Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

john kelly is a loving idiot of nightmare proportions

Second smartest person in the administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

how the gently caress does that happen

that IT guy must've poo poo himself when he recognized what was going on

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

egyptian rat race posted:

The place is like a museum. It's very beautiful and very cold, and you're not allowed to touch anything.

... A man with priorities so far out of whack doesn't deserve such a fine automobile.

when Cameron was in pharaohs land...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The funny thing is that the GRU is believed to have used a fake artillery calculator app on android that would report the GPS location of the device when used, which the russian invasion forces would then use to target Ukrainian 122mm artillery.

I'm assuming that dumb cocksucker managed to install a trojan and then walked that infected device right into the oval hundreds of times not to mention if he decided to play Big Boy Doesn't Need Rules in the SCIF and brought that loving thing in there.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 6, 2017

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The president of the united States carries around and makes calls from an Android device so any foreign power that hasn't compromised the white house by now should be asking their agencies some tough questions.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FAUXTON posted:

The funny thing is that the GRU is believed to have used a fake artillery calculator app on android that would report the GPS location of the device when used, which the russian invasion forces would then use to target Ukrainian 122mm artillery.

I'm assuming that dumb cocksucker managed to install a trojan and then walked that infected device right into the oval hundreds of times not to mention if he decided to play Big Boy Doesn't Need Rules in the SCIF and brought that loving thing in there.

This is a presidency staffed top to bottom entirely by nepotism and cronyism, rife with corruption at every level, run by a dementia riddled sack of poo poo that has already been playing fast and loose with classifications at golf resorts. It was just earlier this week we found out the dumb fucks were using commercial email for government business and their response to that being made public was to use a private email server.

Do you have any doubt at all that he did exactly that for SCIF rules?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bird food bathtub posted:

no but I habitually maintain deniability thus the if

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

bird food bathtub posted:

This is a presidency staffed top to bottom entirely by nepotism and cronyism, rife with corruption at every level, run by a dementia riddled sack of poo poo that has already been playing fast and loose with classifications at golf resorts. It was just earlier this week we found out the dumb fucks were using commercial email for government business and their response to that being made public was to use a private email server.

I was halfway through that description when I realized what the current administration reminds me of- the Administration of Grant.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bulletsponge13 posted:

I was halfway through that description when I realized what the current administration reminds me of- the Administration of Grant.

I mean I get the comparison on the cronyism and graft but Grant was kind of the opposite of Trump with regard to civil rights.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FAUXTON posted:

I mean I get the comparison on the cronyism and graft but Grant was kind of the opposite of Trump with regard to civil rights.

Yeah I'd hesitate to compare Trump to a guy that almost bankrupted himself by freeing the slaves he was given

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Professor Bling posted:

Yeah I'd hesitate to compare Trump to a guy that almost bankrupted himself by freeing the slaves he was given

also the guy who had such a murderboner for the klan he declared them a terrorist organization, suspended habeas corpus and sent the loving feds after them resulting in their little pale balls falling off and not growing back for 50 years

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Grant was Good.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I know it's real easy to say Sherman was Better but Victory Week is definitely only a Grant and Meade thing.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Hard to find numbers with the recent media attention, what's the rate of fire on bump stocks compared to full auto weapons?
Assuming the gunman was firing using a bump stock, he was firing 10 shots per second. I compared it to a youtuber firing an AR-15 with a bump stock and also got about 10 shots/second. For comparison an M4A1 on full auto does 12+ per second, so we're in the same ballpark.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Lol gamers are the loving worst (people who actually identify as being a "gamer")

https://twitter.com/MiraVylash/status/916095440273182725

Edit: some real news

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/916085685018333184

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Oct 6, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Members of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team traveled to interview the former British intelligence officer who authored a dossier alleging collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, a source close to the ex-spy tells NBC News.

Few other details were forthcoming about the interview, but Mueller’s interest in Christopher Steele puts a new focus on the 35-page dossier he compiled, which includes salacious sexual allegations that then-president-elect Donald Trump denied.

