Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Der Shovel posted:

The 131 is a fun tank to play though.

Roll on Tiger 217! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

quote:

Conqueror
Depression of the OQF 32-pdr Gun Mk. II with the Conqueror Mk. II is increased from -7 to -10 degrees.
Depression of the OQF 32-pdr Gun Mk. II with the Conqueror Mk. II ABP is increased from -7 to -10 degrees.
Depression of 120 mm Gun L1A1 with the Conqueror Mk. II ABP increased from -7 to -10 degrees.

Super Conqueror
Dispersion on hull movement reduced by 25% (0.16 to 0.12, FV215b is currently 0.08)
Dispersion on hull rotation reduced by 20% (0.1 to 0.08, FV215b is currently 0.1)
Dispersion on turret rotation reduced by 29% (0.14 to 0.1, FV215b is currently 0.08)
Reload time decrease from 9.3 to 8.7s (FV215b is 8.7s currently)
Health buffed from 2350 to 2400 (FV215b is 2500)
Changed the gun depression angle of the 120 mm Gun L1A1 for the Conqueror Mk. II ABP turret from -7 to -10 degrees.

FV215b (X)
Received an HD model.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I agree, FV215B HD model does own bones.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I think it's downright shameful how this thread has glossed over the fact that the Churchill 3 got an official HD model in a recent patch and it looks SWEET AS gently caress.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Mesadoram posted:

<9.20.1 test 2 patch notes>

Oh man, that's pretty great if 10 degrees and the increased dpm and gun handling holds. My biggest disappointment with grinding to the 215 in the past month was the lack of 10 degrees on the Conqueror.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
so..was doing a 2x on friends account (he doesn't even play currently) played the kv2 this happened as i was going to cover..why not try? no reason not to try https://youtu.be/olGAcOelg7s :bravo: and by the time i reload for the third time or so the game is won! ez im rebuying a kv2 now

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Nordick posted:

I think it's downright shameful how this thread has glossed over the fact that the Churchill 3 got an official HD model in a recent patch and it looks SWEET AS gently caress.
What's shameful is the fact that it took so loving long to actually make this a thing. Even the Churchill Gun Carrier went HD before it!

Same goes for the Matilda Black Prince. Okay so it's been a powercrept piece of poo poo that can't do anything meaningful in 90% of battles for a while now but that doesn't excuse the fact that it should have been HD since whenever the gently caress; the Matilda and Cromwell have both been HD for what now seems like an eternity, and it was literally a small job of slapping the Cromwell turret on the Matilda hull.

Oh of course they had to """"""improve"""""" the matchmaker some more and invent some drunk lunchtime arse-wipe schematic of a premium tank to further balance the game. Far more important.

Turmoilx posted:

so..was doing a 2x on friends account (he doesn't even play currently) played the kv2 this happened as i was going to cover..why not try? no reason not to try https://youtu.be/olGAcOelg7s :bravo: and by the time i reload for the third time or so the game is won! ez im rebuying a kv2 now

You know it makes sense:
https://i.imgur.com/SjYUxUv.gifv

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

What's shameful is the fact that it took so loving long to actually make this a thing.
You are correct, both of these things are shameful.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

In ranked I did 1.8k damage, 1.2k spotting, and had 1 kill, but a 0 damage IS-7 with 109 spotting damage got more exp than I did. :wtc:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

In ranked I did 1.8k damage, 1.2k spotting, and had 1 kill, but a 0 damage IS-7 with 109 spotting damage got more exp than I did. :wtc:

SOVIET POWER.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

#Snapshotmeta is real, and your friend.

McGavin posted:

did they literally survive longer than you because that's the most infuriating part about ranked

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

What's the best of the tier 8 premium mediums?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

space pope posted:

What's the best of the tier 8 premium mediums?

If it's credits you want, then the M4A1 Ravioli is up there, since it's cheap and can (potentially) slap the absolute poo poo out of things per shot for low low shell cost. The shell velocity is also like loving lightning (APCR standard) which makes long shots less lovely. I'm partial to the Panther 88 though, because it just drills through targets with that RoF and has several layers of industrial cardboard for armour rather than the paper plates of the M4A1. You can also mercilessly ram lower tiers with it.

Disclaimer: Tier VIII premiums are not worth buying right now if you want to grind credits, because of this poo poo-tastic matchmaker shoving you into Tier X all day every day forcing you to lob premium shells at everything you see.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

did they literally survive longer than you because that's the most infuriating part about ranked

They died and I survived to the end.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I guess we're double postin' now.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

McGavin posted:

They died and I survived to the end.

You get experience for being closer to people shooting their guns.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

If it's credits you want, then the M4A1 Ravioli is up there, since it's cheap and can (potentially) slap the absolute poo poo out of things per shot for low low shell cost. The shell velocity is also like loving lightning (APCR standard) which makes long shots less lovely. I'm partial to the Panther 88 though, because it just drills through targets with that RoF and has several layers of industrial cardboard for armour rather than the paper plates of the M4A1. You can also mercilessly ram lower tiers with it.

