Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
I used the elf but they changed her voice and now she is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

rip arisa's gasp

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Awesome! posted:

why have you not bowed down to me yet?

u have an inferior knack gang tag

E: gently caress i forgot my av got changed and i lost my superior snipperclips gang tag fuccck

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I've been having fun with storm haven but it feels really inconsistent on speed

But sometimes you get openers like this one:

(with a turn 3 birdsong topdeck)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Mirthless posted:

I mulched all my havencraft legendaries (no interest) and added a couple of Mars to my deck. I wish I'd spend the vials on something else (I'm still 1 albert shy of a complete set) but I'm liking how she combos with some cards... Romeo seems pretty bad but I'm thinking about playing around with him for that turn 5 combo - 2/4 2 drop with ward and Clash +1/+0 seems like it could be pretty good?? I've been doing this with Juliet and had some pretty good luck but I feel like I can't really take advantage of the Clash on a 2/2 unless I'm playing against a fairy deck

Update: yeah Mars/Romeo is completely ridiculous

2/4 is beefy enough to survive against a lot of what can be on the board at that stage in the game, people are really hesitant to bash monsters into something with a permanent Clash bonus and both Romeo and Mars need to be dealt with on the turn they're dropped or they become a problem. Evolved/Mars'd Romeo is a 5/6 Ward at minimum, he can't be left alone. But Mars buffs most of what you drop and there are a lot of things you can put on the field on Turn 6 that are hard to cope with, especially multi-summon abilities, so she either demands some stupid trades with Romeo to get her, or bypassing romeo directly with hard removal. A Floral Fencer or an Albert+Quickblader with Mars and Ephemera on the board can be pretty hard to beat.

quote:

Followers:
1- Quickblader x3
2- Naval Guard Simone x2
2- Bladed Hedgehog x2
2- Lancer x3
3- Blitz Lancer x3
3- Captain Lecia x1
3- Old Man and Old Woman x1
3- Princess Juliet x3
3- Lord General Romeo x3
3- Mars, Silent Flame x2
4- Ephemera, Angelic Slacker x2
4- Floral Fencer x3
4- Juno, Levin Vanguard x3
4- Amelia, Silver Paladin x1
5- Albert, Levin Saber x2
6- Sage Commander x2
6- Tsubaki x1

Spells:
5- Execution x1
5- Dance of Death x1
5- Council of Card Knights x2

Probably gonna replace the Councils with Alwida's since the card knights are all Neutral :(

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Oct 5, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Put in round table assembly instead

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jimmy Hats posted:

Put in round table assembly instead

oh, duh

thanks! I'll switch them as soon as i have the vials.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope dragon decks continue to go all in on PDK because I can beat her but I can't beat the Sahaquiel package

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
11-win streak in AA with Daria, four of which are my worst matchup. AA2 is so close I can taste it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I've been playing an aggro forest list that just feels like daria in terms of speed and ability to build a board out of nowhere but with access to liza:

just picked it up earlier today and 3-0 in master with it, it feels a little less consistent than aggro blood but liza is so overpowered right now, especially against PDK, nep, and (lol) dshift.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've played against that or decks like it and it seems really good. I'm not sure the Daria comparison is a good one (it seems to be 1-2 turns faster but without the powerful midgame) but I wouldn't be surprised if it's top tier right now.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

I've played against that or decks like it and it seems really good. I'm not sure the Daria comparison is a good one (it seems to be 1-2 turns faster but without the powerful midgame) but I wouldn't be surprised if it's top tier right now.

I think of it like daria in the sense that you can build a huge board out of nowhere and you have really strong storm (although you're lacking a bit in reach)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
People are really, really bad at the PDK mirror.

Hint: Dragon has plenty of cards that can hit your PDKs you idiots, including my own PDKs.

It helps that my deck has much more draw than the netdeck. (and a single baha to brick with get me out of weird situations)

Zoness posted:

I think of it like daria in the sense that you can build a huge board out of nowhere and you have really strong storm (although you're lacking a bit in reach)

But daria is not really famous for strong storm followers? And you cannot build a really strong board out of nowhere with your deck? (You need cards, evos for free fairies, and PP, unlike Daria).

