Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Logged in to do my 2 uber labs for the day, not doing full key runs or anything since I'm just doing it for 40/40 and managed to nail 2 addtl barrage projectiles on a tempest. Why can't my luck be good when I've actually got builds to make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
You could just give it to me, that would be good

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

The March Hare posted:

Logged in to do my 2 uber labs for the day, not doing full key runs or anything since I'm just doing it for 40/40 and managed to nail 2 addtl barrage projectiles on a tempest. Why can't my luck be good when I've actually got builds to make?

Nice One March Hare i gave up on that poo poo long ago

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

whalestory posted:

Nice One March Hare i gave up on that poo poo long ago

Hi whalestory nice to see you again! Don't give up on your dreams though (or do, because then they come true I guess...)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

When dicking around with spectral throw in PoB, is it only calculating dps for one impact per projectile? As I understand it ST's damage is applied per 0.3 seconds that the projectile is on target, so real world dps would be higher, right? What's a normal 'good' amount of ST shaper dps to see, in that case?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

all skill effect mtx are on sale this weekend

good timing for me since i just bought the eclipse pack last week.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Awesome! posted:

Email them for a rebate?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh i was being completely unironic, i saved my points for exactly such an occasion

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

whypick1 posted:

Email them for a rebate?

Rebate on what? They don't discount supporter packs.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Oh derp, I was thinking that was an mtx pack, not a supporter pack.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Awesome! posted:

I can't really find any that I want that I don't already have and boy is that a loving depressing thought :smith:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

does one of the mtx make zombie footsteps silent because they NEVER STOP MOVING IN MY HIDEOUT

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Indecisive posted:

does one of the mtx make zombie footsteps silent because they NEVER STOP MOVING IN MY HIDEOUT

Can't you just desummon them by removing whatever item the gem is in?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

When dicking around with spectral throw in PoB, is it only calculating dps for one impact per projectile? As I understand it ST's damage is applied per 0.3 seconds that the projectile is on target, so real world dps would be higher, right? What's a normal 'good' amount of ST shaper dps to see, in that case?

Yes it's based on 1 hit per projectile. If you are point blanking an enemy then each projectile will hit 2 times, so double your PoB dps. If you're actually optimizing by positioning yourself so the projectiles stay over the enemy, I believe the most hits you get is 5 or 6 with the deceleration enchant? At least I saw a thread on Reddit about it a month or so ago testing on Kuduku.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
That's only if they have a wide hitbox. 3 is standard for most bosses.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Ugh, just tried doing uber lab on my bow character and now I remember why I stopped playing my last one. I specced out of VP but then Izaro was super lovely. Why did they make lab require such specific tools?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

George posted:

Ugh, just tried doing uber lab on my bow character and now I remember why I stopped playing my last one. I specced out of VP but then Izaro was super lovely. Why did they make lab require such specific tools?

Did you try decoy totem? Decoy totem shits all over izaro/argus

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I haven't felt the need to spec out of vaal pact for uber lab, just run a extra health potion or the pantheon for it, if you aren't specializing in life regen anyway is the maybe 1% life regen gonna really matter?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

George posted:

Why not just bring multiple instant flasks instead of speccing out of VP

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Since everyone is using Bisco's anyway, just use that unique Marble amulet while in lab and take a single life flask.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I'll tech up my flask game and try again. I think what I've learned is that I should only play hyper tanky classes in the future. My cyclone Juggernaut is so chill.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
That's why I like my Ancestral Warchief dude with Bloodgrip amulet, traps and lab in general aren't an issue.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I'm glad my "gently caress the atlas just complete every map and run good ones this league" strategy left me with enough sextants to cash in when this monstrosity showed up on poe.xyz

The aura for the lab enchant didn't really matter for my build, though haste or determination reservation would have been lame since those auras are situational for me depending on if I'm using RotP or running wrath/anger instead

Cory in the Blouse fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 7, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

good loving god flicker slayer is fun

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I just started flickering and it's boss, even though my crit rate isn't good enough to sustain flicker and my resists suck.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Diamond Flask is your friend and it will take you on strange and mysterious journeys.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Is there room in the guild? ign: SavageBOL\

Trying out glacial cascade mines as a late to the league build.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Silhouette Wires posted:

Is there room in the guild? ign: SavageBOL\

Trying out glacial cascade mines as a late to the league build.

sent

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Phobophilia posted:

Diamond Flask is your friend and it will take you on strange and mysterious journeys.

Blood rage helps a ton too

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

It just never gets old the insane things that happen when Jesus takes the wheel, yeah

I believe my current record is 45 straight seconds of flickering on a sea witch double beyond oasis :allears:

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Ciaphas posted:

good loving god flicker slayer is fun

Were you using a particular build? I'm struggling to get my slayer flicker set up right. often times I go from unstoppable death machine, to a fine paste.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Don't forget Assassin's Mark

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Maddot_66 posted:

Were you using a particular build? I'm struggling to get my slayer flicker set up right. often times I go from unstoppable death machine, to a fine paste.

I'm following Mathil's build pretty much verbatim, feel free to look up CiaphasGetsADD under account Ciaphas01, I'd link but pathofexile.com seems to be unreachable :confused:

I've had problems with flicker suddenly stopping despite having frenzies, but beyond that nothing that wasn't really my own fault anyway (not keeping fortify going for example).

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Maddot_66 posted:

That's just something you have to accept if you're going to play flicker. Sometimes you die and there's nothing you can do about it. Too many defensive mods on the map can also cause problems, because you really need to be oneshotting trash to be safe. Lightning Coil + Taste of Hate + basalt flask + some way to get endurance charges all help, since you're inevitably going to be wearing Abyssus.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Ciaphas posted:

I've had problems with flicker suddenly stopping despite having frenzies, but beyond that nothing that wasn't really my own fault anyway (not keeping fortify going for example).
This is usually a pathing issue. I think it can also happen if you're mousing over a non-walkable area when trying to flicker, though it's hard to tell in all the chaos. Either way moving your mouse and trying again helps, and holding down shift (or whatever your attack-in-place key is) while flickering can make it happen less.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 8, 2017

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Phobophilia posted:

Already have that

Mr. Despair posted:

Blood rage helps a ton too

and that

George posted:

Don't forget Assassin's Mark

I need to grab this and blasphemy but don't have the sockets yet, which is to say my gear *sucks* and I need to spend some effort fixing it. I did buy myself a crit strikes with good quality on it, so once that levels a little more...

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

The March Hare posted:

Just thought I'd let everyone know I am now 48 labs in this league and just got my 2nd one.

Betty
Apr 14, 2008
Any room in the guild for baby's first sunder marauder? IGN is NapalmGrandpa
I guess I should say its my second attempt because I hosed up my first build so bad I just started over.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i just six linked two nearly perfect terminus est's in less than 300 fusings how in the actual gently caress. I didn't even want 6l, I wanted 5l+1 :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The March Hare posted:

Just thought I'd let everyone know I am now 48 labs in this league and just got my 2nd one.

go gently caress yourself friend