Disclaimer: Tier VIII premiums are not worth buying right now if you want to grind credits, because of this poo poo-tastic matchmaker shoving you into Tier X all day every day forcing you to lob premium shells at everything you see.

I make decent credits with the Hitler Panther even with the current MM. But yeah buying any tank except the Skorpion/Defender is probably a waste of money right now. Not to mention how hosed up their deals are, Tiger 131 comes with BiA crew, AC 4 with 100% crew, FV201 (A45) without crew? What the gently caress are WG smoking.

Has anyone here tried the OS X client?

Tahirovic fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 6, 2017

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
My T34 makes good money. Plus, whatever else you might say about that thing, it's one of the best tier 8 premiums out there for dealing with tier 9 and 10 games.

e: in that it can actually damage higher tier tanks without too much trouble, it'll die pretty quick if you overextend at any tier.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 6, 2017

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The lorraine always makes good credits for me. Decent standard pen.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

Recently the EU servers have been making me want to kill my team and then myself, because half (on a lucky day) of my team will be double digit efficiency rating bots, the other half will be Russian and Polish people team killing each other. My winrate has dropped significantly and it seems that almost every match is a complete loving blowout with one side (the one with actually decent players) winning by 12 or 13 kills and it's just luck which side you'll end up on.

XVM also proves that Wargaming don't take your rating into account AT ALL when matchmaking, because in 99% of my games one team will be 4/5 pure red and the other will be an actual team of decent humans, who will then proceed to utterly crush the other team.

Americans only, as usual, right?

E: also, it seems like there's some new bot making the rounds that doesn't give a fuuuuuuck about shooting teammates, because I've been taking a lot more friendly fire in recent days from sub 100 performance rating tomatoes who just try to shoot at the enemy through me. It's not a case of me driving in their line of sight just as they shoot either, it's like the bot just doesn't understand that there's a friendly in the way.

I'm loving the thought of the Poles and the Russkis TKing each other every battle. :allears:

And yes, the MM seems to take very little into consideration when it assembles battles, other than making sure platoons get bottom-tiered all the time. It most certainly doesn't care about stats; I use the WN8-counting mod and while often there are some quite balanced matchups (teams within a few % of each other) I've been in battles where one team (usually the enemy) has up to double the combined WN8 of the other. :stare:

As far as that bot goes, I'm sure I ran into it a few weeks ago; I shared the story of me in my newly-rebought T1HT getting shot square in the rear end by a "friendly" KV-85 (or similar) and set on fire, and it was obviously a bot based on stats and behavior.

Already stopped for today after three battles. Eastern Europe needs its own loving server for this game.

And Brazil as well.

Turmoilx posted:

Congratulations on discovering what everyone else knew 5 years ago about the KV/KV-2!

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

Thanks, I was asking because I have a friend who insists on only playing low tier and I want to him to have a premium so we can platoon at higher tiers. I think i might just send him some gold and let him pick.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

space pope posted:

Thanks, I was asking because I have a friend who insists on only playing low tier and I want to him to have a premium so we can platoon at higher tiers. I think i might just send him some gold and let him pick.

You are a bad friend.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

loving about in Tier VI skirmishes, joined a random detachment as a mercenary/legionnaire/bored fucker waiting for his usual 'toonmates to sign in. Hit "Ready!" and go for a piss while the rest all pick their tonks and the game sets up a battle. Get back in time to see this loving idiot has picked the Hummel just as battle begins.

Then I see the rest of the team post-battle (which was a complete loving trainwreck where I somehow finish top with a paltry 705dmg) and everyone in the 'main' clan for the detachment (four of 'em) bought Tier VI premiums without getting to the related tier via grinding (closest was some guy with a handful of fights in a T-34). No wonder they were all sitting side-on to the enemy team and getting stuffed like loving turkeys against Cromwells.

space pope posted:

:stare:

What. I might be jumping the gun here and by all means correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen hundreds of retards on EU playing higher-tier premiums without even getting to Tier V in any tree (see yesterday's skirmish experience above), so don't do this if he's in the same boat as them; if he only has lower tiers available and hasn't got close to even seeing Tier VIII tonks in a battle let alone drive one, then this is a terrible awful horrible poo poo idea and it's going to backfire spectacularly when all those Tier X shitfests you get thrown into give him the life expectancy of a sickly mayfly. It won't be fun for either of you. Don't be that guy.

But then if he's well away with the grind and doesn't play higher tiers because it costs too much and isn't fun when you invariably get shat on by the MM then whatever, at least you'll be getting credits for the pain.

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

He's not bad he just prefers to play low tiers like the I go type 89.

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Fifty4r/1004891235/

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Der Shovel posted:

Boy ain't that the truth.

