Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Trump's gonna tweet out a few words of encouragement to are troops once the bombs start flying and then complain about how badly his generals are doing when we haven't wrapped up the war in a week.

"in response to the usa's unprovoked attack, the ancient guardians of Iran awoke from their stone tombs and are slaughtering U.S troops with their deadly talons and fire breath. "I can't believe General Kelly would launch an attack like this" said Supreme Commander Trump, "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the main thing is that to start a real-rear end war in earnest trump has to personally sign off on it and oh man does he not want to do that(because he can't shift responsibility)

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

In the UK things are better than ever

Conservative donors call for May to stand down over 'bullying' by Johnson

quote:

Following an ill-fated conference speech and rumours of a backbench plot against the prime minister, two wealthy supporters said the party must act quickly and install another leader.

In a further development, the party is discussing plans to emulate Labour and widen its financial support away from large donations from a select group of wealthy donors to smaller donations from its ordinary members.

Charlie Mullins, the founder of London-based Pimlico Plumbers, said May must leave because she was being bullied and undermined by Johnson.

He said: “She has got to go for her own sake. It is getting embarrassing. If this was a boxing match, the fight would have been stopped. She has been put in a position where she is being bullied, she is being intimidated, they are making her life hell. These are Conservative people who are destroying this woman and it needs to stop.”

Tory ministers privately agree Theresa May should go, says Grant Shapps

quote:

Some cabinet ministers privately agree Theresa May should step aside, a former Conservative party chairman has said, as pressure grows on the prime minister to call a leadership election.

Grant Shapps, who served as Tory chair for nearly three years, has emerged as the ringleader of a backbench plot to force May to step down. He told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme the solution to the leadership crisis was not “to bury our heads in the sand”.

Shapps said he had the support of about 30 MPs, including five former cabinet ministers, and suggested some cabinet ministers privately agreed but would be reluctant to back him because they were on the “payroll”.

The environment secretary, Michael Gove, appeared on the programme to lend his support to May, saying she had “shown grace and grit” this week and a leadership election was not the correct way forward.

Charles Walker, the vice-chairman of the influential Tory backbench 1922 Committee, slapped down Shapps, saying: “No 10 must be delighted that it’s Grant Shapps leading this alleged coup. Grant has many talents but one thing he doesn’t have is a following in the party, so really I think this is going to fizzle out to be perfectly honest.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

May's getting Thatchered and she's only been in for 10% of the time that Thatcher was.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i like that all american foreign policy towards iran is deeply rooted in us being butthurt that they had the temerity to overthrow a brutal dictator that we installed over them. like that's it. we're mad that they freed themselves in much the same way we did. lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yinlock posted:

the main thing is that to start a real-rear end war in earnest trump has to personally sign off on it and oh man does he not want to do that

*Trump brings resolution authorizing use of military force against Iran to next rally in Colorado Springs, CO*

[unfolding paper from pocket] I don't know, should I? Should I? What do all you fine people in the crowd think?

*pulls pen back in forth, following the roar of the audience*

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

A Handed Missus posted:

'We're walking down a dark path': Biden hammers Trump in scathing speech

lol

need to completely shed that decorum if ur gonna run you old bitch

Biden would've won, he knows it, and he is loving PISSED

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

i like that all american foreign policy towards iran is deeply rooted in us being butthurt that they had the temerity to overthrow a brutal dictator that we installed over them. like that's it. we're mad that they freed themselves in much the same way we did. lol

you forgot getting even madder that they then flawlessly fulfilled the terms america set to not invade them

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yinlock posted:

you forgot getting even madder that they then flawlessly fulfilled the terms america set to not invade them

another branch on the tree that is rooted in "you loving fuckers can't be free unless WE say so!"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

another branch on the tree that is rooted in "you loving fuckers can't be free unless WE say so!"

they lucked out before too because bush had a Free War card and used it to settle his dad's grudge

