Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Alris posted:

I had no idea Gargamel was an Oilers fan.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Smol posted:

I think I'd actually like SRO if he played against people on his level, but watching him trash some Gold 5 shitters is just a waste of time.

Eh, I know he's a bit gimmicky but like I said he's pretty good about explaining deeper game decisions. He's not styling on noobs with superior Riven mechanics, he's showing why he can make attack speed Darius work by setting up a freeze and building a 40cs lead, which is actual useful information.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I like how you can tell he was taking photos of himself with different faces to use in thumbnails because the shirts are the same

Of course, unless you're qtpie and you wear the same thing every day like a hobo, you have to occasionally change shirts and take more gOoFy fAcE photos to get those views otherwise people will get burnt out on seeing your thumbnails on their feed

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Teikanmi posted:

I like how you can tell he was taking photos of himself with different faces to use in thumbnails because the shirts are the same

Of course, unless you're qtpie and you wear the same thing every day like a hobo, you have to occasionally change shirts and take more gOoFy fAcE photos to get those views otherwise people will get burnt out on seeing your thumbnails on their feed

finally i've found it, a person uglier than me

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
the veigar and braum are the same face...

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Alris posted:

lmao

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

henkman posted:

the veigar and braum are the same face...

a face intrigued by the recent discovery of constipation

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Christ that dude and others like him are a blight

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Yo dude I loving LOVE clickbait channels they're my favorite.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

If I ever hit plat or something I need to try to get in on the youtube twitch money stream.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
You all mock but that dude probably makes 6 figs with those dumb faces. He's probably jacked too, there's no way you would say that poo poo to him on LAN

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
he's hot in a bearish kind of way

is he an rear end in a top hat tho

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

if i could get paid real money to make stupid faces and play random crap only showing games i did well in, i would do it too

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

if i could get paid real money to make stupid faces and play random crap only showing games i did well in, i would do it too

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
master yi watching seven clickbait videos at a time

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
gently caress that dude's stupid loving face, and also "Fiora OP" when the build includes Trinity Force and Randuin's.....

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
VEIGAR OP?!?!?!?!?

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Did someone say full crit yorick?!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
When you're not even that bald but still shave your head, but ONLY the top :thumbsup:

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Sexpansion posted:

VEIGAR OP?!?!?!?!?

Incidentally, on his smurf (in Gold 1...) it looks like one of his only positive win rate champs with more than like four games played is Veigar. It's honestly kind of weird that a D2 player has such bad win rates in Gold...

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Riot posted a teaser for this seasons Victorious skin

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
graves

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hi Malcom

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

foutre posted:

Incidentally, on his smurf (in Gold 1...) it looks like one of his only positive win rate champs with more than like four games played is Veigar. It's honestly kind of weird that a D2 player has such bad win rates in Gold...

Because he just plays poo poo builds and whatnot on there for his YouTube because your average teenager who watches him only cares about the thumbnail items and watches 10 minutes before jerking off before his Mom gets home from work

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
I'm thinking Braum. Because why not!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

funny how ppl hateing on the guy who plays a terrible but funny build 30 games until he lucks out to win, mean while most of you Haters have never won a game of league of legends in your life. jealous much ???

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Nasus.jpg

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Luna Was Here posted:

You all mock but that dude probably makes 6 figs with those dumb faces. He's probably jacked too, there's no way you would say that poo poo to him on LAN
Actually nobody makes money on youtube now because the New York Times threw a tantrum nobody was reading their newspaper then scared advertisers away from YouTube by showing a coke ad on a Neo Nazi's video or whatever

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Actually nobody makes money on youtube now because the New York Times threw a tantrum nobody was reading their newspaper then scared advertisers away from YouTube by showing a coke ad on a Neo Nazi's video or whatever

Source your quotes

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Rygar201 posted:

Source your quotes
Where have you been in the last 6 months because it sure wasn't youtube

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
YouTube ad rev got fart hosed for content creators and they're demonitizing things randomly. It's really bad. Please respect the knowledge of others.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Hence why literally everything now is let's plays and twitch streams. Content that's easy to make and easy to constantly update.

