Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cloud the Cat posted:

Sources? Nothing was ever proved I thought.

No it was never proved, never will be either. Hartlett seems like an alright guy, but the rumours about Boak not being able to keep his fly up are much older than this alleged incident, and still persist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

realbez posted:

The crows are refusing to trade Cameron.

hah!

weird how port dont get a constant exodus of players. its almost like the crows are lovely club behind the scenes and players cant wait to bail the first chance they get..

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

hah!

weird how port dont get a constant exodus of players. its almost like the crows are lovely club behind the scenes and players cant wait to bail the first chance they get..

Jarman Impey told Port this week he wants to be traded, and like Cameron he still has a year left.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Is it possible that Adelaide's players are much better than Port's and get headhunted by Melbourne clubs every year?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Yeah who the gently caress would want spuds like Wines or Gray imo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Melbourne Give: Watts, p10
Get: Lever
Sydney Give: Tippett
Get: Watts
Adelaide Give: Lever
Get: p10, Tippett

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yeah who the gently caress would want spuds like Wines or Gray imo

They're both out of contract at the end of next year, so let's see what happens.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

Jenkins should go and get hosed. Bragging about Dangerfield missing out on a premiership in the week leading up to the grand final and then being worst on ground in a team that got smashed all across the MCG.

That was all tongue-in-cheek banter between mates to be fair

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Jenkins and Dangerfield used to do a podcast together before he left

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Melbourne Give: Watts, p10
Get: Lever
Sydney Give: Tippett
Get: Watts
Adelaide Give: Lever
Get: p10, Tippett

works for me, adelaide would be really keen to get tippett back yeah

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

works for me, adelaide would be really keen to get tippett back yeah

That's what I figure given how upset they were to lose him

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The last good game Tippett has played was the 2012 prelim

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Keep Cameron trade Jenkins

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Freo have taken a broom to their list

quote:

The list update takes into account the retirements of Garrick Ibbotson and Zac Dawson, while senior listed players Zac Clarke, Jon Griffin and Sam Collins and rookies Josh Deluca and Matthew Uebergang have been advised that their contracts would not be extended for the 2018 season.

If only Uebergang lived up to the awesomeness of his name

Our rucks are going to be a dinosaur and a bunch of kids next season

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

darcy is a pretty good kid to have though

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It's honestly hard to imagine why some players may choose to hide their intention to leave the Crows until after the season, given the maturity they have shown in dealing with rejection.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

realbez posted:

An idea that worked out so well for the big Bud.
Well it did work out reasonably well for him. Sure there was a bit of tabloid rubbish bin raiding but it got him out of the bubble into a town where there's a hundred bigger dickheads playing league.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Aaron Francis (pick 6 in 2015) has requested a trade home to :siren:South Australia:siren: despite being contracted with Essendon until the end of 2019.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

It's honestly hard to imagine why some players may choose to hide their intention to leave the Crows until after the season, given the maturity they have shown in dealing with rejection.

"AFL.com.au understands Lever intended to fulfill his final commitment as a Crows player, but was advised by club officials that it wouldn't be a good idea."

Seems reasonable to me; Lever was just being a greedy bastard and was looking for a free feed!

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Not sure you can take your club kit to the tip and then go to the B&F a few days later

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Periphery posted:

Aaron Francis (pick 6 in 2015) has requested a trade home to :siren:South Australia:siren: despite being contracted with Essendon until the end of 2019.

There's a lot of talk about Francis failing skinfold tests and repeatedly failing to hit fitness targets the bombers set for him, and that he doesn't have the work ethic to be more than a state league player, ala Damian Cupido.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
[quote="“Periphery”" post="“477106911”"]
[/quote]

If they want to clear the decks for Smith, Stringer and Saad they'll probably let him go.

Hopefully we can get him for the Lever 1st (or the Cameron pick if that happens)

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
[quote="“NTRabbit”" post="“477106982”"]
There’s a lot of talk about Francis failing skinfold tests and repeatedly failing to hit fitness targets the bombers set for him, and that he doesn’t have the work ethic to be more than a state league player, ala Damian Cupido.
[/quote]

Tex will abuse him over the phone until he gets swole

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Some went hunting in the dump, turns out Lever really did throw out a whole bunch of Crows gear, there are photos of kit bags and attire with his personalised barcode on it

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Periphery posted:

"AFL.com.au understands Lever intended to fulfill his final commitment as a Crows player, but was advised by club officials that it wouldn't be a good idea."

Seems reasonable to me; Lever was just being a greedy bastard and was looking for a free feed!
Decorum indicates you should attend the B&F before you take out the trash.

Although which club is the one that has their do absurdly late like in November? Isn't it Freo?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
poo poo news about Francis, whichever of Port or the Crows gets him (assuming Essendon can't talk him out of it) has got a gem on their hands once he gets an injury free run at it.

NTRabbit posted:

No it was never proved, never will be either. Hartlett seems like an alright guy, but the rumours about Boak not being able to keep his fly up are much older than this alleged incident, and still persist.

Ryder is in good company then

NTRabbit posted:

Nobody bought it when Port said the same about Hamish Hartlett this time last year, but he's still there

Hartlett wasn't publicly trashed by his coach and former captain in the media either

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

darcy is a pretty good kid to have though

Quietly excited about him, hopefully he keeps developing at the rate he has been.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Adelaide: the club that stripped Gunston of his 'best young player' (or something like that) award because he announced he wanted to be traded.

The Deadly Hume posted:

Well it did work out reasonably well for him. Sure there was a bit of tabloid rubbish bin raiding but it got him out of the bubble into a town where there's a hundred bigger dickheads playing league.

I don't know. There was the occasional poo poo storm surrounding him here, but it seems like news.com.au has a story (usually being rude) about either him or Jesinta much more often than there used to be.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

They told Lever to not bother showing up to the best and fairest as well

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gay picnic defence posted:

They told Lever to not bother showing up to the best and fairest as well

Dangerfield went to the B&F having already left. Lever possibly wanted to be less of a greedy and tremendous dickhead about his departure if he wanted to attend on the way out.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bombers asking for pick 16 in exchange for Francis. They must be having a laugh when he can't even run out a full VFL game at age 21.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Dangerfield went to the B&F having already left. Lever possibly wanted to be less of a greedy and tremendous dickhead about his departure if he wanted to attend on the way out.

Obviously I'm biased, but it seems like most non Adelaide non Melbourne people are of the opinion that Adelaide have handled this way worse than Lever has

VICTORIAN MEDIA BIAS

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

The Deadly Hume posted:

Decorum indicates you should attend the B&F before you take out the trash.

Although which club is the one that has their do absurdly late like in November? Isn't it Freo?

The Doig Medal is on Saturday, I think they wanted to wait for the WAFL GF to be done

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
What are the odds that all these trades involving the Dons get drawn out till the last day?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

Obviously I'm biased, but it seems like most non Adelaide non Melbourne people are of the opinion that Adelaide have handled this way worse than Lever has

VICTORIAN MEDIA BIAS

Yes, all the media interviews with Lever's manager, his family connections, Melbourne staff, and Melbourne conected media identities certainly have demonstrated that Lever is a good young lad being treated exceptionally poorly by mean old Adelaide

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

What are the odds that all these trades involving the Dons get drawn out till the last day?

Has Dodoro ever done a trade prior to the last day?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Periphery posted:

Smith and Saad seem like they'll be fairly straight forward. The Dogs for some reason expect a decent pick for Stringer so it might take a while for them to come around

Testekill posted:

Bombers asking for pick 16 in exchange for Francis. They must be having a laugh when he can't even run out a full VFL game at age 21.

He's been fine in the VFL, towards the end of the season he'd built up enough fitness to be ok-ish at AFL level and a decent preseason have him ready to go. Fitness was always the knock on him but he's already one of the strongest players at the club in his second year, has freakish ability when he gets the pill and a don't argue that would make Dusty blush. I'd much rather he stay than get traded so I'm fine with Essendon putting a decent price on him.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

quote:

Harley Balic has passed his medical tests with Melbourne and the Demons are now all but committed to bringing the midfielder across from Fremantle during the NAB AFL Trade Period.

Balic has requested a move home to Victoria after two seasons with the Dockers and it is understood Fremantle will now work to facilitate a trade to his club of choice.

The 20-year-old took indefinite leave from the club twice this season to deal with a personal issue and returned to Melbourne for a period during the season.

I didn't realise that he'd even nominated the Dees, but apparently he has?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’ve never heard of Harley Belic or this Francis guy that Essendon think is worth a first rounder

• Locked thread