Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

MechaCrash posted:

In one kind, the reward looks kind of lovely, but you can turn in triple the stuff for triple the reward. This one is hard on your Stuff, so do this if that's what you have lots of.

(...)

Typically, if you want to do leve stuff, you pick something that's cheap and/or easy to make and just keep doing the leve that requires it. Keep in mind that sometimes they ask for stuff you can just buy from a store, in which case you can do that.

It should be noted that in current SB content, all of the classes have a 3 turn in leve that just asks for basic materials that you can gather and craft easily (some require intermediate crafts though.) These can often give you one of the materials used in making that craft so it's not that hard on your stuff.

They're the way to go once you hit level 61-64.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I tried running Garuda EX solo, but I swear she and her adds became invincible at the end (19%) because Chuparna (or whatever her name is) paused at 6% HP and just refused to take any more damage.

What's up with that?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Burst harder, kill faster. The buff on the tether gets stronger with proximity, so at conga-line ranges, the damage resist buff goes to 100%.

I believe the thing to do is to just focus Garuda and push her to the next phase instead of killing adds anyways.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I tried running Garuda EX solo, but I swear she and her adds became invincible at the end (19%) because Chuparna (or whatever her name is) paused at 6% HP and just refused to take any more damage.

What's up with that?

Save your cooldowns until she says DIE DIE DIE or whatever then immediately target one of the 2 adds that spawn and just nuked the poo poo out of it. You have about 10 seconds to kill it before their damage resist poo poo kicks in. Kill one than the other, kill Garuda.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Ah, so that's what happened.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Is it possible at all to solo or do Binding Coils turn 9 with a small group? We were a group of three that attempted it and we did pretty well until the elemental phase where someone got hit by two debuffs at once :(

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stalins Moustache posted:

Is it possible at all to solo or do Binding Coils turn 9 with a small group? We were a group of three that attempted it and we did pretty well until the elemental phase where someone got hit by two debuffs at once :(

Four people is the sweet spot. With four you handle elements by staying stacked forever and just accepting paralysis from lightning

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Speaking of which, who thought it was a good idea to have Urianger give the Primal fights at the Waking Sands? I at least knew I needed the 3 for MSQ, but I was wandering around wondering where and when Binding Coils would turn up.

Turns out it's...also at the Waking Sands. :doh:

Why is this never mentioned like...anywhere after it stopped being totally relevant?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

When he first offers that quest the Waking Sands are still relevant, idk

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

When he first offers that quest the Waking Sands are still relevant, idk

If you're leveling your first character the Scion HQ relocates pretty early in the lvl50 MSQ's so it's very likely that you'll never go back there intentionally, and the quests don't even show up on the map unless you physically enter the Waking Sands

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's why no matter what happens to the scions, urianger just goes back to the sands to hang out alone afterward.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
There's some sort of weird buggy thing with the same character offering the same quests in two locations and thus Urianger stays parked in the Sands forever.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

They could probably mechanically get away with two different instances of him offering different quests and dialogue at different locations. But it would ruin the immersion and linear consistency of the MSQ

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Say goodbye to Urianger of the waking sands

say hello to Urlanger of the rising stones!

Mrs.Nameko
Dec 16, 2015

Mushrooms are the internet of the forest!
Have some mutha fuckin' fire cat!! :ssj:

Mrs.Nameko fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 6, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Mrs.Nameko posted:

Have some mutha fuckin' fire cat!! :ssj:

Darth Meow

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I'm hyped for Shirogane's opening, but last time I logged 20 seconds late and missed the house I wanted. poo poo's tough.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

unseenlibrarian posted:

There's some sort of weird buggy thing with the same character offering the same quests in two locations and thus Urianger stays parked in the Sands forever.

Urianger is always parked in one place and it's right behind you in cutscenes out of nowhere

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

unseenlibrarian posted:

Just move him and the quests to Mhor Dhona. People leveling at this point are going to hit Mhor Dhona long before they get into 5.0 ex fights.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I've noticed that certain players appear logged in permanently. They don't seem to be doing anything, not spamming /say, just standing in place. Does the game never log out afk people?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dick Trauma posted:

I've noticed that certain players appear logged in permanently. They don't seem to be doing anything, not spamming /say, just standing in place. Does the game never log out afk people?

