Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Syrian Lannister posted:

Ralphie May died. He was 45

does this really surprise anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I liked his comedy.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
TBH I thought he died years ago

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

quote:

May is survived by his wife Lahna Turner and two children, daughter April June May and son August James May.

That's just loving mean.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

That's just loving mean.

August James May is pretty good though

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

bird food bathtub posted:

That's just loving mean.

Why wouldn't he name the child March April May. The most egregious thing is not committing to the calander.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Seriously, Julius Augustus May would be cool too

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

Depends on if he was a top gear fan or not.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

facialimpediment posted:

Trump endorsed the Republican candidate, Gillespie, in Virginia, basically saying the Democrat Northam supported MS-13 and sanctuary cities (Virginia doesn't have any). The race is close-ish because Northam is milquetoast as gently caress.

Still, Gillespie appears thrilled about the endorsement.

https://twitter.com/PoliticoKevin/status/916321538848194560

https://twitter.com/PoliticoKevin/status/916322493933277184

Northam, actually thrilled, turned it into a fundraising opportunity.

https://twitter.com/RalphNortham/status/916123416159248390

Trump's approval rating in Virginia is 33-59.

Northam is another rear end in a top hat that thinks Virginia is only Richmond and maybe NoVA depending if the mood strikes him. Wouldn't surprise me to see him lose and then act bewildered as to how ignoring the rest of the state was a bad idea.

Speaking of idiot Virginia representatives, Terry McAuliffe is pushing an assault weapons ban in Virginia citing Virginia Tech as reason enough despite the fact that jackass used handguns with ten round magazines.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pesticide20 posted:

The coolest thing about looking up my Italian side was finding out that Julius is a given name that runs in the family

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Going back a page-
Harding is who I was thinking of, but all the recent talk about Grant and Sherman pushed him from my drug ridden brain.
I still remember some political cartoon of him being fat in a tub, and drawing a big weiner on it in my text book.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Northam is another rear end in a top hat that thinks Virginia is only Richmond and maybe NoVA depending if the mood strikes him. Wouldn't surprise me to see him lose and then act bewildered as to how ignoring the rest of the state was a bad idea.

Speaking of idiot Virginia representatives, Terry McAuliffe is pushing an assault weapons ban in Virginia citing Virginia Tech as reason enough despite the fact that jackass used handguns with ten round magazines.

Together with the Norfolk area they make up the bulk of the state's population and economic engine, so I mean.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
brb googling who ralphie may is

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

brb googling who ralphie may is
Fat drug using idiot who was on Last Comic Standing ~15 years ago.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
He had some specials too.

I'm not surprised. Did they say the cause of death or can we just go on assuming it was a heart attack that killed Ralphie?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He had hosed up some show earlier in the year or last year because he was on some hard drugs, and people wanted their money back. So, probably a combination of fat and drugs.

2003 was a long loving time ago. I was entering high school when the first season ended.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Without googling, I thought Ralphie May was the kid who starred in A Christmas Story and was kinda sad he died before he got a chance to shoot his eye out.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
PULL UP, JOE! PULL UP!

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/916460258901536768

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Diamond Joe was the best candidate that never actually existed.

I'd still take him today.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Capn Beeb posted:

:shrug: I'd take those two over Gillespie or Cuccinelli any day of the week. Also what Psydude said.

And there's not going to be an assault weapon ban in VA. Not as long as Republicans control the State Assembly and Senate. And even then, I doubt it'd happen as easily as it did in Maryland under O'Malley.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Diamond Joe was the best candidate that never actually existed.

I'd still take him today.
:same:
Speaking of canidate's that never actually existed.
The Strange Political Afterlife of Arnold Schwarzenegger

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Handsome Ralph posted:

:shrug: I'd take those two over Gillespie or Cuccinelli any day of the week. Also what Psydude said.

And there's not going to be an assault weapon ban in VA. Not as long as Republicans control the State Assembly and Senate. And even then, I doubt it'd happen as easily as it did in Maryland under O'Malley.

Wasn't it the Virginia House floor where a state rep not only brought a WASR-10 inside the chamber as a speech prop, but one of the other reps offered to buy it from him on the spot?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigDave posted:

Wasn't it the Virginia House floor where a state rep not only brought a WASR-10 inside the chamber as a speech prop, but one of the other reps offered to buy it from him on the spot?

Yeah, I recalled it having an rear end ugly thumb hole stock, but dude did offer to buy it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Have you ever been stuck in formation before a three-day weekend, thinking you'd rather die than be in formation?

https://apnews.com/d66caa924dcc48bb982131829637a6ef

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

bulletsponge13 posted:

I still remember some political cartoon of him being fat in a tub, and drawing a big weiner on it in my text book.

