Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
But people are talking about how powerful he is, not how popular he is. The first thing is what matters wrt buffs/nerfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
When will Symmetra finally be nerfed so quickplay will be free from the tyranny of the laser chainsaw, I ask you?

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

DeliciousCookie posted:

I kinda feel like discussions like these are forgetting that comp isn't the only game mode played. Cause Genji has like a near 100% pickrate in QP.

8.63%, which translates closer to 52% pickrate (ish, overbuff's numbers aren't perfect thanks to the way that winrate is counted). Also, QP has even more confounding factors than competitive for statistical analysis. Most notably, Blizzard doesn't even track winrate in QP anymore.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Yes, lets buff Genju by giving him an instant zero-warning 120 damage slash instead of minutely adjusting one of his other abilities.

Kai Tave posted:

When will Symmetra finally be nerfed so quickplay will be free from the tyranny of the laser chainsaw, I ask you?

As soon as you learn keyboard and mouse because she's still 'eh' on PC.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Thor-Stryker posted:

Yes, lets buff Genju by giving him an instant zero-warning 120 damage slash instead of minutely adjusting one of his other abilities.

I don't think Kai Tave actually thinks Sym is OP.

Thor-Stryker posted:

As soon as you learn keyboard and mouse because she's still 'eh' on PC.

Genji's instaslash is a bug.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The Blue Caboose posted:

I don't think Kai Tave actually thinks Sym is OP.

She jumps. Jumps! How the hell are you supposed to deal with that?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The only thing I really hate about Symmetra is when she sticks all her turrets around a spawn point in FFA and murders you on arrival. Or you drag yourself out to get casually picked off by someone passing by.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Ashcans posted:

The only thing I really hate about Symmetra is when she sticks all her turrets around a spawn point in FFA and murders you on arrival. Or you drag yourself out to get casually picked off by someone passing by.

That is insanely cheap, yes. It makes me glad Symmetra is still fairly uncommon in FFA and in my experience, never really ranks that high because the majority of her kills come from the spawncamping.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hello page 1337 how are you

1337 like jeff kaplan

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think I need to say this here but I need to say this.

loving LOOK AROUND YOU DUMBSHITS. As Orisa I'm consistently the only one firing at Pharahs and flankers that are otherwise killing the team, and people regularly turn their backs on Genjis to do whatever other useless poo poo they think they need to do. I guess that'll improve if I go up in competitive ranks, but jesus.

I'd really love 'rendering device lost' crashes to stop happening in competitive games.

I'd also love to stop being set against silvers and golds while doing my placement rounds.

Even the people I have been placed against have been all 'why the gently caress is there an unranked in this match?' It's not like I'm good or anything, I've been getting destroyed by them.

So many edits: apparently 3 wins, a draw, and 6 losses in the placements is enough for 2081 SR. :toot:

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Oct 6, 2017

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Black Pants posted:

I guess that'll improve if I go up in competitive ranks, but jesus.

As far as I can tell from people higher than I am, the only thing that improves as you go up in rank is that people's aim gets slightly better. Even according to someone like Blinky, who topped at something like 4.6k SR, people are loving idiots all the way up to grandmasters.

The only thing you can count on improving is you. :black101:

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

totalnewbie posted:

Yeah, Mercy is basically target number 1 and everyone else is just gravy.

The games i usually end up in - I am a zen main and i have seen reaper dva and junkrat on the other team all do their ultis together just to kill me - and no one else is targetted....

Also the PUGs i get suck bigtime, i am a casual gamer and I am the only one on the payload EVER....

The other day my friend and I were in a pug, he is a fairly new player (about lvl 90 i think) and I am lvl 126 but we were in a team with everyone < lvl 30 and the opposing team had people with 800+ levels and a silver plaque (my friend says they are grandmasters or something)

Needless to say we lost, but it was close - question is, is it just the matchmaking sucking or did it think my friend and i were better than it thought and matched our SR higher?

We get this quite a lot BTW this is not a one off.

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 6, 2017

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Two things really. QP matchmaking sucks, grouping up pushes your MMR up slightly and many people who are legit good at the game don't play much QP, so their MMR is really low in QP but really high in comp.

I still go up against diamonds/masters in QP despite going up against GM's in comp, which isn't really fair for them but because its QP nobody really cares.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

The games i usually end up in - I am a zen main and i have seen reaper dva and junkrat on the other team all do their ultis together just to kill me - and no one else is targetted....

Also the PUGs i get suck bigtime, i am a casual gamer and I am the only one on the payload EVER....