CNN first reported Thursday that the interview with Mueller’s team and Steele took place.

Steele, who works in the private intelligence business in London, was hired by an American firm, Fusion GPS, to compile opposition research about Trump during the election campaign. The dossier laid out the fruits of his information-gathering. Fusion GPS was co-founded by a former Wall Street Journal reporter, Glenn Simpson.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I love that all the news places are making absolutely sure to mention the piss tape.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the US lost 33k jobs in September

first time we've lost jobs in 7 years

so much winning

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

As much as I'd love to lay that on Trump, Harvey and Irma had more to do with that than he did.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

dubzee posted:

As much as I'd love to lay that on Trump, Harvey and Irma had more to do with that than he did.

I counter that with haarp always having been available to him

:toot:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/Marshall_Cohen/status/916132013207445509

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

If he's happy claiming credit for growth since January I'm more than happy to let him take the blame for September.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Hard to find numbers with the recent media attention, what's the rate of fire on bump stocks compared to full auto weapons?

It usually won't be as fast and can't be faster, since an actual auto fires as soon as it cycles. The bump stock relies on you reseting everything, so it depends on your grip and arm strength.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the US lost 33k jobs in September

first time we've lost jobs in 7 years

so much winning

I've been hearing a lot of talk from some guys I went to high school with who now work in finance and real estate. The latest worry is that if interest rates keep increasing and banks cut back on loans, we might be looking at a mini-recession in 2018 or '19.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
18-19 is too soon for me to buy a house

can the bottom fall out around 2020-ish please

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The United States Navy is going to expand from approx 280 ships to around 325/50ish (i forget) and all of those contracts were signed under Obama, most around 2014. The Navy fell to 280 under Bush due to Republican budget cuts and sequester and all that bullshit. Trump is going to take that W for supporting our troops and expanding american power and he has dick all to do with it.

also congress hasn't passed a budget on time since 05 so god bless america and the bullshit 10% cuts then enacted across the board, reduction in ships, increased op-tempo, longer deployment and other poo poo has lead to the current situation with bullshit accidents and a general level of un-readyness ( i dont know the word) in both the USN and USAirforce that is staggering. You can't do maintenance/training/upkeep if everyone is constantly deployed and doing poo poo so no we here. Budget fuckery also really affects ship yards, project timelines and maintenance personnel, both staffing, pay and giving them something to do.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Lol gamers are the loving worst (people who actually identify as being a "gamer")

https://twitter.com/MiraVylash/status/916095440273182725

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BigDave posted:

I've been hearing a lot of talk from some guys I went to high school with who now work in finance and real estate. The latest worry is that if interest rates keep increasing and banks cut back on loans, we might be looking at a mini-recession in 2018 or '19.

Basically everyone secretly levered themselves up to high hell and if that debt gets less cheap, everything starts falling apart.

The economy is a honda civic saying it has 1000hp on the dyno but with no torque.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

http://www.pcgamer.com/wolfenstein-3d-remix-lets-you-try-to-talk-to-the-nazis/

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

BigDave posted:

Anyone that gets caught by this is dumb and deserves it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Proud Christian Mom posted:

some gun nut on youtube with a cyclic rate counter was getting high 600s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3SVErXz6dY

I mean, it would be sort of fun to build one of these as a range gimmick since there's no way for most people to ever afford a pre-1986 MG.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I can't wait to get my Nazi killing on come the end of the month.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

I can't wait to get my Nazi killing on come the end of the month.

:yeah:, I enjoyed the last few Wolfensteins, it looks like they're doing a good job with this one.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I hope the next Wolfenstein is in fact a collaboration with Antifa, and has you playing as BJ's grandson as he wages a one-man war against Fuhrer-President Richard Spencer and mini boss fights against Bannon and Milo.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

FAUXTON posted:

Basically everyone secretly levered themselves up to high hell and if that debt gets less cheap, everything starts falling apart.

