Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun

peter gabriel posted:

This is great because what more functionality does a door need than open and close lol

Drafts 1.0 has been implemented so an NPC can get cold and just toss on like 4 jackets to get comfortable

procgen birds are in:

The_Groove fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

My Star Citizen folder is 30gb for a space station and poo poo wipeout rip off

Make sure you delete the user directory before going into the PTU commando.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Evocati server size back down to 12 players lmao.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

They were at 30g for 2 space stations, and some satellites.

Now they're at 38g with multiple moons?

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

This is great because what more functionality does a door need than open and close lol

I'm guessing they've added a kill box that checks for suits to replace the old "die if you press the button without a suit".

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Looks like they got a Delta patcher working though. Mostly.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Viscous Soda posted:

I'm guessing they've added a kill box that checks for suits to replace the old "die if you press the button without a suit".

there's guaranteed to still be tons of places you can clip through the floor to outside in Grim Hex, so if it's just a box in or near the airlock we'll know soon.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Where is the hot thread on the delta patcher?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ManofManyAliases posted:

gently caress if I know. Spin a wheel - you'll get a better guess.

"I could literally get my money back that is at the edge of a burning pile of other backer money but- meh"

ZenMaster fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 6, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Did Derek shoot first?

He never got to even finish his loving shot.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The problem is that Star Citizen has like... 1% of its content in the game so far.

I have no problem accepting a large world game, or a game with excessive high quality assets, being 50g+. SC has already blown the budget with 30g for 2 space stations, a few satellites, and background decorations. They have 3 moons, landable and traverseable, in this release? They did that for only 8 more gigs?

I'll admit some amount of surprise, as long as those moons aren't total garbage.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Yea it works because they outsourced its dev to turbulent.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
[quote="“Beet Wagon”" post="“477118751”"]
[/quote]

That's all I needed to hear. Buying in now.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

XK posted:

The genius of Evocati is that CIG could claim that it's released, without ever releasing it. If anyone ever questioned it, well, they aren't in the select group of testers. The select group of testers can't attest to anything, because they're under NDA.

So closed pre-alpha testing equals release now? What a time to be alive.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

XK posted:

I have no problem accepting a large world game, or a game with excessive high quality assets, being 50g+. SC has already blown the budget with 30g for 2 space stations, a few satellites, and background decorations. They have 3 moons, landable and traverseable, in this release? They did that for only 8 more gigs?

I'll admit some amount of surprise, as long as those moons aren't total garbage.

How much are you willing to bet that "moons" are featureless flat planes with nothing notable about them?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

So closed pre-alpha testing equals release now? What a time to be alive.

Impressive, really. They've only been in development for a couple of months.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Variable 5 posted:

Indeed this prototype is impressive, I hope their kickstarter campaign is succesfull and allow them to take the time to transform it into a real game.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I wish I was an avocado.

I want to pay the real and good game that is sc.

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.

EightAce posted:

Citizen con IS going to be loving hilarious if what I've just seen is actually going to happen.

Well, we keep saying this the last two years, so...

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

The worst would be for them to rush things, but they don't have a publisher so no need to precipitate. I give them a 3 years time for a good dev, because after 3 years things have the tendency to get stale.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

So, are we going to hear anything at all, any leaks about whether it is a complete shitshow, or just mostly?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

drluv posted:

Well, we keep saying this the last two years, so...

And its been loving hilarious every year

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

IncredibleIgloo posted:

So, are we going to hear anything at all, any leaks about whether it is a complete shitshow, or just mostly?

3.0 is really good

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Variable 5 posted:

The switch to burndown resets the dev timer, which is obvious to anyone who understands game development.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

3.0 is really good

Half-life 3 confirmed

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
imagine being almost a year behind what you initially said was going to be the 3.0 launch, and loving regressing on player count

get a refund idiots

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How much are you willing to bet that "moons" are featureless flat planes with nothing notable about them?

They will have the same level of fidelity as Star Fox for the SNES

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

imagine being almost a year behind what you initially said was going to be the 3.0 launch, and loving regressing on player count

get a refund idiots

Game's only been in development since Monday :rolleyes:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qxIIC95BeY

:gary:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Seriously, if anyone ITT is going to CitCon this year, please be careful. I know it's silly for me to :ohdear: about whatever loser whales might still go there to defend CIG being any kind of threat to a sane individual, but there's still an awful lot of them and the longer this shitshow goes on, the less likely they are to bathe. Please consider that at least.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I really want to know just how many unique derelict outposts and ships there are on the moons.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
No matter how many procedural planets, missions, and giant ships they add, having 12 players max in MMO that's 5 years into development is embarrassing. Shitizens will continue posting cool screenshots and shilling as always but the game is dead, it won't happen.

What is their reasoning for having 30 crew capital ships when that is 2x what a server supports right now? Network code is not something you can "layer on top later" as Croberts likes to say. It had to be in right away as part of the core of their engine.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

We've still never seen the mission system actually working, right?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hope someone breaks the NDA soon so I can find out just how owned we are, it's really stressful knowing you are owned but not how much.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

big nipples big life posted:

I hope someone breaks the NDA soon so I can find out just how owned we are, it's really stressful knowing you are owned but not how much.

Lowtax will shut down the forums and issue refunds, that's how much.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

I hope someone breaks the NDA soon so I can find out just how owned we are, it’s really stressful knowing you are owned but not how much.

This. I need to know if I should delete my copy of E:D.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
3.0 Frames Per Second.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
You goons are going to be so sorry when Star Citizen turns out to be an amazing game you all have a great time playing, that'll show you for being so cynical

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Gort posted:

You goons are going to be so sorry when Star Citizen turns out to be an amazing game you all have a great time playing, that'll show you for being so cynical

Yeah, when I am kamakaziing my stolen ship into the bridge of some whale's wallet boat I am going to be seriously regretting all the laughs I got out of SC's development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
CR's new plan is to wait until there's only twelve SC backers that haven't died of old age

Player capacity problem solved :smug: