Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nyeehg posted:

Altria has worked very well for me. She can fit into most teams due to her deck, has good attack, hp and decent np gain.Charisma and Mana Burst are excellent skills. Only team she doesn't work in is a crit team due to only having 1 crit card

Do greens have a higher crit bonus or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

genericnick posted:

Quick cards are more likely to make the enemy drop critical stars when you hit with them. so you'll have higher critical chances on the next turn.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

a kitten posted:

Oh huh. Guess it must have been my last ten pull and I was too annoyed by not getting any pirate ladies. Mainly I'm kind of miffed because I used all the cards on Stheno and she seems not that great and a friend's Carmilla has been helping me chew through these Riders for the daily. (and now I'm out of AP)

Ah well.

You'll take Stheno out of the closet for Camelot. And then put her back there.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Well, no cool pirate ladies, but I did get Vlad and Lancer Liz, so pretty OK?
Not sure I actually want to switch from Herc and Cu, though.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Was looking into how the various 'damage+ vs very very specific enemy types' compares to the more general one, and thankfully they do tend to be very substantial bonuses. Most 5*s with some variant on it start at a +50% which goes up to +100%, Sieg's only goes up to +80% but it does other things, Sanson's two are just 40-60% but he has two so there's a niche there

and then there's Boudica, with her uselessly specific anti-roman skill, which is also a mere 40-60%

I kind of wish Romulus's NP or something declared that all of his foes are now Roman to maybe make Boudica more usable in combination with him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

even with that kind of boost boudica is a tanking servant not a damaging one

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Gonna try getting some quartz before Cleopatra vanishes on JP. I want to Remember the Time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeiFF0gvqcc

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
New dailies are delightfully pleasant. Serpent Jewel drops from caster 10 AP dailies, how pleasant it is.

Now if it'd give me some drat Pieces to ascend Medea...

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
I'm just glad that basic blue Caster gems have more than single-digit drop rates now

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

So, the Strange/Fake ritual is all hosed up, right? So how about another failed copy ritual where the Servants aren't summoned but "possess" their Masters and become Stands? And what would be the Servants Stand names?

Cleopatra is Remember the Time, of course.
Drake is I want it all.
EMIYA... Owner of a Lonely Hear?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

MonsieurChoc posted:

EMIYA... Owner of a Lonely Hear?

how about Hurt

(I just really like this video and wanted to link it!)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

TheFireMagi posted:

how about Hurt

(I just really like this video and wanted to link it!)

poo poo, that works way too well.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Finally got Medea to max ascension and almost level 6 Argon coin for Black grail fun times.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Easily farmable Caster gems at long last.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Which tier of this should I be running for SNAKE GEMS?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Clawtopsy posted:

Which tier of this should I be running for SNAKE GEMS?

Sunken Rock Seas in Okeanos is technically the most efficient for Snake Jewels, but if you want to run the Caster daily, 10 AP is 2nd most efficient.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dammit, another 30 Quartz down the drain. Looks like Cleo won't get to meet Caesar after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV_CwCTOOMI

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Marogareh posted:

Finally got Medea to max ascension and almost level 6 Argon coin for Black grail fun times.

how the gently caress did you get that to level 6, alongside hopefully Medea's actually useful skill to a higher level than that

up until these dailies i had one standard caster gem. the whole game. all of my casters are at 1/1/1

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Soon my Waver will break the 2/2/2 barrier.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

how the gently caress did you get that to level 6, alongside hopefully Medea's actually useful skill to a higher level than that

up until these dailies i had one standard caster gem. the whole game. all of my casters are at 1/1/1

Got divine words to 6 and need two more gold gems for level 6 argon. They gave out gems of every class and I think rarity in one of the early campaigns but I forgot which one it was. Medea was the only caster I had that was a worth a drat until recently so it was an easy choice.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 6, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
HALF AP EMBERS ARE A GO.

REPEAT! HALF AP EMBERS for a week! 10/10 to 17/10

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Looks like they heard me bitching about how many servants I've been ascending with the new dailies.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That would've been better around Okeanos when I needed a ton of cards for Euryale and Anne/Mary :/

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
The new dailies are sooo good. Went from having Waver's skills at 1/1/1 to 3/3/4 in one AP bar.

I'm warming up to the yuri pirates after doing their interlude, but at lvl 70 their NP is still not exactly blowing me away. I've gotten it to hit for 400k, but that took them being super low with Black Grail, getting Waver and Drake buffs and hitting a Caster debuffed by Waver's NP.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
400k, not blowing.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Regarding the new dailies, I feel like it kind of breaks down like this:

10AP: Blue gems, might also be best for mats for pure drop/AP rates
20AP: Only if you need both blue & red gems equally
30AP: Red gems, class pieces
40AP: Gold gems, class monuments, mats (at least they seem to have the best drop rates, though the increased AP cost may ultimately make it less efficient)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sophism posted:

The new dailies are sooo good. Went from having Waver's skills at 1/1/1 to 3/3/4 in one AP bar.

