. Also, the viewership:money made ratio is really interesting. Contra and Hbomber have far less subscribers, but a far higher percentage of them are patrons and as such are able to make a decent amount of money per video off of this, should this be accurate. Whereas the Rational chucklefucks seem to have a much higher number of subscribers, but a far smaller percentage of their viewers seem to be patrons

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 5, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Visidan posted:

I want to invest in ContraPoints shares :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Madmarker posted:

Lot to be said about that data set.................I need to get in on this Youtube train. I'm not exactly attractive, but I can sound articulate and post a cartoon animal over my face. Guess I should go all bearing and make $10,000 a month off patrons. Also, the viewership:money made ratio is really interesting. Contra and Hbomber have far less subscribers, but a far higher percentage of them are patrons and as such are able to make a decent amount of money per video off of this, should this be accurate. Whereas the Rational chucklefucks seem to have a much higher number of subscribers, but a far smaller percentage of their viewers seem to be patrons

I should point out that that the per video donations are up to the creator, bearing isn't going to make his patreons pay for every piece of trash he puts out or he'd lose them all.

EDIT: contra etc probably do since they only put out 2 a month instead of 60

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 5, 2017

• Locked thread