Are you sure that wasn't Taft?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

joat mon posted:

Are you sure that wasn't Taft?

That was definitely Taft. One of the defining characteristics of President Taft was that he was so fat they had to install a special tub for him to bathe in.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
my favorite president is zachary taylor because he shat himself to death after gorging on iced milk and raw vegetables during one particularly hot and humid 4th of July

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Weinstein led Sivan to the kitchen of the restaurant, which was closed at the time. There were two staffers in the kitchen, whom Weinstein excused, leaving him alone with Sivan in a small area just outside the kitchen. Sivan then claims Weinstein attempted to kiss her, at which point she pulled away and told Weinstein she had a boyfriend. Weinstein reportedly answered by saying, "Well, can you just stand there and shut up," at which point Weinstein exposed himself, masturbated and quickly ejaculated into a nearby potted plant. He then re-zipped his pants and exited through the kitchen.

jfc harvey

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I really don't get how men like Weinstein or O'Reilly or Weiner or Bill Clinton develop into the misogynists or harassers that we know them to be now. Like, is it power or fame that lets them be who they always were deep down, or is it the other way around?

I ask because I'm in my early to mid 30s and am climbing the ladder in my own career, yet at no point have I ever thought, "Gee, grabbing the intern's rear end/dropping sleazy hints on my attractive but very much married coworker sure seems like a great idea!"

I just don't get how men like that operate. Same goes with people who get into a position of power or authority and turn into irredeemable authoritarian assholes, but I guess that's two sides of the same coin.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

suboptimal posted:

I really don't get how men like Weinstein or O'Reilly or Weiner or Bill Clinton develop into the misogynists or harassers that we know them to be now. Like, is it power or fame that lets them be who they always were deep down, or is it the other way around?

I ask because I'm in my early to mid 30s and am climbing the ladder in my own career, yet at no point have I ever thought, "Gee, grabbing the intern's rear end/dropping sleazy hints on my attractive but very much married coworker sure seems like a great idea!"

I just don't get how men like that operate. Same goes with people who get into a position of power or authority and turn into irredeemable authoritarian assholes, but I guess that's two sides of the same coin.

It's the era they grew up in.

Women were still "things" even in the 90s, and they "knew their place" up until relatively recently.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The prospect of loving children with impunity is what drives them to climb the ladder in the first place

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its not the era they grew up in

its riches and power and never hearing no. it breeds sociopaths. you could walk into any mens club and find the exact loving behavior going on today.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That kind of authority allows them to be their truest selves.

There's a lot of rumors and stories about Bryan Singer being a serial child abuser/pedophile.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jared Leto is rumored to be the next Cosby. I kind of believe it because I hate his acting and want him locked up forever.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

He had some specials too.

I'm not surprised. Did they say the cause of death or can we just go on assuming it was a heart attack that killed Ralphie?

Pneumonia and cardiac arrest

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

suboptimal posted:

I'm in my early to mid 30s

You answered your own question.

Not that millennials are good, just less automatically worse

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

cowboy elvis posted:

There's a lot of rumors and stories about Bryan Singer being a serial child abuser/pedophile.

Yeah, this rumor has a cameo appearance in The Way Of The Gun

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

cowboy elvis posted:

That kind of authority allows them to be their truest selves.

Idk if anyone who saw Apt Pupil could consider those mere "rumors"

Also reminder Victor Salva was convicted of raping a 12 year old on video evidence and then directed a hit for Disney 5 years later

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I think it's pretty well established that Hollywood is brimming with horrible sex perverts and pedophiles who are somehow allowed to act with impunity. Just look at how Woody Allen and Roman Polanski are treated.

If you allow your child to be an actor you're pretty much asking for them to be abused and/or raped.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

my kinda ape posted:

I think it's pretty well established that Hollywood is brimming with horrible sex perverts and pedophiles who are somehow allowed to act with impunity. Just look at how Woody Allen and Roman Polanski are treated.

If you allow your child to be an actor you're pretty much asking for them to be abused and/or raped.

There's a cut scene from The Godfather that shows the guy who got the horse head stuffed into his sheets was a pedophile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Trump killed the contraceptive mandate.

quote:

employers may now have more leeway to withhold birth control coverage on religious grounds, according to new rules issued by the US Department of Health and Human Services on Friday.

quote:

Until now, a fairly limited number of employers -- mainly churches and some other religious entities -- could get an exemption to the mandate. Some others, such as religious-based universities or hospitals, could seek accommodations so that they didn't have to provide coverage, but their workers could still get covered contraceptives that would be paid for by the insurer or the employer plan's administrator.

• Locked thread