Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendell
May 11, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

Even the onomatopoeia is bad.

Is it??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

"Because I constantly force myself to go without so you can have the best! Not because I love you but because I want to burden you with guilt! Now drive this stake into my palm!"

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Simian_Prime posted:

I need a break from this thread. Comics to be fun, but now the sheer banality leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

We need Honey Come Chatka and Pop Team Epic back. More Moomin too, even reruns, always reruns. For now take solace in the good historical comics like King Aroo, Popeye, and even jingoistic-madman Everett True. Or the good modern comics - they do exist - like Pooch Cafe or the Korean material. Do not let the perverts and freaks who religiously post, read, and comment on Working Daze, Intelligent Life, Luann, and motherfucking Brooke and Holbrook comics get you down.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Winsor McCay Comic Strip(click for huge)

And He Did. (March, 1917)

Outbursts of Everett True (May, 1917)

Doings of the Duffs. (January, 1919, click for big)

Fritzi Ritz (click for big)

The Gay Thirties (January, 1936, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (December, 1940, click for big)

Dick Tracy (April, 1941, click for big)

Mopsy (June, 1941)

Archie (June, 1956, click for big)

Marmaduke (August, 1959)

Mr. Tweedy (October 1970, click for big)

Feiffer (1975, click for big)

Andy Capp (February, 1972, click for big)

Wee Pals (May, 1972, click for big)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin :shepface:

Mandrake

I really hope that the chief isn't a doppelgänger/hypnotized/something like that.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 6, 2017

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (May 3, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (February 18, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (March 17, 1924)

Lil' Abner (November 16, 1937)

Barney Google (March 20, 1923)

Alley Oop (June 19, 1934)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Simian_Prime posted:

I need a break from this thread. Comics to be fun, but now the sheer banality leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Hey. Don't be like that. Come on back to the sunshine.

(By which I mean, "Oh my god, don't leave me alone with the latest Les Moore ego stroke.")

Skippy (August 4-8, 1930)

Peanuts (October 5-10, 1970)

Sally Forth

Seriously, Simian_Prime, It's Coming Right For Me

LIAR. IT NEVER ENDS.

Sometimes speculators in collectibles eat it hard.

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (April 22-25 and 27, 1931)

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh look, some suicidal people are going to attack Willie.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EasyEW posted:

LIAR. IT NEVER ENDS.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait.

Trilogy?

Trilogy?

Les wrote three goddamn books about a woman dying of cancer? That were somehow popular enough to be made into a loving movie?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Evil Mastermind posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait.

Trilogy?

Trilogy?

Les wrote three goddamn books about a woman dying of cancer? That were somehow popular enough to be made into a loving movie?

The movie takes place in the year 3000, where rogue cyborgs are harvesting humans for their organs. Lisa's cancer is the only thing that can stop them.*

* Based on a True Story

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2003 Spiderman

The Amazing Tyrannus

Nancy

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I know that you never really get over the death of a spouse. When you marry someone and get to know them so intimately that you can finish their sentences for them, it leaves a huge empty space when they die.

Having said that, though, Les is still wallowing in self-pity all these years after Lisa's death - even after climbing Mt. Everest (or was it Kilimanjaro?) and making a big show of leaving Lisa memorabilia there. He has just never moved on with his life and instead of coming across like a widower who really just loved his wife, it's creepy and depressing. I lost my sister almost fifteen years ago, and it's like getting shot in the gut when you lose someone that close to you. But I was eventually able to move on from that and continue living. Les. Les never changes.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Not to mention how insulting it must be for his current wife and also child

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He got married again, but he still wanks himself raw anytime he can bring up his dead wife.

I think he really just can't move on from the attention cancerwife's death brought him. Much like the strip writer.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

goatface posted:

Oh look, some suicidal people are going to attack Willie.

It's the best, isn't it? :allears:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

:popeye:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

“Excuse me, my eyes are up here and here!”

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm glad Piccolo is happy and working on a project she's passionate about but man, Rhymes With Orange is like a humor vacuum 90% of the time

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Countblanc posted:

I'm glad Piccolo is happy and working on a project she's passionate about but man, Rhymes With Orange is like a humor vacuum 90% of the time

I laughed at this one.