Anyways, aggro forest is good and fun and destroys aggro sword if they are not paying attention.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 6, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo! Super low curve, All-the-draw Atomy is ridiculously good.

Switching between aggro weenies, a big target, and storm makes it really hard for an opponent to be able to react.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

But daria is not really famous for strong storm followers? And you cannot build a really strong board out of nowhere with your deck? (You need cards, evos for free fairies, and PP, unlike Daria).

Anyways, aggro forest is good and fun and destroys aggro sword if they are not paying attention.

Well it's not just storm followers but Daria can lethal for 5-9 pretty easily from an empty board and refills really quickly midgame.

Aggro forest doesn't just reset out of nowhere but if you play it carefully you can keep a hand stocked really easily just on rebounces.

Either way personally I'm a big fan of aggro blood over other lists right now. It has good redundancy like sword but trades sheer speed for much better reach.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, what the hell can they do? (had good luck in the draw but didn't get the nuts).

This is against hyper-aggro blood and I've already killed 2 bats, dropped a 8/8 on 3, and re-filled my hand to full. And next turn the peacock is gonna make sure I outdraw everything until I either connect a good couple of hits or reach 20 shadows. Even going second should be fine in this case because he would have to trade the Veight anyways.

This has a good chance to beat everything but aggro-sword (tech foul tempest?), which is slightly favored.

vvvv It's either tier 1 or 2. The ridiculous amount of draw that shadow got with only 1 and 2pp cards is what makes it possible vvvvv

trucutru fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 6, 2017

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Is atomy no longer just a meme? :shepface:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
if anything atomy might be one of the better shadow decks at the moment

staircase and peacock helped a lot

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Jesus christ this game sucks poo poo right now

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I'm trying not to get too mad about it because i'm still new but I am genuinely finding PDK to be the most infuriating deck I've ever played against in a card game before. The card does too many things when you consider it's cost and how hard (impossible) it is for a lot of deck archetypes to do anything about. A permanent with a (somewhat) reliable, repeatable removal mechanic that can be played with multiple cards in the same turn and impact the board on the turn it comes out should not be this hard to get rid of!

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 6, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mirthless posted:

I'm trying not to get too mad about it because i'm still new but I am genuinely finding PDK to be the most infuriating deck I've ever played against in a card game before. The card does too many things when you consider it's cost and how hard (impossible) it is for a lot of deck archetypes to do anything about. A permanent with a reliable, repeatable removal mechanic that can be played with multiple cards in the same turn and impact the board on the turn it comes out should not be this hard to get rid of!

Don't worry, they gave everybody a spell that hits all cards for four dama... Oh, yeah.

Ok, just spend five or more pp removing the 3pp card from the ramp class and...

Honestly, her shield should be an entrance (7). So you had to choose between comboing on the same turn {and only 2 or so other cards} or being safe. Then the removal cost wouldn't be ludicrous.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 6, 2017

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I run Nyx as well in the deck. Not only does this make PDK even more impossible to remove, it can also shield Eyfa or Forte too.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Between Ceres and PDK this expansion is pretty hostile to x/2s. I wonder if they were afraid +1/+0 Alice would still be too good.

PDK could probably stand to be like a 1/3 without an overflow effect but my deck beats it and loses to old dragon decks so I'm gonna just enjoy having a positive matchup against the meta for once.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
So I'm starting this game today, I have no particular attachment to any class,I tend to bounce around what play style I enjoy in tcgs, is this a good start for legends or should I reroll:

Prime Dragon Keeper
Barbarossa
Beauty and the Beast
Dark Jeanne
White Wolf
Enstatued Seraph
Queen of the Dead Sea
Belphegor
Eidolon of Madness
Sea Queen Otohime
Zodiac Demon
Pluto
Heavenly Aegis
King Elephant

I was referencing the OP but it looks like it's an expansion or so behind so I'm not really sure about some of these.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

EGSunBro posted:

So I'm starting this game today, I have no particular attachment to any class,I tend to bounce around what play style I enjoy in tcgs, is this a good start for legends or should I reroll:

Prime Dragon Keeper
Barbarossa
Beauty and the Beast
Dark Jeanne
White Wolf
Enstatued Seraph
Queen of the Dead Sea
Belphegor
Eidolon of Madness
Sea Queen Otohime
Zodiac Demon
Pluto
Heavenly Aegis
King Elephant

I was referencing the OP but it looks like it's an expansion or so behind so I'm not really sure about some of these.

