Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

vOv posted:

Rook Autoturret Hypercharge effect increasing target's damage taken increased from 5% to 6%.
Bishop Autoturret Hypercharge effect increasing target's damage taken increased from 5% to 6%.

MCH is good again boys
It's official. SE has no idea what they're doing with MCH and probably don't realize that there's anything wrong with it in the first place. :ughh:

In other news,

"Shake it Off: The effect "removes most all detrimental effects" has been changed to "creates a barrier around self and all nearby party members that absorbs damage totaling 8% of maximum HP." Recast time increased from 60 to 90 seconds."

Less neat than trading active CDs for more shield, but it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SL the Pyro posted:

It's official. SE has no idea what they're doing with MCH and probably don't realize that there's anything wrong with it in the first place. :ughh:
"The damage is fine, what move do you people want!?" :saddowns:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SL the Pyro posted:

Tackle Mastery exists and Tornado Kick remains unchanged since 4.0 and the change in 4.0 was pointless.

It's pretty safe to say they have no idea what they're doing at all and they kinda stumble into good decisions.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Reminder, this is the team that came up with gems like pruning Sustain because "we had it set so that pets would take reduced damage from enemies and we figured it wouldn’t be an issue as long as players don’t place the pets directly in front of the enemy".

And now they have to add it back in :v:

orcane fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Oct 6, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Players can now swim in all residential areas.

Lol just in time to lose the beach wall thanks.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
2.x 3.x 4.x
Players will now receive the Brilliant Conviction effect when entering quest battles introduced prior to patch 4.1.

Uh, they're adding that to all the quests? Cause that seems kinda...trivializing.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

So I just had a weird experience with Mogstation. I bought a game card to renew my subscription with, but when I logged in to Mogstation through Chrome I only had two payment options, Steam and paysafe card. I then tried logging in through Edge and all the payment options were displayed. :psyduck:
I guess I need to switch browsers?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

EvilTaytoMan posted:

So I just had a weird experience with Mogstation. I bought a game card to renew my subscription with, but when I logged in to Mogstation through Chrome I only had two payment options, Steam and paysafe card. I then tried logging in through Edge and all the payment options were displayed. :psyduck:
I guess I need to switch browsers?

This happens to me everytime for whatever reason and I get around it by logging in through incognito mode and then it works fine.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

All of the content in this patch could be garbage and 4.1 will still be forever known as The Best Patch thanks to the targeting change.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Xarbala posted:

On the upside I think apartments last forever?

I was unsubbed for roughly six months early this year and my apartment was exactly as i left it when i came back, so, confirmed

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Still lolling at the MCH "buff". At this point i'm just gonna accept that adding a hot shot meter to the job guage is this patches real mch buff.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The SMN changes are nice but I'm not sure its enough to shake out enough of the clunkiness for me for the rest of the expac.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Hooray, Sustain is back!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Asimo posted:

"The damage is fine, what move do you people want!?" :saddowns:

I'm honestly curious, what DO people want out of MCH at this point? Does everyone just hate Wildfire?

IMO the job plays fine and all I really want in the future at this point is more fun tools so we can get those Edgar references in there.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 6, 2017

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mainly it's that the heat mechanic is confusing as hell and hard to work into rotations. That plus MCH's already random-focused 1-2-3 combo means that pumping out your max dps is harder than ever.

I read a post on reddit that described that to get the most out of MCH's dps in single-target fights, overheating for every time wildfire is off cooldown is actually worse than overheating for every 2nd or third one. It's kinda bonkers really.

Also flamethrower, while awesome looking, doesn't have a lot of utility.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It is nifty that we can just relocate the FC house.

Also I'm totally never going to have the money or effort to put into maintaining a personal house, so I won't compete with anyone if they wanna buy the old TPT plot. I still think a goon should get it, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Thundarr posted:

All of the content in this patch could be garbage and 4.1 will still be forever known as The Best Patch thanks to the targeting change.

What's the change?

Edit: NM just found it. Target closest mob instead of working left to right yes please.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 6, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Doom Spike Area of effect has been increased.
Sonic Thrust Area of effect has been increased.

:woop:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

What's the change?

They're adding a "Target Closest Enemy" action.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Yeah I'm pretty sure that the SMN stuff works out to, at best, be neutral in terms of damage output. Ruin III's more spammable but got some potency chopped off, Devotion's even worse somehow, and there are apparently zero tweaks to stupid Demi-Bahamut. Maybe it's better in top end raiding, but no one's taking a summoner into an O4S farm party (except maybe as a joke) anyways. :shrug:

DizzyBum posted:

I'm honestly curious, what DO people want out of MCH at this point? Does everyone just hate Wildfire?

As a bad, I wouldn't complain if either Wildfire or Overheat were a couple of seconds longer (maybe with a slight reduction in damage output) to make lining them up easier. I get the impression that a lot of people hate the whole mechanic period though. Either way, a 1% increase to all incoming damage isn't huge obviously, but I wouldn't call it insignificant either.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
We have a summoner in our static right now and take him into O4S. Bahamut can be janky and hopefully they adjusted it some. He's just hoping the size slider will allow him to make bahamut bigger.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I have gone flat broke (as in i'm down to about 5k)between getting my glamour looking just right and putting materia into all my new gear. What's the fastest way to make money?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Doom Spike Area of effect has been increased.
Sonic Thrust Area of effect has been increased.