ThatGirlAtThatShow
Nov 4, 2013

Mikl posted:

It's the best, isn't it? :allears:

I kind of wish that Willie and Modesty would use the fighting style from the last story arc every once in a while. Just to amuse themselves.

But yeah, this is the best!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait.

Trilogy?

Trilogy?

The third one was a prequel to his nebbsihy version of Love Story, and the second one was about the woman who tolerates him today.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

EasyEW posted:

The third one was a prequel to his nebbsihy version of Love Story, and the second one was about the woman who tolerates him today.

Oh yeah, Black Lisa.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JsZbSzMi08

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
See bat man that's why you keep healing limbs elevated and don't let them hang limply over your upside down empty head you idiot you stupid stupid idiot

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Triggering Vox Day

What do neo-Nazis think of your friendly neighborhood cartoonist? Here's a thread that might amuse you (Weapon Brown fans may enjoy this, as Chuck is mentioned freqeuntly):

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2017/10/the-althero-troll.html

This is the response from alt-right author Theodore Beale (aka Vox Day) to my week-long effort to let the pledgers to his shady comic book crowdfunding effort know that they will likely never see their products. (MInd you, the idea of Trump-luvin' chumps being fleeced by a bigoted douchebag like Beale soothes me like a steamed-milk toddy before beddy-bye).

You can also read my final word on the subject here:

http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/2017/10/06/an-open-letter-to-vox-day-and-castalia-house/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You do good work.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

"unprofessional" lol
I subscribe to your newsletter and you are far more polite about things you hate than most. Talk about a snowflake.

Random comic so I'm not just kissing up.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Aleph Null posted:

"unprofessional" lol
I subscribe to your newsletter and you are far more polite about things you hate than most. Talk about a snowflake.

Random comic so I'm not just kissing up.

This is my favorite response to me on Beale's website:

I have never been so proud to be thought of as a dirty, hook-nosed Jew.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait.

Trilogy?

Trilogy?

The first was Lisa's Legacy about how Saint Lisa died of cancer. The second was a prequel about how Les and Saint Lisa met and fell in love. The third was The Last Leaf, an epilogue about how Les is coping now that Saint Lisa is dead, and how he met and married some woman whose name he can't recall right now but is usually hanging around the house somewhere while he's weeping and jerking it at his Lisa shrine.

SuperKlaus posted:

Do not let the perverts and freaks who religiously post, read, and comment on Working Daze, Intelligent Life, Luann, and motherfucking Brooke and Holbrook comics get you down.

Eat this

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That is a human conversation. She feels like poo poo and is self deprecating, he shows concern, she snarks, he responds with something cheerful, non-judgemental and fitting with his character type.

Unless he decides to spend the next three strips explaining how all life's lessons can be learnt from watching season 3-6 and meditating upon the tao of Picard, it's the most comfortable relationship in that shitfest.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Slammy posted:

Archie (June, 1956, click for big)

Is this... a dick joke?

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Say Nothing posted:

Is this... a dick joke?

Get your head out of the gutter! (Mine needs a turn!)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Death Ray posted:

Triggering Vox Day

What do neo-Nazis think of your friendly neighborhood cartoonist? Here's a thread that might amuse you (Weapon Brown fans may enjoy this, as Chuck is mentioned freqeuntly):

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2017/10/the-althero-troll.html

This is the response from alt-right author Theodore Beale (aka Vox Day) to my week-long effort to let the pledgers to his shady comic book crowdfunding effort know that they will likely never see their products. (MInd you, the idea of Trump-luvin' chumps being fleeced by a bigoted douchebag like Beale soothes me like a steamed-milk toddy before beddy-bye).

You can also read my final word on the subject here:

http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/2017/10/06/an-open-letter-to-vox-day-and-castalia-house/

Not *GASP* Mad Magazine!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Is this... a dick joke?

I suspect it is intended to be a Teens Be Eating joke, but I definitely see your reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Say Nothing posted:

Is this... a dick joke?

almost certainly not but :laffo: it is now

• Locked thread