The economy is a honda civic saying it has 1000hp on the dyno but with no torque.

It's not gonna be a huge recession but it's gonna be a ugly 18 months or so when it finally hits.

China's been trying to pull itself back together, but if we take it on the chin and cut back on imports of consumer goods from Beijing, it's not gonna be pretty.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FAUXTON posted:

I love that all the news places are making absolutely sure to mention the piss tape.

If it smells, it sells.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3SVErXz6dY

I mean, it would be sort of fun to build one of these as a range gimmick since there's no way for most people to ever afford a pre-1986 MG.

The bill that's been introduced bans them outright.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Trump endorsed the Republican candidate, Gillespie, in Virginia, basically saying the Democrat Northam supported MS-13 and sanctuary cities (Virginia doesn't have any). The race is close-ish because Northam is milquetoast as gently caress.

Still, Gillespie appears thrilled about the endorsement.

https://twitter.com/PoliticoKevin/status/916321538848194560

https://twitter.com/PoliticoKevin/status/916322493933277184

Northam, actually thrilled, turned it into a fundraising opportunity.

https://twitter.com/RalphNortham/status/916123416159248390

Trump's approval rating in Virginia is 33-59.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Damnit, who turned on auto-subscribe for hurricanes?!

National Weather Service posted:

SITUATION OVERVIEW
------------------

At 400AM CDT, Tropical Storm Nate is moving toward the north-northwest
near 14 mph and is expected to continue on this general heading through
Friday and then speeding up over the Gulf. Maximum sustained winds
are now 45 mph. Hurricane and Storm Surge watches have now been issued for
much of the area.

POTENTIAL IMPACTS
-----------------

* SURGE:
Prepare for life-threatening surge having possible extensive impacts
across coastal Louisiana and coastal Mississippi, outside of the hurricane
protection levee system.

Potential impacts in this area include:
- Large areas of deep inundation with storm surge flooding
accentuated by battering waves. Structural damage to buildings,
with several washing away. Damage compounded by floating
debris. Locations may be uninhabitable for an extended period.
- Large sections of near-shore escape routes and secondary roads
washed out or severely flooded. Flood control systems and
barriers may become stressed.
- Severe beach erosion with significant dune loss.
- Major damage to marinas, docks, boardwalks, and piers. Many
small craft broken away from moorings, especially in
unprotected anchorages with some lifted onshore and stranded.

Elsewhere across Southeast Louisiana and South Mississippi, little to
no impact is anticipated.

* WIND:
Prepare for life-threatening wind having possible extensive impacts
across much of southeast Louisiana and coastal Mississippi.

Potential impacts in this area include:
- Considerable roof damage to sturdy buildings, with some having
window, door, and garage door failures leading to structural
damage. Mobile homes severely damaged, with some destroyed.
Damage accentuated by airborne projectiles. Locations may be
uninhabitable for weeks.
- Many large trees snapped or uprooted along with fences and
roadway signs blown over.
- Some roads impassable from large debris, and more within urban
or heavily wooded places. Several bridges, causeways, and
access routes impassable.
- Large areas with power and communications outages.

* FLOODING RAIN:
Prepare for locally hazardous rainfall flooding having possible
limited impacts across Southeast Louisiana and South Mississippi.

Potential impacts include:
- Localized rainfall flooding may prompt a few evacuations.
- Rivers and tributaries may quickly rise with swifter currents.
Small streams, creeks, canals, bayous, and ditches may become
swollen and overflow in spots.
- Flood waters can enter a few structures, especially in usually
vulnerable spots. A few places where rapid ponding of water
occurs at underpasses, low-lying spots, and poor drainage
areas. Several storm drains and retention ponds become
near-full and begin to overflow. Some brief road and bridge
closures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I hope it curves a little bit further north so I don't end up without internet and power for a whole 28 hours :ohdear:

• Locked thread