Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the difference now is that instead of there being a different galaxy s (the flagship) for each carrier that's broken in unique ways, there's only one galaxy s (or at least close enough to the same), but there's a dozen models that are more expensive and worse than a moto g5+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the flagship android smartphone manages to be slower than bloatware loaded sarnsungs

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

the flagship android smartphone manages to be slower than bloatware loaded sarnsungs

isn't the samsng the flagship?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Cocoa Crispies posted:

isn't the samsng the flagship?

i always assumed the pixel series were intended by google to be the real face of the android brand

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

pixels are not slower than samsungs

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i always assumed the pixel series were intended by google to be the real face of the android brand

oh right i forgot about those because nobody has one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

they're called pixels becuase when you see one you turn 360 degrees and pick another phone

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

they're called pixels becuase when you see one you turn 360 degrees and pick another phone

but you are facing anroid shelf then

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
they're called pixels because they're just as good as the adam sandler film

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

pixel talk!

in denmark when the pixels came out they would run you the same as a high-tier iphone plus model. Now they're merely as expensive as the regular iphones.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
imagine paying iphone money but ending up with an android

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Endless Mike posted:

speaking of which, google has an announcement tomorrow morning, so don't waste your pixel laughs today.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The Management posted:

speaking of which, google has an announcement tomorrow morning, so don't waste your pixel laughs today.

evidently some of the lineup got spoilered by loving walmart

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

infernal machines posted:

evidently some of the lineup got spoilered by loving walmart

google's new partner in the fight against amazon really coming through here

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Endless Mike posted:

why doesn't it do that *after* taking the picture?

also, in the latest 'what niche haven't we filled?' news, lg is releasing a mosquito-repellent phone

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/09/lg-is-releasing-a-mosquito-repellent-phone-but-it-probably-wont-work/

they should make a phone that protects you from fan death by including an O2 sensor

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Endless Mike posted:

why doesn't it do that *after* taking the picture?

they fixed this in 7.0 by just entirely removing the "new picture" implicit broadcast. now with 8.0, apps that target it can't use implicit broadcasts at all, instead having to use JobScheduler (which i think is like GCD in ios)

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

~Coxy posted:

they should make a phone that protects you from fan death by including an O2 sensor

I think that's a Korean thing not an Indian thing?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

re: new google pixel

it has no headphone jack. You also don't get headphones in the box. You get the dongle though.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Boiled Water posted:

it has no headphone jack. You also don't get headphones in the box. You get the dongle though.

More like "you get the dong", ammirite?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Schadenboner posted:

More like "you get the dong", ammirite?

you definitely get screwed twice

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Boiled Water posted:

goog wants to copy the dongle strat but doesn't get that they're supposed to be sold separately

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Google is generous with cords and dongles. With my 6P I got 2 good rear end usb c cables (c to c with the super charger wall wart) and an a to c. Then with my Fi kit I got a cool very short a to c cable. Bravo to Google! 🎉

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schadenboner posted:

I think that's a Korean thing not an Indian thing?

in any case, no one with an android has any fans so :shrug:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
[quote="“Smythe”" post="“477087697”"]
Google is generous with cords and dongles. With my 6P I got 2 good rear end usb c cables (c to c with the super charger wall wart) and an a to c. Then with my Fi kit I got a cool very short a to c cable. Bravo to Google! 🎉
[/quote]

pixel 2 does not include headphones of any kind

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
but how are pixel users meant to charge their phones and listen to their music at the same time. its apparently a super common thing and no an edge case that they cant do without that without dongles. they dont even have wireless charging. how depressing

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I applaud google for their courage

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I charge my phone in the car while playing podcasts with the aux cable every day, it's super common for iPhone and Android users my dude

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Athletic Footjob posted:

but how are pixel users meant to charge their phones and listen to their music at the same time. its apparently a super common thing and no an edge case that they cant do without that without dongles. they dont even have wireless charging. how depressing
android is linux and sound doens't work on linux so the problem works itself out

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Smythe posted:

smythe, just a yospos meta update: the hot trend in trolling these days is defending apple products, ala cremnob

i look forward to the innovation you can bring to this new and exciting subject matter

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the best phone is the iphone SE

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Management posted:

pixel 2 does not include headphones of any kind

where in my post did i mention headphones? literacy much?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

the best phone is the iphone SE

it's too small and has bad software, including the wrong OS.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

i didn't know you could post three so wrong opinions in one short post yet here we are

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

you're like the hemingway of wrong, which is impressive

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

technically, hemingway was the hemingway of wrong.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

for sale: usb dongle, never used

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

you're like the hemingway of wrong, which is impressive

and ur a nobody lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

technically, hemingway was the hemingway of wrong.

oh please

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I charge my phone in the car while playing podcasts with the aux cable every day, it's super common for iPhone and Android users my dude
marketing really likes bluetooth and sees that as the solution to all problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Because it is