Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Terminator future shock b*tch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

In Training posted:

Bethesda has never made a good game. This is not debatable. Don't loving at me.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

In Training posted:

made, okay, sure. in the past five years, they have published like 20 great games.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

In Training posted:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

In Training posted:

That's up to debate, but they sure all hell have been publishing some gems.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

My saunter through Darks Souls 2 has been brought to a screeching halt by.......... a game breaking bug that has been in the PC version since launch!

One of the bosses won't spawn and the solution is to either redownload the game (Steam is conveniently hosed at the moment for some reason and download speeds are in the shitter), start again (not happening) or grind a whole bunch of souls to do some kind of hosed up workaround (also, not happening).

PC gaming is still the loving pits. I really need to stop forgetting that every 3 years or so and just stick to consoles.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Which boss?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've never heard of such a bug and I've played tons of DS2 on PC since launch.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

PC gaming rules

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i respect the do not @. shame to see others willfully ignore it

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mytha. Burned the windmill and all but once i go in it's just a healthbar and the boss music and that's it.

Googled it and it's a common-ish glitch. Steam being hosed is just the loving cherry on top for me.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Did you use a trainer or something?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jay Rust posted:

Did you use a trainer or something?

Nope. Noticed that a lot of people say that when the glitch is brought up but i'm just playing the vanilla SOTFS version on Steam.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That sucks then. Like Kraken I've played tons and tons of hours of DS2 on PC (over a hundred in my case) and never experienced such a thing, no real bugs at all really.

For what it's worth, it isn't too much of a grind to get the the million soul memory needed to brute-force the door that leads to the latter half of the game. If I were you I would keep exploring the other directions and see how close you are to the break-point then.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm both relieved and disappointed that none of the other bosses in mischief makers are nearly as ridiculous and loving hard as cerberus alpha

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

spudsbuckley posted:

My saunter through Darks Souls 2 has been brought to a screeching halt by.......... a game breaking bug that has been in the PC version since launch!

One of the bosses won't spawn and the solution is to either redownload the game (Steam is conveniently hosed at the moment for some reason and download speeds are in the shitter), start again (not happening) or grind a whole bunch of souls to do some kind of hosed up workaround (also, not happening).

PC gaming is still the loving pits. I really need to stop forgetting that every 3 years or so and just stick to consoles.

What?

spudsbuckley posted:

Mytha. Burned the windmill and all but once i go in it's just a healthbar and the boss music and that's it.

Googled it and it's a common-ish glitch. Steam being hosed is just the loving cherry on top for me.

I've also never heard of this. Have you tried offering yourself as a summon and fighting her in somebody else's world?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Ohhh yeah I've heard of that glitch with her. Kinda surprising it made it's way to Scholar of the First Sin (assuming he's playing that and not vanilla).

Yeah that sucks, duder.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Propaganda Hour posted:

Ohhh yeah I've heard of that glitch with her. Kinda surprising it made it's way to Scholar of the First Sin (assuming he's playing that and not vanilla).

Yeah that sucks, duder.

I'm playing SOTFS. Was absolutely flying through the game but this may have put an end to it if reinstalling doesn't fix it.

I'll pick it up the next time it's on sale on PSN for a tenner because i presume it'll work properly on PS4.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It's a good thing no console game has ever had a game-breaking bug in it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If anyone thinks it would be fun right now to simulate a realistic war on the Korean Peninsula, here's a Wargame: Red Dragon code!

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Y*v54DAuhuGvF*yk

Please prove your RTS credentials, and replace the * with the first letter of the technology that powers this guy's suit (uppercase)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I stole your code, thank you friend

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

homeless snail posted:

I stole your code, thank you friend

What's the tech that powers his suit? It's been forever since I last played Red Alert 2.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what powers everything in red alert? its tesla armor

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

homeless snail posted:

what powers everything in red alert? its tesla armor

Ohhhh

I vaguely remember something about Einstein using tesla(?) to time travel

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He used chrono technology to time travel!

e: vv Same :smith:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 7, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I miss Command and Conquer. :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Olive! posted:

It's a good thing no console game has ever had a game-breaking bug in it.

The only one I've ever experienced was in Fallout 3. Don't at me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

@in training

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

People these days

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

The only one I've ever experienced was in Fallout 3. Don't at me.

one time i played fallout 3 and when i got to broken steel a guy i was supposed to talk to wouldn't move to the place where i could talk to him so i had to nudge him all the way across the room

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i'm both relieved and disappointed that none of the other bosses in mischief makers are nearly as ridiculous and loving hard as cerberus alpha

It's impressive to me that, despite not being anywhere near as difficult as noted Best Boss, all of the bosses are extremely satisfying to fight. Mischief Makers managed to wring a ton out of its simple central mechanic

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah even being way simpler sasquatch beta was still really neat and i liked pounding it into the ground. treasure was really good at taking conceptually simple mechanics and wringing really fun boss and level design out of them

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I wish the final boss was more involved. They could've had you fight Beastector and their machines in their default forms before they combined into MegaZord. Individually they are basically pieces of Seven Force, objectively the greatest boss in video games (and the cornerstone for Cuphead's gameplay concept).

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tbh i'm glad the final boss is apparently pretty easy because i don't want to end up replaying it a million times trying to get the gold gem + A rank

al-azad
May 28, 2009

My favorite detail about Mischief Makers is that you rescue the professor multiple times but each chapter ends with him trying to grope Marina and she tosses him into loving space while the narrator says something poetic overlooking Earth's atmosphere.

Although if you end the game and the player's age is 18+ the final scene is him creeping on Marina.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope that copy of Wargame finds a good home!

Meanwhile Shrouded Isle is pretty neat. Moody duochrome aesthetic, gameplay is a mix of Clue-like deductive sleuthing and managing limited resources and relationships in a quasi-Crusader Kings way. I can see spending a few hours with this figuring out optimal strategies and whatnot.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Can you change the yellow to another colour

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jay Rust posted:

Can you change the yellow to another colour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011