I'm warming up to the yuri pirates after doing their interlude, but at lvl 70 their NP is still not exactly blowing me away. I've gotten it to hit for 400k, but that took them being super low with Black Grail, getting Waver and Drake buffs and hitting a Caster debuffed by Waver's NP.

Wait, how'd you get 70? I thought their ascension material wasn't available.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Tae posted:

Wait, how'd you get 70? I thought their ascension material wasn't available.

Nero Fest had Homunculus Babies in the shop. After that I just had to farm some Ghost Lanterns.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I fed all those babies to my cat but now I need so many more for ascension and skills :cry:

e:

Oh right. How are Anne and Mary on their own without that np that erodes their hit points? Any particular teammates or other ce I should use?

a kitten fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 6, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

At least Cat paid you back with some claws and a nice dinner.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

a kitten posted:

I fed all those babies to my cat but now I need so many more for ascension and skills :cry:

e:

Oh right. How are Anne and Mary on their own without that np that erodes their hit points? Any particular teammates or other ce I should use?

Their NP gain isn't the worst, but it's not exactly great, so anything that helps with that first of all. (Waver is of course the ideal, if you have one or a friend with one.) Other than that NP buffs and crit buffs.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

genericnick posted:

To elaborate, a crit team relies on getting as many crit stars as possible. Your more likely to get crit stars if you use green quick cards and/or use attacks that hit multiple times. In general this means having servants with a few quick cards in their deck so you can get multiple quick chains.

Servants with only 1 quick card (like Altria) are usually a poor fit for a quick team because having only 1 quick card means you're much less likely to get quick chains, meaning you struggle to consistently get enough crit stars.

There are exceptions to this though. Drake and Gilgamesh only have 1 quick card so appear to be a bad fit at first glance. However, all of their attacks hit multiple times so they still generate a respectable (or in Gils case ridiculous) amount of crit stars.

Nyeehg fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 6, 2017

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

But I suppose you also don't want too many qick cards since base damage is lowest and you'd rather crit on a buster card.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

genericnick posted:

But I suppose you also don't want too many qick cards since base damage is lowest and you'd rather crit on a buster card.

In practice yes because that's the way the meta works out, but in principle Quick card crits are very good too; a critical on a Quick card does more damage than a normal Buster, almost as much NP charge as a normal Arts and gives you a load of stars so you'll crit again next turn.

Unfortunately things don't really go that way because there are much better supports for Buster and Arts cards than for Quick cards, because critical stars don't benefit NPs at all and because there are lots of ways to get all the stars you'll ever need without even using them. I don't know how they'll ever make Quick cards relevant again as long as Fragments of 2030 exists.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

genericnick posted:

Yep, you want a mix of servants who can generate crit stars and servants who can capitalise on the stars generated.
Part of the reason Gilgamesh does so well on a crit team is that he can do both effectively. His attacks produce a good number of stars and his collector skill allows him to hoard any crit stars generated by the team. When Gil crits on a buster he does insane damage.

Anne and Mary are also a natural fit for a crit team since they have 2 buster cards and all their active skills are about making them crit harder and more often.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm assuming the 2030 meta is, have one or two Servants with 2030, and a third damage dealer with either a super high gather rate class like Rider/Archer (presumably with a critical damage boosting CE) or a servant with a star gathering CE. Might go nicely with someone like Hans who can generate stars on his own and has a low gather rate as well.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I'm assuming the 2030 meta is, have one or two Servants with 2030, and a third damage dealer with either a super high gather rate class like Rider/Archer (presumably with a critical damage boosting CE) or a servant with a star gathering CE. Might go nicely with someone like Hans who can generate stars on his own and has a low gather rate as well.

Beyond a certain point I don't think gather rate even matters? With multiple 2030s, a stars-over-time effect from someone like Hans or Merlin and a damage dealer or two critting with high hit count buster cards it should be perfectly possible to consistently get 40-50 stars every turn without ever using Quick cards.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
One 2030 gives 8 stars. Three will provide a constant 24 stars that's litterally 50% crit chance all aboard for any team. Put them with star absorb servant, however, means two of its card will be 100% every turn until the skill expire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Is grailing SAlter or Medusa worth it or should I save them for JAlter that I'll roll in 3 years?

Finally got both to final ascension - love those new dailies.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 6, 2017