Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So what should I be doing for the first days in stardew valley when? So far I've shot my load by noon after taking out like three trees, and I got the fishing rod which drained all my energy and I had to go home moving 2 mph because energy drinks aren't invented yet.

Not sure what else I should do outside this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Modus Pwnens posted:

Why leave out the best one?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. 1-4 includes 3. :colbert:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have you somehow not played BoFIV? Because you should really play BoFIV :colbert:.

I was playing grinding Vagrant Story, which had come out two months earlier, and was saving for FF9 that summer. I forgot about it.

Spittin Wheelie
Nov 4, 2005

Spittin is a nasty habbit...

Louisgod posted:

So what should I be doing for the first days in stardew valley when? So far I've shot my load by noon after taking out like three trees, and I got the fishing rod which drained all my energy and I had to go home moving 2 mph because energy drinks aren't invented yet.

Relationship building with the townsfolk. Exploration. Hunting/Gathering. Collect anything you can in order to make money. See if there are any jobs you can perform on the bulletin board. There are also other foods you can eat/drink that will re-fill your energy gauge. If all else fails, you can go to sleep early and start a new day.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have you somehow not played BoFIV? Because you should really play BoFIV :colbert:.

I have played BoF1-5, and 4 was easily the worst one because it was drab, dull, and incredibly uninteresting. It was really hard to get invested in the characters or the world, and I just stopped caring about what happened to them.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Ventana posted:

Gundam versus likely will never come to switch (and if so, probably not in america), idk if there's any other real good gundam games worth getting beyond that

Which is really sad as Nintendo had a really good mecha series that it has just let fall apart: Custom Robo

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I completely forgot about stardew's dumb energy system.

Yeah gently caress that.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Spittin Wheelie posted:

Relationship building with the townsfolk. Exploration. Hunting/Gathering. Collect anything you can in order to make money. See if there are any jobs you can perform on the bulletin board. There are also other foods you can eat/drink that will re-fill your energy gauge. If all else fails, you can go to sleep early and start a new day.

This. My routine is watering my plants, then go chop trees or mine in the caves until my energy is gone. Use the afternoon to talk to people, forage for stuff, explore and all the other things that don't need energy.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ahhh, after Golf Story got me into Everybody's Golf, now I really want to see a Mario Golf on Switch. I wonder if it'll ever happen. World Tour on 3DS was pretty well-received but I have no idea how well it sold.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

enojy posted:

Ahhh, after Golf Story got me into Everybody's Golf, now I really want to see a Mario Golf on Switch. I wonder if it'll ever happen.

GBA/GC/N64 virtual console can make it happen!

It'll never happen :smith:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tensokuu posted:

Which is really sad as Nintendo had a really good mecha series that it has just let fall apart: Custom Robo

I just found my copy of that an hour ago!

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

enojy posted:

Ahhh, after Golf Story got me into Everybody's Golf, now I really want to see a Mario Golf on Switch. I wonder if it'll ever happen. World Tour on 3DS was pretty well-received but I have no idea how well it sold.

I tried a bunch of times to get into the 3DS one, but it never caught me the way Mario Golf (and Mario Tennis) on GBA did. :(

Golf Story seems decent so far.. I bet if they do a sequel it'll be pretty rad.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

enojy posted:

It sold well enough that a sequel will probably show up on Switch. I hope we get a tennis game too. Ultra Smash had zero content but the core gameplay was good and it was a gorgeous game.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
i was watching the giant bomb Picross video when i noticed that the joy con icons on the ui match tbe color of the actual joy con, at least in the controller pairing screen. :kimchi:

I would be rad to get a set of different colors and have them match up with player icons like you could do with the n64 colors of you were rich and didn't have one gray and one translucent purple like a normal kid.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Louisgod posted:

You should fork over the 300 wood for the bridge at the east end of the beach, usually yields enough daily gold to make it worth it. That and buy some seeds and check the bulletin board.

I'm on day 8 and I'm loving this game. Very similar to Golf Story. Chill game.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Beastie posted:

You should fork over the 300 wood for the bridge at the east end of the beach, usually yields enough daily gold to make it worth it. That and buy some seeds and check the bulletin board.

I'm on day 8 and I'm loving this game. Very similar to Golf Story. Chill game.