Recently the EU servers have been making me want to kill my team and then myself, because half (on a lucky day) of my team will be double digit efficiency rating bots, the other half will be Russian and Polish people team killing each other. My winrate has dropped significantly and it seems that almost every match is a complete loving blowout with one side (the one with actually decent players) winning by 12 or 13 kills and it's just luck which side you'll end up on.

XVM also proves that Wargaming don't take your rating into account AT ALL when matchmaking, because in 99% of my games one team will be 4/5 pure red and the other will be an actual team of decent humans, who will then proceed to utterly crush the other team.

I used to look at the teams at the beginning of matches and scan for good players, assuming they'd carry the load and whoever had more good players had a better chance of winning.

Boy, is that wrong. Wins are determined by which team has less dead weight.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Well I'm going to mash my face against the Tiger 2 and E75 to try and get the E100 since it's on track. I could use some carry help because this tank loving sucks now. Everything pens it these days. please add me in game same name.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

brodoyouevengif posted:

WG is going after everyone apparently. I got a warning a few months ago for something I said over 3 years ago.

server lag

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Hahahah loving $100 for the Pz4 Hydro plus *stuff*.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

space pope posted:

He's not bad he just prefers to play low tiers like the I go type 89.

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Fifty4r/1004891235/

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope don't do it. Nowhere near enough experience with VI+ to warrant this being a good idea.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Premium tank credit discussion, you want a tank that has high penetration, low shell cost and preferred match making. One tank fits all of those criteria and it is the FCM 50T. That said I do most of my credit grinding in the AMX m49L and the Lorraine but I am looking forward to the buffed to hell type59 as well as the 59-patton. 59 patton might end up generating a lot of money with the increase in pen and the huge view range it gets.

The super-pershing is actually pretty good now too, if you can stand going so slow.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 6, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Nitramster posted:

Well I'm going to mash my face against the Tiger 2 and E75 to try and get the E100 since it's on track. I could use some carry help because this tank loving sucks now. Everything pens it these days. please add me in game same name.

I just finished the Tiger II grind and it's occasionally ok, usually frustrating. You can still beat the poo poo out of lower tiers but anything T8+ is going to give you trouble. The top gun is absolutely magical but being able to use it is the hard part. Hide behind bigger boys.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Life on the EU servers dot jpg. Seriously how the gently caress is this poo poo acceptable :(

I got four kills and tried to carry like a motherfucker, but ended up getting sniped by the 60G FT and a T67 I couldn't even see.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
thats a lot of brazilians, but show us high tiers

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Turmoilx posted:

thats a lot of brazilians, but show us high tiers

They're much better, very few utter tomatoes there. But getting there is loving painful.

But I have to say, ramming motherfuckers in my O-I Exp is hilarious. I just straight up ran over an Alecto and a Stug in my last game. I loving HATE artillery in this thing though. I'm so slow and relatively poorly armored that any braindead arty jock can drop 250-300 HP hits on me constantly.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
XVM is cancerous to the game.

Also is the FV 183 getting removed or not?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

XVM is cancerous to the game.

Also is the FV 183 getting removed or not?
Apparently, but not just yet. When the plan goes through it's getting the same treatment as the 215b; get it while you can and own TWO Tier X tonks!

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

figured the OI would 1 shot me.. he uh appeared like very suddenly even though i got dank view range .. oh well https://imgur.com/a/kzZI2 depressing battle somewhat but i probably shouldnt of even made it as far as i did team died off did what i could heres the replay now that you may wonder http://wotreplays.eu/site/3866470#live_oaks-turmoilx-m4a1_revaloris not like it was a try hard to get kills battle i kinda just rolled stuff but at the end when oi killed me it really sucked i really did think i was going to outspot him you know what a 5skill crew and optics /458 view eh drat ditch

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 6, 2017

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Turmoilx posted:

figured the OI would 1 shot me.. he uh appeared like very suddenly even though i got dank view range .. oh well https://imgur.com/a/kzZI2 depressing battle somewhat but i probably shouldnt of even made it as far as i did team died off did what i could heres the replay now that you may wonder http://wotreplays.eu/site/3866470#live_oaks-turmoilx-m4a1_revaloris not like it was a try hard to get kills battle i kinda just rolled stuff but at the end when oi killed me it really sucked i really did think i was going to outspot him you know what a 5skill crew and optics /458 view eh drat ditch

It's because you went onto the bridge, it blocked the OI from your sight.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Astroniomix posted:

It's because you went onto the bridge, it blocked the OI from your sight.

i guess, i just wanted to take the fastest ways incase they decided to cap me again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Apparently, but not just yet. When the plan goes through it's getting the same treatment as the 215b; get it while you can and own TWO Tier X tonks!

I started hardcoring the AT line but good god the tier 6 is barely playable and I don't even want to imagine how terrible the grinds from tier 7 up will be. I know the Tortoise can be funny in the right situation but I've clowned on so many of them over so many more games I know how bad it will be trying to get enough xp for it.