Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GobiasIndustries posted:

literally any single person should 100% be furious if one of their employees called them a 'loving moron', especially with as public as their jobs are. It is probably the most defensible fire Trump will ever get.

*looks at who you are attempting to defend even in the slightest*

Ed Balls says "Na, thats guillotine talk around here, laddie."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

fits my needs posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCNews/status/916076549706780672

everyone should have the right to shoot off my dick and rear end

The feeling of my dick and balls being ripped into a thousand pieces is an experience I'll never forget and I don't want to rob that opportunity from any american.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tacodaemon posted:

what if trump was like "aye mate it's a fair cop" and then he and Tillerson made out for a while

i'd get a boner

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Incredible

We may have a new Platonic ideal for "Bad Dem"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Agrajag posted:

bump stocks flying off the shelves.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYWoYAJHVFU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

So the NRA is going to support banning those bump stock things...is there going to be anyone who's gonna be like "oh no not my bump stocks!" even if the literal agents of Death in the living world want to ban them?

the NRA is going to sell an assload of them and then in a few days announce that they've reconsidered and that a vote on banning them will count against the NRA scorecard and then the bill won't pass hth

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah I probably, as usual, wasn't super eloquent. Like, employees don't need to like you and getting negative reviews sucks but when they've got such a public role and aren't denying they called you a loving moron...that's kind of a problem.

I certainly hope they're not going to start cracking down on non-super eloquence. I've said things that are downright stupid, more often than I'm proud of. :D

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Samurai Sanders posted:

So the NRA is going to support banning those bump stock things...is there going to be anyone who's gonna be like "oh no not my bump stocks!" even if the literal agents of Death in the living world want to ban them?

you dont know many gun people do u

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Jeb!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah I probably, as usual, wasn't super eloquent. Like, employees don't need to like you and getting negative reviews sucks but when they've got such a public role and aren't denying they called you a loving moron...that's kind of a problem.

Tillerson is not Trump's employee.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

the evidence is in and turns out

men are trash

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Al! posted:

she's running

her Butt is running lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cmon gimme dat piss tape

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
DONALD

J

TRUMP

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

you dont know many gun people do u

hold on im getting a bulletin........

im told that banning bump stocks is now racist

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice

Der Meister posted:

what is it about nazis that appeals to these idiot techies

they've been told all their lives that being passably good at stem poo poo makes them ubermensch. and because american society is incredibly racist and sexist at an institutional level they look around at their fellow idiot techie friends and see only white men. we gave up on providing well rounded education so they lack critical thinking skills and conclude that white men must be superior.

and nazi poo poo is especially appealing because our limp dick media let nazis and nazi sympathizers rewrite the third reich as some ultra competent technocracy. it's like tailor loving made to appeal to the sort of moron that thinks a $700 juicero is a good idea.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Tillerson is not Trump's employee.

He has the ability to fire him, though. Doesn't he? If he demands Rex's resignation and Rex tells him to gently caress off, he gets to keep being Secretary of State?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
man all these revelations, that liberals are terrible, are really shocking

NOT!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

euphronius posted:

her Butt is running lol

:same:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

the NRA is going to sell an assload of them and then in a few days announce that they've reconsidered and that a vote on banning them will count against the NRA scorecard and then the bill won't pass hth

It's exactly this

The NRA is basically a sales arm for war profiteers and everything they do should be seen through the lens of needing to boost sales

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dolash posted:

The tough part about the "loving moron" thing is that it's just obliquely true. Trump himself is the only person who doesn't see it that way, his own people know, the media knows, Tillerson's only actual crime is breaking down enough to say a true thing. The problem is if Trump drew the line that anyone who thought he was a loving moron but kept it to themselves should also quit, he'd be working completely alone, so his cabinet by default is in the position of lying about what they think of him by default.

holy poo poo he's loving with iran to get back at tillerson

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

DAs are worse than cops and have more power than judges

don't want to your racist murderer friend to go to jail? just decide not to charge, or if it's something so bad that it made national loving news and you can't just drop it, introduce all sorts of bullshit and defend him for five hours in front of the grand jury so they don't indict

have evidence the guy you're prosecuting is innocent? just hide it, and if it ever comes out that you did, so what, you're immune to any earthly justice

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
an electric guillotine

using a rail accelerator to hit beheading speed in a far more compact and lightweight package

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Zyla posted:

white men are trash

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
god damnit i dipsy-doodled my way into somehow defending either trump or rex or both.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zyla posted:

men are trash

Yeah. :sigh:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

as a civil cervant trump is my employee (no idea if this is true but gently caress it) and he's a loving dumbass

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dolash posted:

The tough part about the "loving moron" thing is that it's just obliquely true. Trump himself is the only person who doesn't see it that way, his own people know, the media knows, Tillerson's only actual crime is breaking down enough to say a true thing. The problem is if Trump drew the line that anyone who thought he was a loving moron but kept it to themselves should also quit, he'd be working completely alone, so his cabinet by default is in the position of lying about what they think of him by default.

Ya, his brandsona is under attack.

Rex could say it right in Trump's face, that's fine. Trump wouldn't give a poo poo, his third person reverence inflates his ego and pads it so he would just scoff it off no big deal. The only reason Trump is mad is because its the public image that's ruining his persona.

You can insult him, you can't insult him in a way that harms his public perception of his brand, the narrative and how it reflects his image.

Dan Scavino Jr. really hosed up yesterday, bigly :yooge:

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

NofrikinfuN posted:

That was written by Trump, wasn't it?

No way, that was Donaldina the secretary. Here is a picture of her on stockphotos.com.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

*gets told to become very mad and scared*

*gets very mad and scared*

*buys guns*

*repeat every other week when there is a mass shooting*

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/ToriNicksWho/status/915998362498928640

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

an electric guillotine

using a rail accelerator to hit beheading speed in a far more compact and lightweight package

:thunk:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol what happened to all his wingnut welfare?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/samknight1/status/916044489365393408

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

But I thought he was so good at making decisions

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
For the record, I believe Rex and Trump are both extremely unqualified for their jobs.

Sometimes I just dont think or type real good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the only thing that stops a bad guy with a bump stock is a good guy with a bump stock

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

I had only a slightly less cynical view of it, that they wanted to give this tiny concession in order to continue to head off more substantial gun control measures in the future.

• Locked thread