Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Charlie Cameron has told teammates he has asked for a trade apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The bombers are rich as hell and have A+ facilities. Also great age profile on their list.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

Pick 18 or 19 from Brisbane ought to do it

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
drat was hoping Saad would come to Carlton. Devon Smith apparently didnt score too well during the medical test for us.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

NTRabbit posted:

Pick 1 and 18 from Brisbane ought to do it

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

snaeksikn posted:

The bombers just go to show that doesn't matter how horrifically lax you are in your duty of care to your players when you maintain a legacy of success in your history it will keep you being a destination club regardless
Nah, it's just really loving well run club these days with primo facilities that are about to have further upgrades announced soon.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Spedman posted:

Now you've got me thinking who probably wouldn't have:

Shane Parker, Darren Glass, the Swallow brothers, Shaun Heart

No chance Tom Scully would have tried coke, bloke's essentially a robot designed for running

[quote="“Solemn Sloth”" post="“477070379”"]
[/quote]

I wonder if Tex Walker called him and gave him a spray

[quote="“gay picnic defence”" post="“477073022”"]
Nah, it’s just really loving well run club these days with primo facilities that are about to have further upgrades announced soon.
[/quote]

The facilities I'll give you but the club has recent mammoth fines for governance, there's no way you can considee Essendon 'really loving well run'

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Trigg is resigning from Carlton as CEO. No huge surprise given there have been rumours of this for awhile now.

After 3 years and 6 months of the job he still hasn't moved from Adelaide so he was never going to stick around long term while flying to Melbourne for work every week. He'll stay in the position until a replacement is found so it is an amicable departure and nothing really bad.

The club said we'll be working with a recruiter to find a replacement but we all know Lethlean is going to go right into the position...

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Shmoses posted:

The facilities I'll give you but the club has recent mammoth fines for governance, there's no way you can considee Essendon 'really loving well run'

There is. It is a fundamentally different organisation to the one which incurred the fines of governance and got its players banned. The administration of the club has been completely turned over; hangers on, 'old boys' and 'good Essendon lads' have been kicked out of cushy jobs and cashed up coterie members no longer have any influence over club decisions. Several reviews have been through every position, policy and process from the board to the boot studder with a fine tooth comb to ensure they are all as close to best practice as possible. It's just a shame it took the drugs scandal to be the catalyst for all this.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Yeah I’d like to think/hope that the upside of the whole drugs thing is the fact that we had to rectify the putrid culture of the club. From what I’m aware they have put some great things in place for player wellbeing. As GPD said, it’s a shame it took what it took to get that done.

I would be really happy with Saad making it down to us. Smith would be good but apparently there are those injury concerns. It’s Stringer still that I’m worried about. Assuming his ex is as good friends with so many families at Essendon then having him come in surely isn’t great for culture or even for his own wellbeing. I assume he can’t be that fussed if it’s not enough to turn him off us, but still. Not sure how we get Stringer, Saad and Smith in the same trade period. Might have to involve future picks, other clubs and names like Langford, Laverde, Myers, Francis, Bags, Howlett, Colyer, Redman, JMerrett etc all being looked at. Surely we don’t get all 3 of them.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Incredible that the mastermind behind Kurt Tippett's extremely illegal contract might not be a skilled executive

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

He'll have a new job as the CEO of something else in short order, because executives only ever fail upwards

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
i like the fact he didnt even bother to move to melbourne

what do you reckon they were paying him? 1mil a year?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Shmoses posted:

It seems like the circumstances are very different and Charlie was a good dude who didn't dick the club around.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Shmoses posted:

*BigFooty level rumor about Walker*

Shmoses: "Oh yeah I'm gonna run with this"

*someone calls Selwood Duckwood after his 5000th verifiable duck*

Shmoses: "gently caress gently caress gently caress how dare you how dare you sir!"

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
[quote="“MysticalMachineGun”" post="“477075753”"]
*BigFooty level rumor about Walker*

Shmoses: “Oh yeah I’m gonna run with this”

*someone calls Selwood Duckwood after his 5000th verifiable duck*

Shmoses: “gently caress gently caress gently caress how dare you how dare you sir!”
[/quote]
Mmm yes these are comparable examples, well done.

"I can't believe you'd believe a widely reported story that hasn't been rebutted and also not want to be subjected to poo poo Facebook comment level banter. Hypocrite much?"