Not normally. It did at launch for the base game and each expansion to reduce server congestion but at normal times there's no point. They'll be forcibly kicked at each maintenance, which is enough

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Rook Autoturret Hypercharge effect increasing target's damage taken increased from 5% to 6%.
Bishop Autoturret Hypercharge effect increasing target's damage taken increased from 5% to 6%.

MCH is good again boys

(patch notes)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ivalice raid:
"Each party in the alliance will receive its own treasure chest, the contents of which will be identical regardless of the route taken.
* Players cannot open a treasure chest belonging to another party."

This sounds like a nice little gimmick maybe?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

vOv posted:

Rook Autoturret Hypercharge effect increasing target's damage taken increased from 5% to 6%.
Bishop Autoturret Hypercharge effect increasing target's damage taken increased from 5% to 6%.

MCH is good again boys

(patch notes)

Good lord, those notes just go on and on and on...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Players can now use a special action when riding the witch's broom mount."

Best mount just got even better. gently caress yeah

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ivalice raid:
"Each party in the alliance will receive its own treasure chest, the contents of which will be identical regardless of the route taken.
* Players cannot open a treasure chest belonging to another party."

This sounds like a nice little gimmick maybe?
Yeah my guess is one of the bosses involves splitting the party up into separate arenas for different fights and then rejoining before the following boss, or something similar. They've done similar things with trash in the past but didn't have to worry about loot drops there.

Dick Trauma posted:

Good lord, those notes just go on and on and on...
Yeah, FFXIV's patch notes tend to be exhaustive, but all the new systems and UI changes and such make for one hell of a read. :eyepop:

Still annoyed that MCH just got a number buff instead of anything to actually make it fun to play, but as long as they seem firm that Wildfire has to continue to exist the class is going to be obnoxious I guess.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

they made Verflare and Verholy different in pvp (the former restores TP, the latter MP), hopefully they bring that goodness in some form to pve, it'd be the perfect cherry for rdm's gameplay sundae. well, that and making Verflare have a good sound effect instead of a bad one.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also you can use "/title set [title]" to set up macros that change your title upon switching to a particular job

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Actually I'm going to use /title to enhance my ability macros so I change titles while also saying an appropriate naruto quote

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

quote:

* In light of the recent hurricanes in the North American region, house demolition has been temporarily suspended.

:crossarms:

I am especially excited to the changes to Tab targeting! I'm excited in general!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

People who can't log in due to power outages won't get their houses auto-demolished for idling a month.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wait, you lose your house if you don't log in?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, if you don't at least enter your house once a month or something like that you might get a warning that it'll be auto-demolished. Also applies to FC housing but if an FC's members aren't logging in at least once a month, may as well free up that plot.

I'm iffy on the details myself because it's not really a problem for me.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was going to try to buy a small house but now I won't, seems kinda cruel to expect a constant, uninterrupted subscription

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
well housing is a finite commodity so i would rather players have it who would actually use it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's 45 days without you stepping foot on it and they're a finite resource.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

That change to targeting might be the best thing they have ever done

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Before this system was implemented people could basically squat a plot in perpetuity. And there's not a lot of them to go around.

On the upside I think apartments last forever?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

Yoship supposedly took over 2 months to beat O4s on the live server. If it's something he and 7 other devs could clear quickly Elysium and the like going to clear it in under 24 hours.

A developer is probably going to be pretty good at their own game due to number of hours played but most are not at the highest tier of raiders.
It was a stab at the original Mudra design and overly latency-reliant design in general :)

quote:

The following adjustments have been made to anima weapons.

The rate at which weapons gain aetheric condensation has been increased for certain duties.
More duties will contribute to aetheric condensation.
:woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

I was going to try to buy a small house but now I won't, seems kinda cruel to expect a constant, uninterrupted subscription

That's one of a few ways how they keep people subbing in content droughts.

I've had plenty of opportunities to buy a house and while I'm not crazy for housing, I prefer the ability to unsub for months on end without worrying I'm going to lose the house I spent stupid sums of Gil on to having a house in a video game.