Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CJacobs posted:

But is Paid Mods on Boardwalk/Park Place, or is it Mediterranean Avenue

Luxury Tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

rich uncle pennybags face is so freakin clean in this one

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

haveblue posted:

Luxury Tax

For Todd it'd be Free Parking, but he would demand that you play with the alternative rule where you get all the free money in the tax pot if you land there

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Physics error in your favor! Collect $200 and then kick the game board as hard as you can

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

haveblue posted:

Physics error in your favor! Collect $200 and then kick the game board as hard as you can

I'm dead

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just wait for next year's up-res'd version of the game board.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sorry, you don't have the Ultimate Skyrim Railroads Reloaded mod installed! You cannot purchase this property!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Broken Quest Chain! Continue playing as normal but there are no longer win conditions. Continue playing forever or start the game over.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stop right there. Stop right there, criminal scum. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

if you play as a bucket you can place it over your opponent and steal all their property

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

haveblue posted:

Stop right there. Stop right there, criminal scum. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJ1RHUnX9s

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Broken Quest Chain! Continue playing as normal but there are no longer win conditions. Continue playing forever or start the game over.

if only skyrim gave you a message about continuing to persist in the doomed world you have created

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The only way you'll ever get me to play Monopoly again is with this version.

Monopoly GAMER adds character abilities, boss battles and Mario Party-style mechanics. Also if you pay extra for the collector's edition you get Bowser as a character and Bowser Jr. as a boss, just like in real video games

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

The Colonel posted:

if only skyrim gave you a message about continuing to persist in the doomed world you have created

"Huh, I got a mailer from my registered political party, the Republicans. I wonder what could be... hrmmm."

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

LawfulWaffle posted:

actually one of the best things about morrowind is you could get this message, but then there was an in-game way to fix it and win the game anyway

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like that no matter what you do in morrowind, and despite the game giving that message if you kill any plot-important npcs, there's literally no way to make the game unbeatable because even if you kill literally everyone in the world you can just fortify your own health and get a weapon that drains enough health to tank the damage from sunder and keening

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

The Colonel posted:

i like that no matter what you do in morrowind, and despite the game giving that message if you kill any plot-important npcs, there's literally no way to make the game unbeatable because even if you kill literally everyone in the world you can just fortify your own health and get a weapon that drains enough health to tank the damage from sunder and keening

It takes less time than actually doing the main quest, too!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would play Monopoly skyrim

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
One of the best things about New Vegas is that you really can kill everyone. Having that sort of freedom makes the game such more enjoyable, even if I basically never acted on it.

The amount of immortal NPCs in Bethesda games really annoys me.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

I would play Monopoly skyrim

Isn't that just real life

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think monopoly skyrim is just culdcept, and yeah you should play culdcept

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I almost bought a 3DS for that new Culdcept game. But I ended up with a Switch instead

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like Skyrim

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jay Rust posted:

I like Skyrim

I don't

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Or maybe you like skyrimming.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTgUm8VEWiU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They patched it so that that always happens now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
skyrim is mediocre

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Skyrim was pretty good when it came out 6 loving years ago.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
6 years go was also the time I played it last so I'm getting the VR version

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm an insanely cool gamer that will probably buy skyrim again when the VR version comes out, and maybe fallout 4 VR also but it sounds like that one might suck

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
is it a question if a bad game will be bad when it comes out in vr

anyway skyrim is decently enjoyable but it's, not a great game, and never really was. it was kind of impressive when it came out but the quests always sucked rear end and the balance is hosed so you can only really play two kinds of characters

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

I mean "bad" as in people are saying that it runs at 70% native resolution on a 1080 and everything more than a couple yards away looks like a flat texture

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm gonna get Skyrim for the switch because why not.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The Colonel posted:

anyway skyrim is decently enjoyable but it's, not a great game, and never really was. it was kind of impressive when it came out but the quests always sucked rear end and the balance is hosed so you can only really play two kinds of characters

I played like 3 different characters in Skyrim and they all worked fine???

Its not like the combat is deep enough that you can't beat it with any sort of character.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Internet Kraken posted:

I played like 3 different characters in Skyrim and they all worked fine???

Its not like the combat is deep enough that you can't beat it with any sort of character.

magic in skyrim is absolute poo poo. it's not unplayable but it is way way way worse than just bashing everything with progressively better axes

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The Colonel posted:

magic in skyrim is absolute poo poo. it's not unplayable but it is way way way worse than just bashing everything with progressively better axes

Yeah no. My strongest character was a mage so I don't buy that at all.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

please don't argue about your favorite skyrimjob we don't need to know your kinks

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

The Colonel posted:

Meanwhile in Elder Scrolls Online it's pretty cool

Phantasium posted:

please don't argue about your favorite skyrimjob we don't need to know your kinks

Lol if you don't archer your way through every dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bethesda has never made a good game. This is not debatable. Don't loving at me.

• Locked thread