Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Looks like everybody already went home.

Hmmm, let me guess the result of this meeting.

http://i.imgur.com/oilIxxw.mp4

XK fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's a bit rude of her to keep doing this no ?

Hey look another meeting where we MIGHT say GO!

Ok we said no go again ... surprise

Ps buy the newest concept ship and we MIGHT say GO!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

It's the go/no go meeting on when to release the next jpg

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

god this project is such an embarrassment

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Blue On Blue posted:

It's a bit rude of her to keep doing this no ?

Hey look another meeting where we MIGHT say GO!

Ok we said no go again ... surprise

Ps buy the newest concept ship and we MIGHT say GO!

work is happening, see? how could this be a scam if work is happening??

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Haven't they had this same meeting everyday for the last 300 days? With the same result? Why would today be any different?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Erin sure looks pleased about the meeting

Bet he wishes he was back in Lego land

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Solarin posted:

god this project is such an embarrassment

What tells you that?

The part where Chris's hands are flying around again?

The guy leaning so far out of his chair while holding himself he looks like he needs safety?

The person staring at the screen, and ignoring Chris while he's explaining something?

Or the guy on screen (is that Erin?) resting his head on his hand while covering half his face?

lol actually try to recreate the pose of the guy on the screen. That's his right hand, with his head turned to the right. It's a very stressed position. Plus, the eyes.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

I am kind of tickled that they have somehow managed to give a power door to a motorcycle, the one vehicle that traditionally does not have an enclosed cockpit. And they've done it without actually covering the driver's head or legs. It really does feel like Chris is standing directly over their shoulders going "Add more moving parts. Moving parts during entry/exit animations really get the backer's dicks hard."

I believe this, and the loving snoopy hat obsession, is due to Croberts baldness. A toupee and a properly fitting helmet do not go together. I assume this is the motorcycle solution for those that can't wear a properly fitting (safe) helmet, and a snoopy cap would be the only layer one could use to potentially allow a insecure baldy to wear a helmet.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

get a refund alpacazen

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Solarin posted:

get a refund alpacazen

Get an Alpaca.
Problem solved.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

XK posted:

What tells you that?

The part where Chris's hands are flying around again?

The guy leaning so far out of his chair while holding himself he looks like he needs safety?

The person staring at the screen, and ignoring Chris while he's explaining something?

Or the guy on screen (is that Erin?) resting his head on his hand while covering half his face?

lol actually try to recreate the pose of the guy on the screen. That's his right hand, with his head turned to the right. It's a very stressed position. Plus, the eyes.

I didn't even look at the picture I was overwhelmed with embarrassment that they're using this meeting for their 12 month late patch as a marketing opportunity and acting like it's a reality TV show. Will they go? Will they no go?? Stay tuned and keep giving us money or your dreams die right now

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

EmesiS posted:

snoopy hat

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Blue On Blue posted:

Erin sure looks pleased about the meeting

Bet he wishes he was back in Lego land

He could've been pulling down less, but still great salary, doing conveyor belt Lego games. He could sleep at night with no worries at all, putting out solid commercial games, and know all his staff have reliable jobs. Now he's under his thumb brother's thumb, jamming together bullshit, and has dragged a large portion of his staff from a boring but solid development studio into a vortex of development hell.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Erin, post the patch.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
What's is the best outcome of this meeting? They release a patch that is already over 9 months late to a small group of testers under NDA. When other games reach this level there is some amount of genuine excitement because people can openly talk about the contents of said patch. CIG is such a lame duck company that its invested fans have to work themselves up into a frenzy at anything that could be considered news.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm already getting hyped for 4.0, myself

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
They're making hundreds of thousands if not millions of additional dollars by staging those meetings.

I suppose if anyone should be embarrassed it'd be the regulatory agencies in the various countries/states meant to protect idiots from themselves.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

I'm already getting hyped for 4.0, myself

Working toilets.
That's all I want.
I don't care if the local physics grid fucks up.
I just want decent toilets.

I want to play the best drat toilet simulator ever (BDTSE)

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Imagine getting "in" a motorcycle where your legs are locked into place, and you can't put your arms out. Plus you have to open 4 doors, and a bunch of failure modules are under your seat.

At that point, it's just a tiny vehicle, and no longer a cycle.

The next cycle will have a bathroom, and a research module.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

Imagine getting "in" a motorcycle where your legs are locked into place, and you can't put your arms out. Plus you have to open 4 doors, and a bunch of failure modules are under your seat.

And then it rolls upside down just like the Nox because COG can't figure out a hoverbike lmao

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

And then it rolls upside down just like the Nox because COG can't figure out a hoverbike lmao

Then the lavatory overflows

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Go/No go where?

To an insolvency advisor or to an alpacca farm?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Chin posted:

They're making hundreds of thousands if not millions of additional dollars by staging those meetings.

I suppose if anyone should be embarrassed it'd be the regulatory agencies in the various countries/states meant to protect idiots from themselves.

!hype
!giveaway

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Release the patch you loving pussies.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

I'm pulling for CIG! You can do it!! Any bets on the next patch being released as a shared download on mega.nz because CIG doesn't have the budget to host the file themselves?

CIG as a development house to me is like getting that two year old to piss in the toilet without missing... Someday I know they will--but just not today...

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

This tells me two things,

One, they must be a big successful company because they have clocks on the walls with international times.

Two, Chris Robert creativity and style is summed up in his dress sense.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

EmesiS posted:

I believe this, and the loving snoopy hat obsession, is due to Croberts baldness. A toupee and a properly fitting helmet do not go together. I assume this is the motorcycle solution for those that can't wear a properly fitting (safe) helmet, and a snoopy cap would be the only layer one could use to potentially allow a insecure baldy to wear a helmet.

There are no snoopy caps in Star Citizen, and Chris specifically doesn't want them. I don't know why this is a thread meme.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Explain the alpaca and Porsche thing to me

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Alan Smithee posted:

Explain the alpaca and Porsche thing to me

CIG's kickstarter was recently spotted backing an Alpaca sweater kickstarter, it is, of course, overpriced and not 100% accurate.

The Porsche stuff refers to several things, although most commonly attributed to the fact that the Roberts' own Porsches despite not having a released product under the CIG/RSI name.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

XK posted:

Have you not seen the new GS series?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Own brand new Porsches. Like "still have the dealer plates" new.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[quote="“Exinos”" post="“477098578”"]
Release the patch you loving pussies.
[/quote]

Patch implies there's something salvageable in this loving mess

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[quote="“Jobbo_Fett”" post="“477099089”"]
The Porsche stuff refers to several things, although most commonly attributed to the fact that the Roberts’ own Porsches despite not having a released product under the CIG/RSI name.
[/quote]

They released the experience of eagerly awaiting the ultimate space game, much like how modern wealth is mainly based on speculation and overly generous valuations above anything of actual value.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

The Porsche payments are made in bitcoins.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Good news backers! If you have spent over $1,000.00 you get into the first wave of players to access 3.0 after the Evocati phase!

Time to get buying and unlock that early early access.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Solarin posted:

wish I had a bigger one of these for this post

:thurman:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Buying high end Porsche's as daily drivers is the try hard version of looking rich.

Nobody with a brain wants to daily drive that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

Own brand new Porsches. Like "still have the dealer plates" new.

He still has his dealer license. So he can pay a better price for those cars than the average shlep. It's still a boat load of money though.