Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
smump me up fam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/916103916252794880

:monocle:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

Talking about reality like a TV show is no longer glib or ironic, because the president sees the world as a TV show and makes decisions based on that. The president wants reality to get good ratings.

i love the idea that north korean (and other) intel guys are watching pirated copies of the apprentece to get a deeper understanding of trump

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

enchilada sauce is almost done simmering :yum:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bet there's a book about this, some old sci-fi novel from back when TV was new about a dystopia where the government managed the country like a TV show. Everybody was afraid we were gonna end up in 1984, but instead we're in some forgotten Frederik Pohl novel

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Vertical Lime posted:

20 hours until rex is eliminated from survivor: white house

In one episode of the apprentice Trump fired 4 people in the board room.
I hope the storm is like that.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Nastier Nate posted:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wont someone please think of the executives!!!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

even I have a company car get hosed General Electricucks

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

I bet there's a book about this, some old sci-fi novel from back when TV was new about a dystopia where the government managed the country like a TV show. Everybody was afraid we were gonna end up in 1984, but instead we're in some forgotten Frederik Pohl novel

you mean the truman show?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was it Pohl who wrote that story about the future where mechanization had made everyone so productive that way too many things were being produced and if they weren't bought then the economy would collapse so the government made consumerism the law and people were forced to constantly buy new things except for the rich who were allowed to not buy stuff?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoeank posted:

even I have a company car get hosed General Electricucks

you laugh now but just you wait til they come for your company computer you use to shitpost

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
[quote="“deadgoon”" post="“477097942”"]
trump is president because that one guy took his star trek wife to a sex party
[/quote]

wait, what does Jeri Ryan have to do with trump?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Was it Pohl who wrote that story about the future where mechanization had made everyone so productive that way too many things were being produced and if they weren't bought then the economy would collapse so the government made consumerism the law and people were forced to constantly buy new things except for the rich who were allowed to not buy stuff?

if so then that was oddly specific

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
i love the smell of a new trump thread

smells like piss tape

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

got any sevens posted:

that guy lost his political career in the fallout and if not for that then lmao look at this fool who things anything would have stopped the unmattering

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Addamere posted:

you laugh now but just you wait til they come for your company computer you use to shitpost

I have one of those too lmao

and a work iPhone

I just have to have people yell at me literally all day (insurance claims)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Addamere posted:

if so then that was oddly specific

I remember reading that story but I can't remember if it was Pohl or Sturgeon or someone else

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Kelly and Mattis were not mentioned at this party so it sounds like Trump is just talking stupid. Mattis and Kelly will make any decision such as going to war.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah thats "the midas plague"

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

got any sevens posted:

Obama took the guy's senate nomination over this and the rest is history.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am on the edge of my seat. Piss tape has never felt so close.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
is the storm a military coup

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

got any sevens posted:

Jeri Ryan divorced her husband because he forced her to go to BDSM sex parties. The revelation of that led to him losing his run for Senate to a young Barack Obama

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Addamere posted:

that guy lost his political career in the fallout and if not for that then lmao look at this fool who things anything would have stopped the unmattering

he didnt have much of a career left, just a longshot run for the WH

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Shinjobi posted:

I am on the edge of my seat. Piss tape has never felt so close.

you ain't kidding

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-dossier-robert-mueller-678695

mueller is going after the piss tape now

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Reince Penis posted:

Obama took the guy's senate nomination over this and the rest is history.

seat, not nom. jack thompson was gop as hell

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

deadgoon posted:

yeah thats "the midas plague"

thanks

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

"Well, you see a black man can't possibly know what's good for the security of the nation." - What Trump actually means, probably.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gringostar posted:

you ain't kidding

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-dossier-robert-mueller-678695

mueller is going after the piss tape now

look at this!!!

:popeye:

nothing burger

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/916107024806678531

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

I can't find a partial clip but very relevant first 45 seconds or so:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5owdhh

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Who won the Iowa primary again hnmmmnmm

CLICK

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
JEB!

*clap?*

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

The Nastier Nate posted:

Sexy Rex fired next, off to collect unemployment checks.

Just to be contrary, I'ma say Kelly gets it B4 Sexy Rexxy. Firing Rex is just what they expect rn.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

god drat america

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

petit choux posted:

Just to be contrary, I'ma say Kelly gets it B4 Sexy Rexxy. Firing Rex is just what they expect rn.

Naw he's gonna make Rex fire Kelly

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Good job Iowa, you replaced a black man you refused to take help from with a white one who refuses to give it because your citizens dying makes him feel validated

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

maybe this will wipe out steve kings district

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Nastier Nate posted:

Tillerson/Mnuchin/Mattis and Zinke

• Locked thread