As a support, particularly one with not a lot of mobility or defense, you probably shouldn't be on the payload unless your team's all around you or the enemy team has been wiped. Also, if you don't like being focused down, don't play a support.

Just saying - if you consistently find yourself all alone like that (particularly as a support), maybe you're the one out of position, not everyone else.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
This is the best page number!

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hello MLG page

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Black Pants posted:

I'd really love 'rendering device lost' crashes to stop happening in competitive games.

The last few versions of ATi drivers have been causing this, can't remember the version numbers but a quick Google of "rendering device lost overwatch" should help. You should just need to roll back to the last safe version.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

can reinhardt pin the tire though?

charge does 50 damage to anything it hits so it should just destroy the tire right

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Relative newbie here, posting on the meme page to say hello! :kiddo:

Kai Tave posted:

Lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Why hello there, page.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Wrong thread friendo!

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Hello 1337 friend.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Montalvo posted:

Wrong thread friendo!

he's not talking about the meme thread. this one is at page 1337

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

he's not talking about the meme thread. this one is at page 1337

My reading comprehension is extremely good.

Sorry friendo.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

As a support, particularly one with not a lot of mobility or defense, you probably shouldn't be on the payload unless your team's all around you or the enemy team has been wiped. Also, if you don't like being focused down, don't play a support.

Just saying - if you consistently find yourself all alone like that (particularly as a support), maybe you're the one out of position, not everyone else.

They were all being killed at spawn by the other members of the opposing team - and the widow was always at the back of the map on the high spot (and this is with overtime in effect)

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

TheresaJayne posted:

The other day my friend and I were in a pug, he is a fairly new player (about lvl 90 i think) and I am lvl 126 but we were in a team with everyone < lvl 30 and the opposing team had people with 800+ levels and a silver plaque (my friend says they are grandmasters or something)

Needless to say we lost, but it was close - question is, is it just the matchmaking sucking or did it think my friend and i were better than it thought and matched our SR higher?

We get this quite a lot BTW this is not a one off.

i can't speak to the SRs of the people you played against in some qp match but if you're curious in the future you can check it pretty easily by going to the groups tab in the social menu and hovering over everyone, but, account level / border color / how many stars someone has under their portrait don't mean a goddamn thing in general. the game's been out for over a year and there are a ton of people out there with silver borders, but just time invested in playing the game does NOT make someone good at it

if you were getting grandmasters on the other team and everyone on your team was under level 30 it's likely you got matched into a game with smurf accounts

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Minrad posted:

charge does 50 damage to anything it hits so it should just destroy the tire right

Tire's 100 hitpoints. A Firestrike will do it though.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Enallyniv posted:

The last few versions of ATi drivers have been causing this, can't remember the version numbers but a quick Google of "rendering device lost overwatch" should help. You should just need to roll back to the last safe version.

I don't know what you did to the internet but I'd been looking for a fix for this and had been getting conflicting 'fixes' until your post made me look again, which led me to finding a blue post listing the exact version I need to roll back to. So, thanks.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Help I still want to play Hanzo even though he's trash and I'm trash. I've never played him in a comp game because the shame would be too great, and he get slampicked on QP like all the drat time because of course he would.

Also sup 1337 dudes and dudettes

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The shorty thing is that Hanzo's kit rules and he's actually mad fun (Scattershot is OP and shouldn't just delete anyone besides tanks if they shoot your feet) but playing with a Hanoi who has good positioning and high sonic arrow uptime owns bones

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Just play him in FFA then where you can Hanzo to your hearts content and no one can bitch at you and if other people pick him you just get the joy of killing Hanzo as well! Bonus!

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
So jiangshi Mei is a thing after all?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Kinda need that Zen skin. Here's hoping golden orbs go as well with it as they do Ifrit.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Please, please Blizzard, for the love of god, Zen better loving have "r'lyeh cthulhu fhtagn" or I will riot.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
As long as he says it in his usual golden smooth tones I'll be down.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'm so loving mad about that symm skin

it's so good, it honestly might be my favorite skin in the game right now, i'm insanely jealous that characters i actually play don't get skins that good

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
symm would be the kind of person who shows up to a halloween costume party with a professionally designed monster cosplay

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I like the idea of Mei pouring her heart into stitching together this cute jiangshi outfit and getting some little plastic vampire fangs from the dollar store as the finishing touch. "I'll win this costume contest for sure!"

And then Symmetra walks into the party covered head to toe in flawless Rick Baker caliber prosthetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drat I want that cthulhu zen and I don't even play him