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

this makes me ironically :smith:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

like i remember an argument against invading iraq being "we can't forget the TRUE THREAT: iran"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Didn't Bush also genuinely plan for Iran as soon as he 'succeeded' in Iraq but his abject failure got him stuck at phase 1?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

needs the mario edit

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

Didn't Bush also genuinely plan for Iran as soon as he 'succeeded' in Iraq but his abject failure got him stuck at phase 1?

that's probably what MISSION ACCOMPLISHED was about

bush and trump share a similar trait in making terrible plans that fail then proceeding as if those plans were total successes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

eh this isn't the one I was thinking of but it'll do

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Serf posted:

We were actually friends with them up until the Eisenhower administration and were highly sympathetic with them and their plight against the British Empire. IIRC Truman had a great relationship with Mossadegh and invited him to speak to the UN several times in an attempt to rally public support for Iran. Once Eisenhower was in as president he initially wanted to maintain good relations with the Iranians as well but British coercion, the CIA and the Cold War pushed him to approve of Operation Ajax. It's a loving tragedy.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Brother Friendship posted:

We were actually friends with them up until the Eisenhower administration and were highly sympathetic with them and their plight against the British Empire. IIRC Truman had a great relationship with Mossadegh and invited him to speak to the UN several times in an attempt to rally public support for Iran. Once Eisenhower was in as president he initially wanted to maintain good relations with the Iranians as well but British coercion, the CIA and the Cold War pushed him to approve of Operation Ajax. It's a loving tragedy.

the cold war seems like it was a bad time for everyone, for no actual reason

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

the cold war seems like it was a bad time for everyone, for no actual reason

libs dont like communism, op

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

the main thing is that to start a real-rear end war in earnest trump has to personally sign off on it and oh man does he not want to do that(because he can't shift responsibility)

Remember when Obama drew a "red line" on Syria, and then Assad crossed that line, and then he wanted Congress to approve intervention, and then got completely loving cucked?

Serf
May 5, 2011

creating the root cause of our relationship to them now

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
what time does tillersin and/or Kelly resign?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
*is last person on earth after hellfire armageddon, addresses stage in sombre fashion*

cough ahem

make no mistake people, things are bad and bad things are bad, and

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Kelly might resign when trump makes fun of his son for dying in Afghanistan

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Serf posted:

creating the root cause of our relationship to them now

Obama made the most concrete steps towards a good relationship with Iran in over half a century and it has all completely turned to ashes. Soon to be literal ashes, apparently.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FljkA5S1pSU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Obama made the most concrete steps towards a good relationship with Iran in over half a century and it has all completely turned to ashes. Soon to be literal ashes, apparently.

reminder that dems happily voted to impose sanctions on iran

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

bump_fn posted:

reminder that dems happily voted to impose sanctions on iran

the only thing dems ever got mad about obama was that he had a classical liberals aversion to open war and thought reasonably that you could maybe talk to people

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

A Handed Missus posted:

Kelly might resign when trump makes fun of his son for dying in Afghanistan

I only like soldiers who weren't killed in action

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Yinlock posted:

"in response to the usa's unprovoked attack, the ancient guardians of Iran awoke from their stone tombs and are slaughtering U.S troops with their deadly talons and fire breath. "I can't believe General Kelly would launch an attack like this" said Supreme Commander Trump, "

are they dragons or statues?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/hello__caitlin/status/916010385957806080

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

BeOSPOS posted:

what time does tillersin and/or Kelly resign?

it's friday so sometime between now and midnight eastern time

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
i want the storm to be trump attempting to dissolve congress

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this makes me ironically :smith:

the camera man is a replicant. i would have put him over the fence.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ABSCBNNews/status/916254206058668032

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

triple sulk posted:

gonna go to sleep and expect to wake up at 7 am to amazing tweets, post "TRUMP" then fall asleep another couple hours, dreaming about the most utterly incompetent president and administration of all time

Rise and shine motherfucker!

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

new que lar

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

oh please oh please have him whine about not winning a nobel peace prize

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

redneck nazgul posted:

"Nobody's more peaceful than me. You hear everyone saying it, that Trump is very very peaceful."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

redneck nazgul posted:

• Locked thread