Lord help you if you actually do animation or, gasp, an actual show on youtube.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Hence why literally everything now is let's plays and twitch streams. Content that's easy to make and easy to constantly update.

i draw live action cartoons on youtube and make nine hundred million dollars a year but my hands all hosed up now and i can only play yorick in league of legends, and only in the support role and if i buy a sightstone my thumb stops working for twenty five minutes. please understand.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Where have you been in the last 6 months because it sure wasn't youtube

Yeah I'm aware of the ad revenue issue, but that was the first thing I saw someone blame the New York Times of all things

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Alris posted:

this is racism

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah I'm aware of the ad revenue issue, but that was the first thing I saw someone blame the New York Times of all things
Might have been the Wall Street Journal but it was one of those dead media things that had a bunch of journalists round up a ton of screenshots of advertisements on nazi/neo-nazi videos that they then sent to almost every advertiser on YouTube in addition to rallying people against PewDiePie for saying a bunch of really stupid stuff

It was less "investigative journalism" to bring attention to a problem and more of a "If we can't make money nobody can" move out of spite.

Pewdiepie probably deserved it since he had a Disney contract and they're extremely uptight about what their partners can say but there's channels like Report of the Week getting demonetized despite him never talking about politics or even cursing on his channel

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Buckwheat Sings posted:

those guys do not make a lot of money actually, on youtube anyway. for ad revenue depending on what you do you can make drastically different amounts of money, like how people who review toys make loving millions. lets players do not get all that much money but try to make up for it by dumping out content. so maybe they get like 2 cents every 10 views or something, but they average out like 40k views an episode and release a video every day, plus people go through the backlogs sometimes.

the problem with people doing shows is that it takes more effort to do and sometimes youtube might just randomly decide to gently caress over your show by demonetizing it because all of a sudden they dislike your content, and now you have literally nothing to do.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Just got demoted to bronze lol. 2 computer crashes, 3+ carries that went afk midgame, MULTIPLE different intentional feeders (like rage in allchat and walk down mid), every single game has had everyone raging at each other so much that I watch some of them sit in lane typing instead of playing, just to yell at teammates. I don't care about my VIDEOGAMEPOINTS I just want to have some fun but try-hard games, and I can't seem to find them. Ranked is so much more toxic than unranked, this is ridiculous. And I thought dota was bad lol. Im just gonna assume HOTS is the same poo poo and I should stick to vainglory lol.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ranked is pretty bad right now depending on your elo because a lot of people are freaking out about trying to reach gold. also last night i had someone who was definitely boosted to gold 5 in my game and he kept typing weird poo poo like "egg" and "move]" and was just mostly standing around and not CSing. also as twitch he purposefully stepped on every caitlyn trap. i dont think he was inting but i do think he might be an alien who is learning about humans by playing league. and also got boosted to gold 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

ranked is pretty bad right now depending on your elo because a lot of people are freaking out about trying to reach gold. also last night i had someone who was definitely boosted to gold 5 in my game and he kept typing weird poo poo like "egg" and "move]" and was just mostly standing around and not CSing. also as twitch he purposefully stepped on every caitlyn trap. i dont think he was inting but i do think he might be an alien who is learning about humans by playing league. and also got boosted to gold 5

Yeah I played some ranked today for the first time in months and it was loving horrible. Every game was a stomp (usually for the enemy team). Had a jungle khazix refuse to gank top when i'm maokai into vlad because "maokai is a tank and does no damage" and it blew my mind with how stupid it was I'm still tilted

Like, people who say play ranked for better games or whatever are full of poo poo, I get way better quality games in normals where the score isnt 2-23 at 15 minutes

• Locked thread