Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm going to agree. I would start Abdullah over Martin in all formats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Guys I did the only logical thing I could do and traded Martin for Amari Cooper we're ok now

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I have played this stupid game for 14 years and this has to be the worst lineup I have ever ran out there.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Wow, those are technically some runningbacks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
who did you lose to injury?

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
In a standard league would you guys rather have Cohen or Thielen? I'm leaning Cohen because the 2 games he was used a lot were the games the bears won or were competitive and they'll figure that out themselves eventually. It's not like they have much else to throw to.

But Thielen has put up loads of yards and is eternally undervalued and I can't decide whether I'm doing it myself once again...

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
At least you've got the K1!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah, he's an ok flier here depending on other options. But don't start him over guys like Melvin Gordon or Abdullah.

It is Half PPR. Maybe a better question is would you rather roll with;

Abdullah + Tate OR
Abdullah + Martin (would flex one with Howard as RB1) OR
Martin + Tate

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Are the Pats doing that annoying injury list bullshit with Gronk or is he actually gonna play?

Also someone dropped Derrick Henry so I just swapped him for Crowder.

RB: Bell, CJ, Tarik, Gallman, Henry
WR: M Thomas, Fuller, Shepard, Funchess

.5ppr, .2ppc

Heavy RB and jack poo poo at WR paid off with a championship last year. So far it's working wonderfully since I'm at a nice 4-0 to start.

:getin:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 5, 2017

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Are the Pats doing that annoying injury list bullshit with Gronk or is actually gonna play?

Also someone dropped Derrick Henry so I just swapped him for Crowder.

RB: Bell, CJ, Tarik, Gallman, Henry
WR: M Thomas, Fuller, Shepard, Funchess

.5ppr, .2ppc

Heavy RB and jack poo poo at WR paid off with a championship last year. So far it's working wonderfully since I'm at a nice 4-0 to start.

:getin:

Gronk will play. There's a chance he doesn't play a full complement of snaps, but you start him regardless.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I don't even think Gronk is actually hurt. just a smokescreen for billy beli

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Who would you guys rather have in 1PPR? Prosise or McKinnon?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I never know when Bill is loving with the world, thanks gents

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Note on Abdullah: Carolina is going to be down their best Safety, and were already sneaky bad against passes out of the backfield to RBs. In PPR go for it.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

The Aguamoose posted:

In a standard league would you guys rather have Cohen or Thielen? I'm leaning Cohen because the 2 games he was used a lot were the games the bears won or were competitive and they'll figure that out themselves eventually. It's not like they have much else to throw to.

But Thielen has put up loads of yards and is eternally undervalued and I can't decide whether I'm doing it myself once again...

Thielen's position in the offense is solidified, Cohen's been up and down. It could change, but Cohen's usage has also been erratic (42%, 62%, 43%, then 26% offensive snap counts week 1-4) and is game flow dependent.

All that said, Chicago will do everything they can to establish a running game every week to relieve pressure off Turditsky. Run first, pass never.

If it was PPR, this would be harder imo.

I'd take Thielen in a heartbeat.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

coronaball posted:

I have played this stupid game for 14 years and this has to be the worst lineup I have ever ran out there.

According to Fantasy Football law, you're going to crush your opponent this week.

Also I think I'd be starting Lacy over Rawls.

e. Or gallman, and that way you have both lacy and rawls so you get the full timeshare?

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I might have you beat. My lineup in a 14-person league this week is:

Brissett
Lynch / Crowell / Stewart
Tate / Robby Anderson
ASJ
Philly
Kicker

Bench: Gallman, Marqise Lee, Alex Collins, Emmanuel Sanders, Marvin Jones, Jamaal Charles, Elijah McGuire, David Johnson (IR).

I made some very bad draft choices.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I might have you beat. My lineup in a 14-person league this week is:

Brissett
Lynch / Crowell / Stewart
Tate / Robby Anderson
ASJ
Philly
Kicker

Bench: Gallman, Marqise Lee, Alex Collins, Emmanuel Sanders, Marvin Jones, Jamaal Charles, Elijah McGuire, David Johnson (IR).

I made some very bad draft choices.

I'd play Gallman over Crowell and probably Lee over Anderson

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Likewise with Lee but he hasn't practiced the last two days so I'm assuming he's going to be out. Unsure about Gallman, but that's more a question for the Sit/Start thread.

There are players like Woods, Kearse, Britt, and Terrance Williams on FA/Waivers but they're not particularly appealing either. Maybe over someone like Marvin Jones.

edit: low points of the draft other than DJ at 1.1 include:

- Crowell/Lynch at the 2-3 turn
- Brandon Marshall at end of 6
- Ginn / Dalton at the 8-9 turn

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Likewise with Lee but he hasn't practiced the last two days so I'm assuming he's going to be out. Unsure about Gallman, but that's more a question for the Sit/Start thread.

There are players like Woods, Kearse, Britt, and Terrance Williams on FA/Waivers but they're not particularly appealing either. Maybe over someone like Marvin Jones.

Jaron Brown gone?

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug

Gobias Ind. posted:

Jaron Brown gone?

Oh yeah, has been rostered for weeks. Available WRs ranked by projected points this week are Williams, Dorsett, Kearse, Beasley, JuJu, Taywan Taylor, Woods, Golladay. RBs are similarly thin.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Oh yeah, has been rostered for weeks. Available WRs ranked by projected points this week are Williams, Dorsett, Kearse, Beasley, JuJu, Taywan Taylor, Woods, Golladay. RBs are similarly thin.

Yeesh. Adam Humphries too? I'd rather stream him tonight than play Rawls/Lacy.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug
Also gone. Lesson is that you should not have six bench spots plus an IR spot in fourteen person leagues.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Thats weird im in a 14 team league with 7 spots no IR and our wire has a few of those guys.

Granted there are still a few people with 2 QBs / 2 TEs and a few with 2 DST so :shrug:

Edit: Our highest projected QBs are Brissett and Kizer :lol:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

This Patriots defense is currently loving Putrid* and in near open rebellion over how loving stupid Gilmour is. Hightower is still nowhere near 100%, and they're starting a couple of scrap heap guys at LB. I'm starting the Muscle Hamster.

*technical term

I wanted to read more about this, so here's the take from his former DC in BUF

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/2017/10/guregian_gilmore_s_not_alone_in_struggles_on_patriots_defense%3Famp

NE may/should opt to have him exclusively-covering Evans in man coverage. As an Evans owner I will be paying close attention to the Ne secondary and while I hope they keep him out there in packages he doesn't understand, I have to believe Belichik isn't going to stand for that. They are already down the backup CB Rowe due to groin injury.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/916050263861071872

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

coronaball posted:

Good lord that is caca. Who did you lose to injury?

Efb

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 5, 2017

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug
Yeah, it can get pretty bad. The WRs I listed above, but the highest projected in other positions:

QB: Dalton (W), Bortles, Kizer, Keenum, Cutler, Flacco
RB: Perkins, Sims, Vereen, Turbin, Clement, Ivory, McKissic, Darkwa, Tolbert, Oliver, West, West
TE: James, Doyle (W), Njoku, Howard, Kroft, Griffin (W), DeValve

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
[quote="“MrSargent”" post="“477088134”"]
It is Half PPR. Maybe a better question is would you rather roll with;

Abdullah + Tate OR
Abdullah + Martin (would flex one with Howard as RB1) OR
Martin + Tate
[/quote]

Abdullah + Tate

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

God damnit.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Sleeperbot reporting Gronk is out poo poo just got real

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Schefter just reported Gronk is not expected to play

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
well here's hoping my opponent doesnt check his fantasy news until the game kicks off

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I know you're not supposed to have a Thursday game in your FLEX or whatever, but if I have Doug Martin there and my other RBs are Bell and Gurley, it doesn't matter, right?

I'm not going to end up sitting either of the other RBs no matter what happens.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
To those who blasphemed and drafted a tight end and now face a weekend without rob gronkowski

The love

The light

ASJ

Available in 86% of yahoo leagues

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

I know you're not supposed to have a Thursday game in your FLEX or whatever, but if I have Doug Martin there and my other RBs are Bell and Gurley, it doesn't matter, right?

I'm not going to end up sitting either of the other RBs no matter what happens.

Todd Gurley could get hit by a bus and die. Start Martin in your RB slot.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Okay so should I grab Dwayne Allen?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Spoeank posted:

To those who blasphemed and drafted a tight end and now face a weekend without rob gronkowski

The love

The light

ASJ

Available in 86% of yahoo leagues

This is probably what I'm doing, unless people think Dwayne Allen is a good spot start?

Stigmata
Jul 5, 2004

Oh Trey!

Gobias Ind. posted:

This is probably what I'm doing, unless people think Dwayne Allen is a good spot start?

This is exactly what I'm wondering. I have ASJ and Gates currently, with ASJ starting. How ballsy would it be to drop Gates and start Allen tonight? Good or dumb idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm rolling with Allen, but I have a cushion in projected points to play with.

• Locked thread