Yea that was absolutely worth it. You get that kind of wood just clearing out your land for the first few days, and you don't even start needing wood in that kind of quantity until a number of weeks in. Just know that trees don't grow back unless you plant them, and they take some time to grow, so initially there's a finite amount of wood you can gather until you've got a steady supply going.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mario Golf has appeared on every Nintendo system since the game boy color and N64, except for the WiiU. I expect they'll make one at some point. It also appeared under a different name but pretty much Mario golf on the NES. I don't think there was ever a SNES golf game in that style though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Is fishing supposed to be win some lose some? I swear I try to anticipate the fish moving up and down the scale but it seems to arbitrarily jump up and down unpredictably and the meter does not react quick enough.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 7, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Nintendo has opened up a farewell group on Miiverse for the last month.:smith:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/6437256809372544018/6437256809372544024/hot

Instead of this, they could just keep miiverse alive, since it's one of the greatest things Nintendo has ever done

I hope someone manages to put together a homebrew miiverse, like they did to keep multiplayer alive in some Wii games.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Beastie posted:

Is fishing supposed to be win some lose some? I swear I try to anticipate the fish moving up and down the scale but it seems to arbitrarily jump up and down unpredictably and the meter does not react quick enough.

You'll start to recognize different fish as you hook them by their bob patterns. From there it's pretty easy to predict where they'll end up.

Also upgrade your equipment.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
hmm I might be stuck in golf story

how do i initiate the beach course? I'm guessing I have to do a chain of side quests as I did a few, but seem to have hit a dead end. The guy in charge of running the course is pissed that his wallet was stolen and will only let Max play, whom I can't access due to a bodyguard who wants a clock or something?.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'll be flying cross country and out of town for a week.

What should I pickup to play? I've already got Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Zelda, Shovel Knight and Blastermaster Zero.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Kirios posted:

What should I pickup to play? I've already got Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Zelda, Shovel Knight and Blastermaster Zero.

Kamiko's a good short 5$ game and I've heard good things about slime-san.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kirios posted:

Unless you have steady access to the internet, don't get Splatoon 2. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will keep you busy for ages.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
No, they already have those. Mario XCOM is fun single player if that's your bag, Sonic Mania's p drat fun too if you like old times Sonic games. I guess there's the requisite Stardew, or Golf Story for slowish paced world building, rpgish poo poo. Neo Turf Masters is a fun-challenging pickup and play arcade golf game without a whole lot of depth though.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

You can keep playing zelda till Mario and Xeno come out.

Never played golf story or stardew.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
just play whatever youd play if you werent traveling

thats the whole point

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Has anyone got opinions on Spelunker Party?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I WANT MARIO

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
I have to wait for Mario. There are too many fantastic games atm. I have 30 more Zelda shrines and Ganon, 3 more courses in Golf Story, only 15 days into my first Spring in Stardew, have to complete a Knuckles and a Tails run in Sonic, have to earn Gold in mirror mode/200cc Mario Kart and last, but not least, Lava world (and whatever is left) on Mario Rabbids.

Oh yeah and about 5% into Picross S, but that is a game for long term, very gradual completion.

Oh poo poo, almost forgot Blizzcon is coming up so Im gonna have to grind some Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. Thank god I'm single and childless, otherwise I'd be skipping out on some serious responsibilities.

Sensual Simian fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Oct 7, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
im drowning games someone help

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
[quote="“Kurtofan”" post="“477142177”"]
[/quote]

I am the dude playing the violin for the last song on the Titanic. It was an honor playing with you fine gentlemen this evening..*frantic Sonic underwater countdown begins as I struggle for air*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kurtofan posted:

:same:

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/6437256809372544018/6437256809372544024/hot

Aw man... :smith:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
too many games i want on switch this month, what is happening nintendo.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Where is my loving SHOVELWARE?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Miiverse :(

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Sensual Simian posted:

Oh yeah and about 5% into Picross S, but that is a game for long term, very gradual completion.

Great. I also have more games than I need and now I've got Picross too. Totally forgot that was coming out.

Thanks for reminding me I guess?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Kirios posted:

Steamworld Dig 2 is the best game I've played on the Switch so far.

It's on other platforms too, but it's the kind of game that works well going from TV to handheld and back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm hoping, very likely against reason, that the last day there will be an announcement of a Miiverse for Switch. I like he name The SwitchBoard for it

Also I have only one last person to introduce myself to in StarDew and I can't locate them :sigh:

• Locked thread