Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah that's the truth of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They didn't have Grotusques at the con, they announced it during a Twitch thing and then we all had to get on our phones and order it lol.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

What has Randy done that makes everyone say he is a piece of poo poo? I'm genuinely curious because I don't follow him closely.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Randy is a pretty cool and chill guy in real life, but he really drinks the Kool Aid they're selling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Since it came up recently, here's probably the ultimate example of when One:12 does not work.

Yuck.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
His torso looks like a half-empty tube of toothpaste and that face is awful

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Aphrodite posted:

Since it came up recently, here's probably the ultimate example of when One:12 does not work.

Yuck.

Let's move our grouphate from the somewhat defensible NECA to the completely indefensible practice of cloth goods on any figure smaller than 12".

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MooselanderII posted:

What has Randy done that makes everyone say he is a piece of poo poo? I'm genuinely curious because I don't follow him closely.

He gets into petty arguments on Twitter that just makes him look like a manchild, it gets to nerds. I remember seeing a video about some salty nerd getting super butthurt about a back and forth he had with Randy via twitter and he was just as big of a manchild. It was sad from both side but Randy being the face of the company he really shouldn't do dumb poo poo like that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Let's move our grouphate from the somewhat defensible NECA to the completely indefensible practice of cloth goods on any figure smaller than 12".

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

ThreeA stuff looks cool until you handle it and realize it weighs nothing and feels very airy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

[quote="“Guy Goodbody”" post="“477109665”"]

[/quote]

That's not cloth.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Mezco's 12" Ghostbusters still look like hot garbage.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The new Wolverine looks so awkward and is basically a case study in why they didn't go with comic accurate uniforms in the early X movies.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The boots are cool though.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

I actually like 1/12 3A a lot and wish they'd make it over the 12" or 8" figures.

Sadly, they don't seem to be too interested in making original stuff lately, which is sad because all I want is people who look like they stepped out a very stylish world war and also robots.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I'd probably buy that if it were his orange/brown costume.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/916329457341927424

Quit trying to make this happen again! Although to be fair, they did beat Funko to market and probably should've been the bigger deal but now i've got a bunch of Might Muggs and a lot of regret and all this is doing is bringing back the pain I feel every time I look at one.

Side node: Anyone looking to buy a bunch of Mighty Muggs? I hear they're coming back into style...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Funko releases like 20 Pops a week. That's the key.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pretty happy I saw the bubble bursting on Muggs and bailed out when I did.

Which one of you guys bought like 50 of them from me?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I saw the bubble popping but stayed in because I liked some of the design. Only ever bought retail thank god but they take up like twice the space of a pop and I have a whole lot of them. Ugh, maybe goodwill most of the collection.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I think I have exactly 1 Mighty Mugg, and it's Venom. I dig him but don't have a desire to get any others.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Have you all seen the new Marvel Legends revealed at NYCC?

Prowler (classic)
Taskmaster (classic)
Gladiator (the X-Men villain with the mohawk, not the Daredevil villain)
Spider-Man Noir (recycling the same old trench coat, with no fedora)
Multiple Man (in the ugly blue and yellow '90s X-Factor costume, with three different heads, but recycling the same old trench coat again!)

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=22263

Madrox was one of my most-wanted figures for years, but I wanted the modern X-Factor Investigations version, not that terrible Larry Stroman-designed costume.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Oh good I'll be able to find all the Multiple Mans that picky people leave behind. With such a natural army builder I'm pretty concerned about ever getting one at retail.

$42 for a single Jawa, suck my loving dick you rear end in a top hat hoarders :mad:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Star Ace finally revealed the first of their DC/CW TV licensed stuff at NYCC and it's 1/8 scale for some reason.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Aphrodite posted:

Star Ace finally revealed the first of their DC/CW TV licensed stuff at NYCC and it's 1/8 scale for some reason.

Probably because all the other scales have already been licensed out

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

davebo posted:

I'd probably buy that if it were his orange/brown costume.

They make the brown and yellow costume and it's non-exclusive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Probably because all the other scales have already been licensed out

Not 1/6, which is like exclusively what they've done before.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Wait, when the hell did the ML Defenders box go up on sale? It's not even on Amazon anymore and already up on eBay all over the place. What the gently caress. :argh:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Wait, when the hell did the ML Defenders box go up on sale? It's not even on Amazon anymore and already up on eBay all over the place. What the gently caress. :argh:

I have it on my Amazon wishlist, which I'm compulsively checking throughout the day, every day. It was never available -- the listing even says "unavailable," but this way, when it finally pops up for sale, I'll be ready. It's crazy that Robot Kingdom already shipped preorder sets to people in the UK!

I have a good feeling it will be easy to get from Amazon once it shows up. Stay patient and strong!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I have it on my Amazon wishlist, which I'm compulsively checking throughout the day, every day. It was never available -- the listing even says "unavailable," but this way, when it finally pops up for sale, I'll be ready. It's crazy that Robot Kingdom already shipped preorder sets to people in the UK!

I have a good feeling it will be easy to get from Amazon once it shows up. Stay patient and strong!

Do you have a link to it so I can add it? It wasn't even showing up on Amazon search on my phone.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Do you have a link to it so I can add it? It wasn't even showing up on Amazon search on my phone.

Sorry about that! I was bathroom-posting earlier.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06XWBBZNL/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2SQ90HJL6ZKIM&colid=9E8E46KES8RC

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

For me the real question isn't when it will go up, but whether it will be discounted for a Black Friday sale!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Oh weird, they have the clamshell figures on that search, too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Are there any clear poseable figure arms that you can drill into the wall? I want to pose some figures in the air or jumping off the edge of my shelves but I obviously don't want to worry about having to balance things and since large trucks driving by always shakes stuff here that could spell disaster. Also what's a good way to mount ships and stuff from a ceiling? Fishing wire?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

Are there any clear poseable figure arms that you can drill into the wall? I want to pose some figures in the air or jumping off the edge of my shelves but I obviously don't want to worry about having to balance things and since large trucks driving by always shakes stuff here that could spell disaster. Also what's a good way to mount ships and stuff from a ceiling? Fishing wire?

You could wire on the ceiling or maybe try Tamashii stands with thin screws hand screwed into the other stand ports, but they would probably fall out unless you were willing to glue the arms in place.

The other option would be mounting ACBA style flight stands sideways, but you'd still see the metal.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Got Ghost Rider on Friday, and damnit if he isn't one of the biggest badasses in my collection.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

They're gonna sell more Defenders boxes on Amazon.... right? Because if not, what the gently caress...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It hasn't gone on sale yet.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

It hasn't gone on sale yet.

I thought that, but multiple ACBA people have been posting pictures with them, because they apparently all got them this past week...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If they claim they got them from Amazon they are lying. Kapow and quite a few eBay sellers have it in hand from the international distribution and that is where they are coming from.