Boonys Cut Shot fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 5, 2017

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Both Adelaide and Geelong are awful cities with terrible football teams they cling to for some idea of positive identity.

Also you have to drive through werribee to get to both of them and fuuuuck that terrible smell.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

"Watts should move to port Adelaide to get out of the Melbourne media bubble" - someone paid to write about footy :psyduck:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

"Watts should move to port Adelaide to get out of the Melbourne media bubble" - someone paid to write about footy :psyduck:

An idea that worked out so well for the big Bud.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Apparently Melbourne and Freo were talking a trade for Hogan, Melbourne asked for Neale, Freo walked away.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spedman posted:

Apparently Melbourne and Freo were talking a trade for Hogan, Melbourne asked for Neale, Freo walked away.

I can't even find a source on twitter for this so I'm going to go ahead and say it's fake news :sad:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Spedman posted:

Clearly false because Freo would be incredibly stupid to knock back that trade.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Windmill Hut posted:

Clearly false because Freo would be incredibly stupid to knock back that trade.

Tbh that's the only part of it which lends it any credibility

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nutsngum posted:

Both Adelaide and Geelong are awful cities with terrible football teams they cling to for some idea of positive identity.

Also you have to drive through werribee to get to both of them and fuuuuck that terrible smell.

The Western Highway doesn't run through Werribee :confused:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It goes through Williamstown No it doesn't do that either, on the way in I passed the Footscray Hockey Club, which had a sign next to it saying Williamstown, and it's neither Footscray nor Williamstown, google maps says Yarraville :crossarms:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 6, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

NTRabbit posted:

It goes through Williamstown No it doesn't do that either, on the way in I passed the Footscray Hockey Club, which had a sign next to it saying Williamstown, and it's neither Footscray nor Williamstown, google maps says Yarraville :crossarms:

Yarraville is a suburb that's part of Maribyrnong which Footscray is the main suburb.
It's on Williamstown road IIRC which goes straight to Williamstown.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Yarraville is okay because it's got Footscray acting as a buffer between it and Maidstone imo

Source: I occasionally take the Westgate on the way to Lorne

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yarraville is okay because it's got Footscray acting as a buffer between it and Maidstone imo

Source: I occasionally take the Westgate on the way to Lorne

Yarraville is a nice suburb although it is full of hipsters.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

Yarraville is a nice suburb although it is full of hipsters.

Sic semper terraces

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Jackson Trengrove is joining the Dogs as a FA.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

Should have joined the dees under the father/son rule

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'm not sure anyone is buying the dogs saying "actually we would be happy to have Jake back if we don't receive a good trade offer"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'm not sure anyone is buying the dogs saying "actually we would be happy to have Jake back if we don't receive a good trade offer"

Nobody bought it when Port said the same about Hamish Hartlett this time last year, but he's still there

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Nobody bought it when Port said the same about Hamish Hartlett this time last year, but he's still there

I have a goldfish memory but I don't remember the Hartlett situation being anywhere near as vitriolic as Stringers.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The crows are refusing to trade Cameron. Meanwhile Jenkins laid a guilt trip on him over the request (on the radio)

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Gunston started this poo poo. It's all his fault.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Periphery posted:

Little do you know that McCartney made a spelling mistake and we accidentally signed Jack Trengove

realbez posted:

The crows are refusing to trade Cameron. Meanwhile Jenkins laid a guilt trip on him over the request (on the radio)

Jenkins should go and get hosed. Bragging about Dangerfield missing out on a premiership in the week leading up to the grand final and then being worst on ground in a team that got smashed all across the MCG.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

I have a goldfish memory but I don't remember the Hartlett situation being anywhere near as vitriolic as Stringers.

One of the many women Boak cheated on his on again, off again girlfriend with was Hartlett's partner, and whatever way the club chose to handle it caused Hartlett to want to walk 1 year into a 4 year deal, and Port to want to trade him, but nobody wanted him at the listed salary so it hung in the air embarrassingly all trade week, and nothing happened.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

One of the many women Boak cheated on his on again, off again girlfriend with was Hartlett's partner, and whatever way the club chose to handle it caused Hartlett to want to walk 1 year into a 4 year deal, and Port to want to trade him, but nobody wanted him at the listed salary.

Sources? Nothing was ever proved I thought. I won't have you speak ill of Captain Boaky!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Double post.

• Locked thread