Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Hey guys, I'm from the Rest of the World. Just checking in to see if you've fixed that issue where you made Donald Juche Trump your president instead of a regular president person?

No? Oh ok, LOL what a mess!

Let us know when you've got it sorted. Thx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Yeah where's a breakdown of the titor concept that isn't lunatic I wanna look at it again

it's all lunatic *looks around. You should take it completely seriously

Edit:

This 9 minute little podcast extra made me bring it up. It's just the basic story. No time machine chat or anything. I like the way this guy does his podcast with the ambient tunes in the background. Fun to listen to stories about time slips and ghosts and poo poo instead of real world depressing stuff. It's basically just the chatlog of John's most famous (I think) chatroom conversation.

http://www.unexplainedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/3/3/s02-episode-2-extra-my-name-is-john

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 6, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Yeah where's a breakdown of the titor concept that isn't lunatic I wanna look at it again

There's a wiki article. Some of the stuff is really neat, I have a feeling the old Titor saga was probably written by someone who knows or was an IBM engineer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

ReelBigLizard posted:

Hey guys, I'm from the Rest of the World. Just checking in to see if you've fixed that issue where you made Donald Juche Trump your president instead of a regular president person?

No? Oh ok, LOL what a mess!

Let us know when you've got it sorted. Thx.

Don't worry, your air raid klaxons should give you at least some notice of what's coming. Also, sorry.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/d7ykxx/us-power-will-decline-under-trump-says-futurist-who-predicted-soviet-collapse

That's a nearly year old article about the (Nobel Peace Prize winning) guy who predicted the collapse of the Soviet Union.
He predicts the collapse of the United States empire by 2025.

quote:

Galtung has also accurately predicted the 1978 Iranian revolution; the Tiananmen Square uprising of 1989 in China; the economic crises of 1987, 2008 and 2011; and even the 9/11 attacks—among other events, according to the late Dietrich Fischer, academic director of the European University Center for Peace Studies.

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
Common sense and conspiracy paranoia are gonna reach a middle ground this year and when the two meet we're going to break reality

The cracks are already showing. Did you know that fat TV presenter Donald trump is president for example

Chernobyl baby fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 6, 2017

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Katana Gomai posted:

I'm German but agreed

Du bist meine kleine kartoffel.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

tao of lmao posted:

Is the fake news covering the saint louis protests at all? Shits been going for like 2 weeks now and I don't think I've seen information anywhere outside facebook.

I live in Missouri and I didn't know there were protests. What's up?

E: read a few posts ahead.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 6, 2017

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

1redflag posted:

Don't worry, your air raid klaxons should give you at least some notice of what's coming. Also, sorry.

After ~70 years of unbroken peace in my european home island nation we decommissioned our air raid sirens and civil defence shelters. I have some Ministry of Food cutlery from when they scrapped it all ~9 years ago.

Life comes at you fast, LOL.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Chernobyl baby posted:

Did you know that fat TV presenter Donald trump is president

hosed up if true.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Avirosb posted:

Job's gone
\

lol, ty for this

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Like I'm almost more annoyed that Donald Jiabetes Trump might actually prove the Prepper community right.

How are we in the timeline where the Prepper morons are the reasonable and prescient section of society?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Nocheez posted:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/d7ykxx/us-power-will-decline-under-trump-says-futurist-who-predicted-soviet-collapse

That's a nearly year old article about the (Nobel Peace Prize winning) guy who predicted the collapse of the Soviet Union.

I was going to say I was sceptical of this mans predictive power because he should be a billionaire if he was so right all the time , but he actually sounds quite reasonable with a well thought out hypothesis

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
The guy's not saying the country will collapse, just that our global power will decline/collapse. Not exactly Nostradamus to predict something that's already been happening for a while now

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
[quote="“Tax Inductions”" post="“477114035”"]
The guy’s not saying the country will collapse, just that our global power will decline/collapse. Not exactly Nostradamus to predict something that’s already been happening for a while now
[/quote]

I'm waiting for us to Balkanize. Pacifica should be nice, and so should Deseret, if you're white.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Titor get the gently caress back here and fix this poo poo

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Danaru posted:

Titor get the gently caress back here and fix this poo poo

That motherfucker was totally cool with a future where Russia helped him win a war against America's urban centers by nuking them. I hope he got sucked into a singularity.

