Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mahoning posted:

Graphics are so good nowadays that I can't tell if it's in-engine footage or just a video recorded at a Trump rally.

Won't lie, I thought the exact same thing until I saw who tweeted it, and the Mature rating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Anyone have thoughts on steamworld dig 2?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

PantsBandit posted:

Apparently it's good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rexroom posted:

it's good.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Its a game

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I was playing some Splatoon and then my friend said they were on their way over so I just popped my switch out and waited by the front door so I wouldn't be rude and not hear them and was able to keep playing Salmon Run and get lots and lots of fish nice and dead. The switch is the best console for people who actually have a life sometimes.

I really want to check out golf story when I feel like I've cleared out my backlog a little bit. Sports is back on and it's distracting.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Rexroom posted:

Apparently it's good.

I've heard this but it's always from Games Journalists who have to play everything. I generally like to hear opinions from real people but nobody seems to be playing it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played it and it's good

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

PantsBandit posted:

I beaten it. It's very good, it mixes the metroid and mining mechanics much better than the first game, and even though it's only twice the length of the first game it feels expansive and explores the game's mechanics quite well.

The game also just feels very nice to play. And It's well suited for the Switch.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Steamworld Dig 2 is a good game and you should play it.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Oof, Troll and I is as bad as they say.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Modus Pwnens posted:

Oof, Troll and I is as bad as they say.

Did you actually buy it?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

chaleski posted:

Did you actually buy it?

It... Ah... was cheap.

Not cheap enough though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Stan Taylor posted:

I'm the guy from the last page who was mad about protestors or the politics of Wolfenstein or something. That's me.

You should chill out a bit and enjoy some quality Switch games!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

edit: nazi discussion is inappropriate for the Switch thread.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

well why not posted:

edit: nazi discussion is inappropriate for the Switch thread.

This is correct. Please let us not bring politics into the Switch thread. Or really into most of Games.
I would really appreciate that.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

LethalGeek posted:

Im glad I kept my 3DS around long enough to play remake metroid game I haven't played since 1987 or whatever so it's practically new to me.

Now I just need to finish it cause there ARE TOO MANY GAMES ON THE SWITCH
There are too many games on the 3DS, because Mario & Luigi, Layton's Mystery Journey and Culdcept Revolt are all released today.

Mr Phillby posted:

It boils down to 'if I fill this square will it eventually create a shape that doesn't fit the numbers?' It's basically guessing, except you're explicitly looking for wrong guesses so you can safety discount them. This makes it infinitely more useful than real guessing.
It's not guessing, it's no different to the other logic techniques which you use to solve the puzzles.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

KingEup posted:

In what way was the WiiU a shame in a way that affected me the end user and player of these good games?

The Wii U is a great console but as one example its low sales meant Monster Hunter 4U didn't get a console port and now the series is going to every console except Nintendo which still stings.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
22 days left. the shakes are so bad. each day feels like 24 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoVBtEo-egk

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Hooked on the brothers.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

KingEup posted:

In what way was the WiiU a shame in a way that affected me the end user and player of these good games?

The good games were few and far between and that was a shame for a console that had promise

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I won't be preordering Odyssey unfortunately, but I will buy it like a few days after release.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

VideoGames posted:

This is correct. Please let us not bring politics into the Switch thread. Or really into most of Games.

Nazis aren't politics, they are targets

in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, coming soon for the Nintendo Switch.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

FireMrshlBill posted:

Wow, thanks for posting that (and Al Borlan for asking about it). I just used the corner trick in Picross on the Switch. I accidentally filled in a wrong block (filled in 4 when it should have been 3), so I couldn't find any moves that worked and nothing was highlighted in blue (ya, I should see about turning that off since it is a hint). So I did the corner trick and was able to keep going until I realized my mistake. It beat erasing everything and starting over.

I've usually play picross on my phone, but I also have Mario Picross on GB and 3D Picross on the DS. Are there any preferred Picross games on the 3DS? I don't mind 3D picross, but kinda just prefer normal picross. Especially ones that allow you to just hold down the 'x' marker and drag over spaces you already filled in without writing over them. I am liking the UI in the Switch Picross game.
If you want picross that plays exactly like Picross S on 3DS then you should look into the eshop exclusive Picross E series. Also pick up a cheap cart of Picross DS.

Pokemon Picross also exists and is free but it has a certain level of microtransaction bullshit and a heavy focus on using special abilities to reveal large portions of puzzles.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

VideoGames posted:

Thank you, what the gently caress did I just read for the last few pages. I just want to talk about the second greatest game of all time coming out in a few weeks where I am a cartoon fat midget that throws my hat at bullets to give bullets mustaches.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

[quote="“PantsBandit”" post="“477106082”"]
[/quote]

It's good and you should buy it.

Also stardew is awesome. This is my first time playing it and I've already sunk 6 hours into it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

MarcusSA posted:

It's good and you should buy it.

Also stardew is awesome. This is my first time playing it and I've already sunk 6 hours into it.

:yeah: I had to like peel myself away around 8:00 to make dinner, haha. I kept doing the "one more day, I have to ____"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

[quote="“deadly_pudding”" post="“477109899”"]
:yeah: I had to like peel myself away around 8:00 to make dinner, haha. I kept doing the “one more day, I have to ____”
[/quote]

It's really such a chill and good game. Upgrading the backpack to 24 slots really helped too.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I have decided to buy mario Odyssey physical, because the website I buy games from always sends new releases out a day or two early.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Frankston posted:

I have decided to buy mario Odyssey physical, because the website I buy games from always sends new releases out a day or two early.

I'm thinking about doing that because I'll save about 10bux on Amazon Prime. I'm gonna need to get a little shelf for Switch game cases, aren't I :ohdear:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Best Buy Gamer's Club probably has the best deal. Mario Odyssey for $47.99 plus a $10 digital gift card/reward certificate.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://youtu.be/VcXvnb7dHZk

New overview video shows Mario Odyssey has a guide mode for casual play if you want, with a gps like path leading to objectives.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Good. I only have time for easy mode.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I finally get what people have been talking about with Stardew Valley. Sunk 5 hours into it yesterday getting through Spring of year 1. Also, summer is where the money making is, isn't it?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've just done one day so far. I hope a backpack upgrade comes soon. Also it's weird how the sound effects are just ripped straight from Minecraft

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I can't wait to transition my entire operation into a huge booze distillery in like Year 2 after I have kegs unlocked. It's gonna be sick.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
One of the first letters you get is telling you about a backpack upgrade, but you need $2000.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I've just done one day so far. I hope a backpack upgrade comes soon. Also it's weird how the sound effects are just ripped straight from Minecraft

It's available in the general store almost immediately (it's like on the counter, not in the store menu), but it's kinda expensive for early in the game. I'm being kinda lazy and explore-y, so I'll probably get it in summer sometime? Your mileage may vary.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh I didn't eat anything in the game, do I need to do that too live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Mr Phillby posted:

Pokemon Picross also exists and is free but it has a certain level of microtransaction bullshit and a heavy focus on using special abilities to reveal large portions of puzzles.
You don't have to use any of the Pokemon abilities though, you can just play the puzzles normally. If you want to complete challenges for more of the in-game currency, then yeah you do. I always just played them normally, then re-did them to do the challenges.

• Locked thread