:woop:

I started leveling a Warrior and it's incredible how much nicer Overpower feels compared to those two, so I hope it's similar.

On a side note, why the gently caress does Overpower not generate beast gauge

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I have gone flat broke (as in i'm down to about 5k)between getting my glamour looking just right and putting materia into all my new gear. What's the fastest way to make money?

Right now nobody is spending because they're holding onto their gil for housing.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

oh i didn't have the money for a house even when i had money. But between costs for raiding and fashion i'm now broke :(

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

If you have a tank (or sometimes healer) at 60+, the cracked clusters you get from ldr's role in need bonus is a nice little income stream. Unless people stopped buying grade vi materia, or the market crashed, I haven't looked recently.

If you have gatherers, it seems like Doman sand is needed for like every crafting leve, and is always just a little too expensive for me to justify buying off the MB so you could probably make some money grinding out that too.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I have gone flat broke between getting my glamour looking just right and putting materia into all my new gear. What's the best/fastest way to make money? :(

Tell me about it, I got MCH and DRK to 70 within a couple of days of each other, and between materia, prisms, and outfitting each of them with an i320 weapon my gil account got slashed by a lot.

i should just glamour everything to the standard Elezen outfit

If you have a gathering/crafting class, look around for stuff that's in higher demand, which sometimes can be surprisingly low-level. Normal quality Sticky Rice, which is something a level ~20 BTN can gather, was going for around 2-3000 a pop when Stormblood hit, not sure what it's at now but that's not terrible money for the time investment. Otherwise, assuming that you're at 70 and went through the Stormblood MSQ, you probably have a pile of tier V materia that you can sell off for some cash, though obviously not a ton. Finally, some of the HQ leveling accessories from sidequests can get a surprisingly decent amount of money on the market boards if you're lucky. The flipside to all this is that a lot of people are hoarding gold for the housing rush, so the markets are kinda weak right now.

Also I'll be honest, I'm probably being overly negative on SMN. It was my first class and I'm still mad at how badly they screwed it up with Stormblood with their weird Bahamut fetish. Bahamut's already one of the more boring and generic summons/primals anyways, let me turn my aetherflows into train tickets to ride the DOOMTRAIN or something. :hawksin:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

oh i didn't have the money for a house even when i had money. But between costs for raiding and fashion i'm now broke :(

Let me introduce you to my friends, the Lost Canals and the Aquapolis.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

We have a summoner in our static right now and take him into O4S. Bahamut can be janky and hopefully they adjusted it some. He's just hoping the size slider will allow him to make bahamut bigger.

His size is based on your own Bahamut-slider setting iirc. So you can set it to be as big/small as you like but other people won't necessarily see it the same.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Asimo posted:

Still annoyed that MCH just got a number buff instead of anything to actually make it fun to play, but as long as they seem firm that Wildfire has to continue to exist the class is going to be obnoxious I guess.

If they're going to force the job to revolve entirely around Wildfire could they at least give it a cool animation instead of the dinky firecracker effect?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I don't know if it was coincedence or not, but by making the heated shots so loving amazing looking it really makes you try your best to stay in-between 50-95 heat. That hollow feeling when you overheat and lose your loving sick Bayonetta-style kicks and flips....shameful.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

DizzyBum posted:

IMO the job plays fine and all I really want in the future at this point is more fun tools so we can get those Edgar references in there.

I want them to walk into any middle school lunch room in America. Find the table with a bunch of dweebs with glasses. Ask them about their homeruled d&d class they made up. Replace Mch with whatever they say because it will almost certainly be more fun.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Did they ever make housing more available? Would it be realistic for a single person to save up some money and buy a house?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Let me introduce you to my friends, the Lost Canals and the Aquapolis.

I haven't done many maps but I'm hoping to get in on some more canal action when the new patch drops.

This patch is looking really good.

Carmant posted:

Did they ever make housing more available? Would it be realistic for a single person to save up some money and buy a house?

A new district opens up Tuesday. And fills up Tuesday.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Carmant posted:

This upcoming patch is opening more house slots in an all new area, and everyone is going to but their guts to move over to Shirogane so yes, they are and you'll possibly be able to get some good real estate in old housing districts on Tuesday.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I read a post on reddit that described that to get the most out of MCH's dps in single-target fights, overheating for every time wildfire is off cooldown is actually worse than overheating for every 2nd or third one. It's kinda bonkers really.

I literally can't see how this works since the dps you lose for the 10 seconds of recovery is less than the 28% you feed into wildfire.

Karasu Tengu fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 6, 2017

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you have a tank (or sometimes healer) at 60+, the cracked clusters you get from ldr's role in need bonus is a nice little income stream. Unless people stopped buying grade vi materia, or the market crashed, I haven't looked recently.

If you have gatherers, it seems like Doman sand is needed for like every crafting leve, and is always just a little too expensive for me to justify buying off the MB so you could probably make some money grinding out that too.

I watched Heavens' Vs bounce between 15k and 45k yesterday. This weekend is going to suck on the MB.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This patch is very good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
A perfect overheatwf is a gain of like, I think ~300 potency or something over just never overheating. If you mess up any buttons though lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Phone posted:

I watched Heavens' Vs bounce between 15k and 45k yesterday. This weekend is going to suck on the MB.

It might be a good weekend to buy, since there'll probably be a push to get as much gil as fast as possible before Tuesday, so people might undercut like madmen. Materia prices are likely to rise after the new duties come out because people will need to meld their new gear.