Your quantity is definitely good. Of those, PDK, Seraph, Aegis, and Belphegor are definitely top tier, with most of the rest being plausible when starting out. Definitely don't reroll.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The thing that irrationality pisses me off the most about PDK is it's a 1/5 for 3. It has bonus stats for it's cost without any drawback and that just flies in the face of the drat formula.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you should probably keep that

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jimmy Hats posted:

The thing that irrationality pisses me off the most about PDK is it's a 1/5 for 3. It has bonus stats for it's cost without any drawback and that just flies in the face of the drat formula.

yeah honestly if the only nerf to it is to make it a 1/4 i wouldnt mind

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there any site that has the voice lines for the leaders in all languages? I can find it for the base and first set of alternate leaders but not for anything else.

e: never mind I found it. http://sv.bagoum.com/leader

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 6, 2017

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

cheetah7071 posted:

Your quantity is definitely good. Of those, PDK, Seraph, Aegis, and Belphegor are definitely top tier, with most of the rest being plausible when starting out. Definitely don't reroll.

Awesome! posted:

you should probably keep that

Alright thanks. Now to actually figure out how to play this game.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I lost like 6 in a row with 2478 Nep so I decided to craft the 1 Tyrant and 2 Atomy I was missing and yeah, this deck is super fun. Storm Sword had to trade their entire board to avoid lethal against an Atomy, an evolved Lich, and a Mammoth.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I'm pretty sure Lord Atomy is secret top-tier.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I got to play Atomy 4 times in one game against a Dragon thanks to Usher of Styx. It would've been 5 times if the game had gone long enough.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Atomy (no longer atomeme) is a really fun combo deck. I prefer the low-cost version with nothing but Atomy and Tyrant (only 2) above 3 pp. I have decked myself out with this deck.

All the draw: Staircase, Soul Convert, Demon Eater, Skullcradle, Peacock.
The last words: Skill beast, Belenus, Chimera, Attendant.
The removal: Lurching and Lil' Soulsquasher
Plus haunted house to combo.

Hard mulligan for Atomy. Keep the staircase against most stuff and the skill beast plus haunted house against aggro.

The mammoth, styx (and other revivals), depend too much on drawing Atomy early for my taste.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jimmy Hats posted:

Seriously if it was a 1/5 for 3 with an Evolve: "Do 2 damage to a random enemy" effect it would probably still be in TONS of decks. It is definitely one of the most undercosted cards in the game right now, if not the most undercosted period.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mirthless posted:

Seriously if it was a 1/5 for 3 with an Evolve: "Do 2 damage to a random enemy" effect it would probably still be in TONS of decks.
nah

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

There are plenty of 3 drops that get used for effects like that and a 3/7 can make a lot of trades :shrug: Maybe that's not a great proposition in a ramp deck but it's still pretty good in the grand scheme of things

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there are no other dragon decks than ramp and pdk. if you kill the main feature of pdk that deck dies and you are left with dragon = ramp again. you never play that card in a ramp deck so you never play that card.

there is also otk which is pretty meme tier right now but you still would not run that i dont think

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
pdk is like a midrange version of d-shift: It shits on all midrange decks, just like d-shift does to control. Issue is that, being midrange itself, it has a good fighting chance across the board, even against decks that teched against it. I am seeing more and more pdks with urd on it because decks that can deal with the pdk have trouble dealing with lots of storm.

Anyways, for whatever it's worth, all 16 top players in the latest JCG open brought a pdk deck to the tournament. The winner also had Atomy :smug: (using an even more aggressive list that the one I play, which is plenty aggro ), second place had Neph :smugdog:. So "enjoy" the deck while it last because it is getting nerfed. Issue is that it's not safe to craft the pdks as they might instead hit dragon in the sibyls.

e: Found this in the :reddit:

Poor Eris and Arisa. They have good decks but they are not consistent enough for tournaments, it appears.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I expect PDK and something from aggro sword to get nerfed in the next window. I dunno what you could do to sword without just wrecking the deck though, the deck is really built on having a critical mass of one-drops and cheap storm cards, with none of them being individually all that good.

• Locked thread