E: wear the hat, Titor. You bitch

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 6, 2017

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Avirosb posted:

Job's gone
\

almost did a spit take at this, thank you for my daily hmbol

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Chernobyl baby posted:

Common sense and conspiracy paranoia are gonna reach a middle ground this year and when the two meet we're going to break reality

The cracks are already showing. Did you know that fat TV presenter Donald trump is president for example

Wait. Donald Trump, the dotard? How naive do you think I am?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

So there's a :pisstape: emoticon now.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tax Inductions posted:

The guy's not saying the country will collapse, just that our global power will decline/collapse. Not exactly Nostradamus to predict something that's already been happening for a while now

Though in fairness a lot of the predictions that the fall of the United States is coming any day now for the past few decades have been built almost entirely on wishful thinking, whether their own or others. Until Donald Trump, there wasn't an active force undermining the power of the United States; more a very gentle drip of things that might have had impact.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

So there's a :pisstape: emoticon now.

I think you'll find that the emoticon was within us all the whole time.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm the religious conservative primed to force his mistress into an abortion.

It's me.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I can't help but feel like she's probably better than trump, both as a leader and as a person

She leads the party literally called The Right, but in American terms she's a lefty RINO. That said she's still scum.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Nocheez posted:

That ball has been rolling for quite some time now. But if I had to pick a single moment that historians will look back on and say "on this day America lost it's power in the international community and the decline of the American empire officially began" it would be next week when Trump tears up the Iran deal.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I thought Trump backing out of the Paris Accords was when the ball started rolling on America's loss of relevance?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

I thought Trump backing out of the Paris Accords was when the ball started rolling on America's loss of relevance?

nah it was when America proved it was a retard country by electing king retard.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

That started when Obama made fun of ol' two scoops at the White House correspondents dinner.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
"the country should be run as a business" so you get the head of exxon to be the not at all resigning secretary of state, poo poo like that, and you get the man who shouts the loudest about doing business and striking deals to be the president. its a horrible prospect and it actually happened except it turns out the main guy is literally retarded, petty and spiteful, and whatever his nebulous "deals" result in appears to not be flattering for a supposed billionaire, should it appear on a tax return. how is that auditing coming along, why not done? him being so impressively bad just proves he really did nothing as head of the trump empire, sitting by his immensely cluttered desk eating the best taco bowl while smiling like the human being dog and looking intensely orange, we

why have so much stuff when you cant read. at least he can look at the pictures of himself he has scattered around

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm The Met Golfer magazine.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

old beast lunatic posted:

I'm The Met Golfer magazine.

I'm the magazine with my face on it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Between two ferns with fat suits.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

my new dog posted:

"the country should be run as a business" so you get the head of exxon to be the not at all resigning secretary of state, poo poo like that, and you get the man who shouts the loudest about doing business and striking deals to be the president. its a horrible prospect and it actually happened except it turns out the main guy is literally retarded, petty and spiteful, and whatever his nebulous "deals" result in appears to not be flattering for a supposed billionaire, should it appear on a tax return. how is that auditing coming along, why not done? him being so impressively bad just proves he really did nothing as head of the trump empire, sitting by his immensely cluttered desk eating the best taco bowl while smiling like the human being dog and looking intensely orange, we

why have so much stuff when you cant read. at least he can look at the pictures of himself he has scattered around

Lmfao, no computer at all.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Why does he always sit like this, is it some kind of 80s power move he learned (or "invented")

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
He's just trying to lean in and doesn't realize it's a metaphorical women thing

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/postlocal/status/916323827860328448

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Oscar Wild posted:

Lmfao, no computer at all.

Half of the stuff on his desk by volume is magazines

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/barry_corindia/status/916150987387105280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The loving picture :hmbol: